Wanted Texas and/or Eastern Indigo Wanted - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Pine, Bull, Gopher & Indigo Snakes

Notices

Old 12-20-2015, 08:29 PM   #1
Kay95
Texas and/or Eastern Indigo Wanted

Hi I live in Texas and I'm looking for (preferably) a Texas Indigo, but an Eastern Indigo is my second choice. If you know of any breeders or are looking to sell yours I would like to hear from you!
  Contact User Check User
Old 12-21-2015, 08:23 AM   #2
Black Adder
Pretty sure you should find out about permits and legality first
You WILL need a USFWS issued interstate commerce permit for an Eastern Indigo unless you find somebody who has them and can sell to you already in the state of Texas.
Not sure on status of Texas Indigos in Texas for ownership, sure somebody else will add to that
Good luck.

Old 01-05-2016, 12:11 PM   #3
soooeee
Texas Indigos

Texas Indigos are a State only protected species. You cannot catch one, but you can buy them from out of state but cannot ever breed them. If you just want one for a pet - find one out of the state of Texas and purchase it. Be sure to keep a sales receipt and all shipping info. Have the shipper mark the outside of the box with the common name and scientific name and keep the info available. I know someone here in Texas that keeps. breeds and sells his pre-regulation Indigos, but that is not a can of worms you really want to open up. Texas Parks & Wildlife will not go after him because he is on legal ground and will fight them in court. Most other herpers do not want to get into that fight so most of his go out of state. Good luck.

Old 01-14-2016, 09:59 PM   #4
Kay95
Thank y'all both for the advice, I am very grateful for it. I know it will be hard for me to obtain a Texas indigo, that's why I also added the eastern to my wanted list, though its not my #1 choice, it is still a beautiful snake that I would love to have.
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
eastern indigo snake, indigo, texas