Chinese coronavirus - Page 53 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors   Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds  Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

Do you want to be able to bump and highlight your classified ads? Click here!

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 05-29-2020, 10:40 AM   #521
E.Shell
Good morning Ms Lucille.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I never tire of discussing rights, but you continue to avoid discussing responsibilities.
I'm not quite sure what you're looking for here... If you want me to recant, go into full supplication mode and say "OMG, based on the crap being shoveled at us by the powers that be and their media, it IS just too dangerous out there and no one has any business living life as they see fit because of my fear of what might happen. Damn the torpedoes, full speed to bed.", I will not be able to do that, so...

Can I manage my own risks and responsibility? Yes. Can I manage yours or anyone else's? No.

One 'responsibility' thing I have avoided discussing is the financial responsibility. One reason to avoid this is because it is almost impossible to discuss without realizing that there are clearly factions united to drive our economy into despair and any serious, *candid* talk about 'responsibility' in this context will automatically lead to a political discussion.

But let's just dance around it a little and ask ourselves a couple questions, looking for intellectually honest answers:

Who pays for the tremendous losses being incurred here, every minute of the day and night, millions and billions, and the lasting damage to our ability to flourish as nation? Who is responsible for that? Answer: Working people, their children, and their children's children, probably another couple generations after that... Of course, if one doesn't pay taxes or have kids, then priorities will admittedly change. How do we mitigate THAT damage and risk of continuance of failed policy?

Who benefits from manipulated destruction of the United States? I ask because, see it or not, that's exactly what's happening.

I'm not going to post 'a bunch of links proving anything' this morning, but will substantiate any of this by request.

Personal responsibility? How? I am personally responsible for my own behavior and DO keep a pretty tight reign on it, ignoring the voices most days... How am I personally responsible by noticing that we are being lied to and manipulated, and protesting same? What if you're right, maybe we should just ride this out for a vaccine...if/when/maybe...

Oddly enough, we are to wait for a vaccine that may or may not materialize, and may or may not be 99% effective against a virus that has a 99.998% survival rate... I do math as a part of my job, but the logic in that math, in view of the stakes, confuses me.

In fact, as we wait more or less patiently, they've already seen to discrediting the vaccine program, in case the virus has to go until the actual election. They say the virus will mutate so quickly it will be difficult-to-impossible to develop a vaccine, but we definitely should wait for one.

But, back to 'responsibility', how about responsibility for the thousands of nursing home/assisted living deaths, where the governors of NY and NJ forced positive-testing Chinese virus victims into closed populations of the most vulnerable citizens? BTW, these same "too vulnerable" citizens were forbidden visitors 'because virus'. Seriously, how can ANYONE see this and NOT see the criminality at play?

In these states, the numbers are like 42% of all deaths occurred with .7% of the population, a group of exceptionally vulnerable people, mainly because of this nursing home debacle. And they are STILL doing it. My sympathy for anyone with elders in one of these 'care' facilities. Talk about skewing numbers and making things appear worse than they are: "OMG, the overwhelming death toll in poor NY!!!"{/media wringing of hands}.

Responsibility for spreading the disease? I'd bet the idiots at the beach couldn't kill nearly as many people as the two governors mentioned above...some 10,000 souls...and they're the ones we are supposed to trust to 'guide us' though this, LOL. It's like Bizarro World.

Quote:
Depending on the circumstances you may end up owing a VERY large sum to the estate/family of the person who died. You may end up incarcerated.
These *punishments* you mention aren't exactly 'being responsible'...being *held* responsible, yes. 'Making up for the death' as I had asked, of course not. So if we acknowledge that one cannot possibly 'make up for' another person's death, then it becomes clear that after all this enlightenment, that I've gotta sell the truck...

Quote:
And one can manage Covid risks as well. Not go to a crowded beach.
I had thought this was one of our points of agreement, that it was judged by us, you and I, that it was too dangerous and we would exercise our rights NOT to go... I still feel that way.

Quote:
But if one doesn't, and unnecessarily exposes ones self and gets infected, and then, worse, infects others, one should not expect the government or those you injured to pay.
Let's go someplace else for a second:
Did you know that people who knowingly spread HIV have been ruled 'not criminally responsible' in several courts? That's just another virus that can be spread asymptomatically and stands to cause terrible death in the person infected...otherwise, (almost) completely different virus...somehow. One KNOWS they have it (as opposed to WuFlu) and they proceed to have relations with others anyway, and that's OK. Why aren't these HIV people quarantined (using the real definition)? Because they have rights to freedom, to choose their sexual partners and pursue happiness? I guess their partner/victim could have abstained and remain virginal, or, if they only knew, avoid relations with that individual, IF they knew. But they didn't know, and now they are infected without knowing it... I guess if one knew people at the beach might have WuFlu, they too could abstain, like you and I are doing. Please take a moment and explain to me the exact difference here.

The dubious risk of WuFlu killing us all has subsided (want more links?), the states that have opened up,including yours, have NOT seen the dreaded, much touted, widely feared by doctor/political figures, heavily publicized by the mask-flipping media "second wave".

I'm certainly not a doctor, but I'm not seeing it....yet. How long to we wait after seeing apparent success in the opening of the states that opened a MONTH ago? Oh I get it; "indefinitely", just like they say on all the TV stations, 85% of which are owned by just 6 entities on the entire planet. Media says "It's OUR job to control what people think!" (Morning Joe/Mika, MSNBC, telling like it is (for once)).

Every public figure wanting to keep us down, except for a few innocents who have been terrified into compliance, has an agenda. The agendas are varied, but the common theme is to damage our economy as much as possible. Whether this is to further Chinese infiltration and control, whether to distract from criminal wrongdoing, to discredit the presidency, to promote profit from their foreign investments...there ARE agendas afoot that are purely to the detriment of the US and our citizens.
Quote:
There are financial responsibilities for those 'rights'
Please refer to the beginning of my post to look at my continued avoidance of financial responsibility discussion.

The beach people's ability to hurt people, cause personal/business financial ruin and economic disaster positively PALES in comparison to what they are doing to us in the name of "saving us". Saving us for what, improved market value? It's always 'for your own good'. The only thing they aren't saying is that "this is going to hurt me more than it does you", LOL, because it doesn't.

I have a "Member to Admin" question, April...Lucille...Rich;
Is there a forum here where pure political discussion may be held? Hell?

It is increasingly difficult to discuss an attack on our nation by enemies both foreign and domestic without naming names and pointing fingers (might even post a couple links). I would suggest that being able to insert political context into a discussion of this situation will bring many things to light that are difficult to illustrate if we are to stay 'on topic'.

Old 05-29-2020, 12:51 PM   #522
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Shell View Post
Is there a forum here where pure political discussion may be held? Hell?

It is increasingly difficult to discuss an attack on our nation by enemies both foreign and domestic without naming names and pointing fingers (might even post a couple links). I would suggest that being able to insert political context into a discussion of this situation will bring many things to light that are difficult to illustrate if we are to stay 'on topic'.
As best I can recall, I have never restricted discussions on any particular topic as long as it was suitable for the forum it takes place in. That includes politics and religion. I realize that such discussions can polarize the membership, but I'm not sure that would be worse than me being heavy handed and demanding that no one discuss such things here.

That being said, if there is the expectation that the discussion may get heated and the language that may be used a bit "saucy", then perhaps the HELL forum would be best.

Old 05-29-2020, 01:07 PM   #523
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Shell View Post

Not an admin, I am just a common contributing member (and proud of it)

Old 05-30-2020, 09:30 AM   #524
E.Shell
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
As best I can recall, I have never restricted discussions on any particular topic as long as it was suitable for the forum it takes place in. That includes politics and religion. I realize that such discussions can polarize the membership, but I'm not sure that would be worse than me being heavy handed and demanding that no one discuss such things here.

That being said, if there is the expectation that the discussion may get heated and the language that may be used a bit "saucy", then perhaps the HELL forum would be best.
Thanks Rich, I appreciate your considered reply. Foul language isn't necessary, and any 'heat' would be brought by others, but I would use the HELL forum to encourage candid discussion.

There is SO MUCH information coming to light daily that some factual stuff is even leaking out to the public through mainstream/corporate media. Many of the things I would wish to discuss will be more easily accepted as time goes by. "It's easier to fool people than to convince them they are being fooled." and I think waiting a little while longer would likely tame most divisive/polarizing reaction.

Old 06-02-2020, 02:40 AM   #525
WebSlave
Quote:
Coronavirus May Be a Blood Vessel Disease, Which Explains Everything

Many of the infection’s bizarre symptoms have one thing in common

Dana G Smith, May 29, 2020

In April, blood clots emerged as one of the many mysterious symptoms attributed to Covid-19, a disease that had initially been thought to largely affect the lungs in the form of pneumonia. Quickly after came reports of young people dying due to coronavirus-related strokes. Next it was Covid toes — painful red or purple digits.

What do all of these symptoms have in common? An impairment in blood circulation. Add in the fact that 40% of deaths from Covid-19 are related to cardiovascular complications, and the disease starts to look like a vascular infection instead of a purely respiratory one.

Months into the pandemic, there is now a growing body of evidence to support the theory that the novel coronavirus can infect blood vessels, which could explain not only the high prevalence of blood clots, strokes, and heart attacks, but also provide an answer for the diverse set of head-to-toe symptoms that have emerged.

“All these Covid-associated complications were a mystery. We see blood clotting, we see kidney damage, we see inflammation of the heart, we see stroke, we see encephalitis [swelling of the brain],” says William Li, MD, president of the Angiogenesis Foundation. “A whole myriad of seemingly unconnected phenomena that you do not normally see with SARS or H1N1 or, frankly, most infectious diseases.”

“If you start to put all of the data together that’s emerging, it turns out that this virus is probably a vasculotropic virus, meaning that it affects the [blood vessels],” says Mandeep Mehra, MD, medical director of the Brigham and Women’s Hospital Heart and Vascular Center.

In a paper published in April in the scientific journal The Lancet, Mehra and a team of scientists discovered that the SARS-CoV-2 virus can infect the endothelial cells that line the inside of blood vessels. Endothelial cells protect the cardiovascular system, and they release proteins that influence everything from blood clotting to the immune response. In the paper, the scientists showed damage to endothelial cells in the lungs, heart, kidneys, liver, and intestines in people with Covid-19.

“The concept that’s emerging is that this is not a respiratory illness alone, this is a respiratory illness to start with, but it is actually a vascular illness that kills people through its involvement of the vasculature,” says Mehra.

A one-of-a-kind respiratory virus

SARS-CoV-2 is thought to enter the body through ACE2 receptors present on the surface of cells that line the respiratory tract in the nose and throat. Once in the lungs, the virus appears to move from the alveoli, the air sacs in the lung, into the blood vessels, which are also rich in ACE2 receptors.

“[The virus] enters the lung, it destroys the lung tissue, and people start coughing. The destruction of the lung tissue breaks open some blood vessels,” Mehra explains. “Then it starts to infect endothelial cell after endothelial cell, creates a local immune response, and inflames the endothelium.”

A respiratory virus infecting blood cells and circulating through the body is virtually unheard of. Influenza viruses like H1N1 are not known to do this, and the original SARS virus, a sister coronavirus to the current infection, did not spread past the lung. Other types of viruses, such as Ebola or Dengue, can damage endothelial cells, but they are very different from viruses that typically infect the lungs.

Benhur Lee, MD, a professor of microbiology at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, says the difference between SARS and SARS-CoV-2 likely stems from an extra protein each of the viruses requires to activate and spread. Although both viruses dock onto cells through ACE2 receptors, another protein is needed to crack open the virus so its genetic material can get into the infected cell. The additional protein the original SARS virus requires is only present in lung tissue, but the protein for SARS-CoV-2 to activate is present in all cells, especially endothelial cells.

“In SARS1, the protein that’s required to cleave it is likely present only in the lung environment, so that’s where it can replicate. To my knowledge, it doesn’t really go systemic,” Lee says. “[SARS-CoV-2] is cleaved by a protein called furin, and that’s a big danger because furin is present in all our cells, it’s ubiquitous.”

Endothelial damage could explain the virus’ weird symptoms

An infection of the blood vessels would explain many of the weird tendencies of the novel coronavirus, like the high rates of blood clots. Endothelial cells help regulate clot formation by sending out proteins that turn the coagulation system on or off. The cells also help ensure that blood flows smoothly and doesn’t get caught on any rough edges on the blood vessel walls.

“The endothelial cell layer is in part responsible for [clot] regulation, it inhibits clot formation through a variety of ways,” says Sanjum Sethi, MD, MPH, an interventional cardiologist at Columbia University Irving Medical Center. “If that’s disrupted, you could see why that may potentially promote clot formation.”

Endothelial damage might account for the high rates of cardiovascular damage and seemingly spontaneous heart attacks in people with Covid-19, too. Damage to endothelial cells causes inflammation in the blood vessels, and that can cause any plaque that’s accumulated to rupture, causing a heart attack. This means anyone who has plaque in their blood vessels that might normally have remained stable or been controlled with medication is suddenly at a much higher risk for a heart attack.

“Inflammation and endothelial dysfunction promote plaque rupture,” Sethi says. “Endothelial dysfunction is linked towards worse heart outcomes, in particular myocardial infarction or heart attack.”

Blood vessel damage could also explain why people with pre-existing conditions like high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, and heart disease are at a higher risk for severe complications from a virus that’s supposed to just infect the lungs. All of those diseases cause endothelial cell dysfunction, and the additional damage and inflammation in the blood vessels caused by the infection could push them over the edge and cause serious problems.

The theory could even solve the mystery of why ventilation often isn’t enough to help many Covid-19 patients breathe better. Moving air into the lungs, which ventilators help with, is only one part of the equation. The exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the blood is just as important to provide the rest of the body with oxygen, and that process relies on functioning blood vessels in the lungs.

“If you have blood clots within the blood vessels that are required for complete oxygen exchange, even if you’re moving air in and out of the airways, [if] the circulation is blocked, the full benefits of mechanical ventilatory support are somewhat thwarted,” says Li.

A new paper published last week in the New England Journal of Medicine, on which Li is a co-author, found widespread evidence of blood clots and infection in the endothelial cells in the lungs of people who died from Covid-19. This was in stark contrast to people who died from H1N1, who had nine times fewer blood clots in the lungs. Even the structure of the blood vessels was different in the Covid-19 lungs, with many more new branches that likely formed after the original blood vessels were damaged.

“We saw blood clots everywhere,” Li says. “We were observing virus particles filling up the endothelial cell like filling up a gumball machine. The endothelial cell swells and the cell membrane starts to break down, and now you have a layer of injured endothelium.”

Finally, infection of the blood vessels may be how the virus travels through the body and infects other organs — something that’s atypical of respiratory infections.

“Endothelial cells connect the entire circulation [system], 60,000 miles worth of blood vessels throughout our body,” says Li. “Is this one way that Covid-19 can impact the brain, the heart, the Covid toe? Does SARS-CoV-2 traffic itself through the endothelial cells or get into the bloodstream this way? We don’t know the answer to that.”

If Covid-19 is a vascular disease, the best antiviral therapy might not be antiviral therapy

An alternative theory is that the blood clotting and symptoms in other organs are caused by inflammation in the body due to an over-reactive immune response — the so-called cytokine storm. This inflammatory reaction can occur in other respiratory illnesses and severe cases of pneumonia, which is why the initial reports of blood clots, heart complications, and neurological symptoms didn’t sound the alarm bells. However, the magnitude of the problems seen with Covid-19 appear to go beyond the inflammation experienced in other respiratory infections.

“There is some increased propensity, we think, of clotting happening with these [other] viruses. I think inflammation in general promotes that,” Sethi says. “Is this over and above or unique for SARS-CoV-2, or is that just because [the infection] is just that much more severe? I think those are all really good questions that unfortunately we don’t have the answer to yet.”

Anecdotally, Sethi says the number of requests he received as the director of the pulmonary embolism response team, which deals with blood clots in the lungs, in April 2020 was two to three times the number in April 2019. The question he’s now trying to answer is whether that’s because there were simply more patients at the hospital during that month, the peak of the pandemic, or if Covid-19 patients really do have a higher risk for blood clots.

“I suspect from what we see and what our preliminary data show is that this virus has an additional risk factor for blood clots, but I can’t prove that yet,” Sethi says.

The good news is that if Covid-19 is a vascular disease, there are existing drugs that can help protect against endothelial cell damage. In another New England Journal of Medicine paper that looked at nearly 9,000 people with Covid-19, Mehra showed that the use of statins and ACE inhibitors were linked to higher rates of survival. Statins reduce the risk of heart attacks not only by lowering cholesterol or preventing plaque, they also stabilize existing plaque, meaning they’re less likely to rupture if someone is on the drugs.

“It turns out that both statins and ACE inhibitors are extremely protective on vascular dysfunction,” Mehra says. “Most of their benefit in the continuum of cardiovascular illness — be it high blood pressure, be it stroke, be it heart attack, be it arrhythmia, be it heart failure — in any situation the mechanism by which they protect the cardiovascular system starts with their ability to stabilize the endothelial cells.”

Mehra continues, “What we’re saying is that maybe the best antiviral therapy is not actually an antiviral therapy. The best therapy might actually be a drug that stabilizes the vascular endothelial. We’re building a drastically different concept.”
SOURCE: https://elemental.medium.com/coronav...g-2c4032481ab2

Old 06-03-2020, 01:05 PM   #526
E.Shell
Very interesting article. Makes sense of the myriad symptoms.

I guess we're getting another test of social distancing this past week, with the many protests going on around the world. Makes those beach people seem sane.

Old 06-03-2020, 05:49 PM   #527
WebSlave
Yeah, it will be interesting to see if the active virus cases spike in those areas of violence in a couple of weeks. Of course, I have read that quite a few people partaking in the rioting and looting were actually from out of state in at least many of the "protests". So I'm not sure if that would be cause for a wider spread of infections or not. Plus since many of them were masked (and not for infection prevention, IMHO) that is just another variable to take into account. I wonder if some of those people had to be paid higher wages because of the threat of the coronavirus in order to participate in these staged and coordinated events?

I do wish that there was some black and white truth to be able to just digest to make sense of everything. But seems like nearly everything I read just causes me indigestion lately because of the literal intellectual non digestive nature of it. Misinformation and propaganda just abounds from nearly every quarter.

But at least the media didn't try to force photos of this George Floyd when he was 12 years old down our throats. Maybe they are finally figuring out that many of us aren't as dumb as they would like us to be. Or perhaps they just couldn't because of the videos of the incident that WERE the inflammatory news they wanted to beat the drum about.

Anyway, seems like every time I think the world can't become any more insane and volatile, I get forcibly corrected by current events.

IMHO.

Old 06-03-2020, 07:41 PM   #528
WebSlave
Oh yeah, and I was hoping that the availability of ammunition would ease up a bit if confirmed cases of the virus were to slow down during the Spring and Summer months. Then this rioting nonsense blows up, and things have gotten worse. MUCH worse. Seems like everyone is stocking up on guns and ammo. Even my niece and her husband are talking about buying a gun now. Would have probably been better had they thought of this a while back, however. I would guess availability has become pretty skimpy, and prices going up. This should have just been one more thing that people should have thought about stocking up on in case things got bad, for one reason or another.

Not that I really need any ammo, but I bought some guns a while back in calibers that I haven't really bought much ammo for. Seems kind of silly to have a gun and be short on ammo for it. At least to me. Sort of like having a car with no gasoline in the tank, and all gas stations sold out. Yeah, I know I can just drive another vehicle, but......

Old 06-04-2020, 09:30 AM   #529
E.Shell
Quote:
Yeah, it will be interesting to see if the active virus cases spike in those areas of violence in a couple of weeks.
Were I a betting man, I would wager "No spike". After all, Obama spoke up and seems to think all this is behind us, and indicates that attending riots and multiple funerals, ostensibly for a dead criminal (but really to promote anarchy) carries no risk of killing us all, so...

Of course, if these same people went to church, which is NOT allowed, we would see death and destruction of Biblical Proportions...
Quote:
Of course, I have read that quite a few people partaking in the rioting and looting were actually from out of state in at least many of the "protests". So I'm not sure if that would be cause for a wider spread of infections or not.
I think that if the 'out of state' thing IS true, there will be a jump in cases, and potentially more severe due to independent mutations.

There have been many reports of out of town people instigating, but the arrest records have not been demonstrating that. It's a Blame Game - quick, which cup is the ball under? MANY people are from the relatively affluent suburbs in the same city - apparently beating innocents, vandalizing honest businesses, looting and burning in support of justice for George Floyd along with their less fortunate urban brothers.

One of the worst parts is the clear manipulation of the justice system surrounding this. First, they let felons out of prison, 'because virus'. Then they create no-bail release of arrested criminals 'because virus'. Then they jail business owners for trying to make a living...'because virus'. We have now a smoothly revolving door and if any vandal, arsonist, etc. DOES happen to suffer arrest, he's back out of jail before the fire goes out... So, we have to let criminals out of jail to keep THEM safe (!?), and put otherwise law abiding citizens IN jail to keep them safe...yeah, OK, sorry, I see I'll need a few more drinks before this starts making sense to me.

Seriously, anyone not seeing through this just doesn't want to.

I too didn't want to believe I had been maliciously manipulated by MSM most of my life...but here we are. This MSM complicity isn't a political party thing either, it's bigger than that. The MSM supported Bush's BS about WMDs, well beyond the (unprovoked?) invasion and occupation of Iraq, until it just couldn't carry the illusion anymore, but by then something else shiny caught our collective eye... Cognitive dissonance.

The true instigators are the ones rubbing salt into the wound and focusing the "demonstrations" (riots) on looting and burning innocent businesses and citizens homes. There are larger factions at play too, those who foment violence by leaving containers of bricks in convenient places, as well as prepared flammables/accelerants. THESE people are far more responsible for property damage and injury than any of the pawns they activate.
Quote:
Plus since many of them were masked (and not for infection prevention, IMHO) that is just another variable to take into account.
We are told that we should stay inside/isolated and/or 'social distance' because masks are largely ineffective. We are told that social distancing is ineffective so we should wear masks. I am SO tired of us being treated like we are mentally retarded and cannot think for ourselves at all. Who actually puts the conflicted meanings of multiple statements together and still believes this crap?
Quote:
I wonder if some of those people had to be paid higher wages because of the threat of the coronavirus in order to participate in these staged and coordinated events?
There are reports and video of cars pulling up and handing out cash at these riots too, but I don't know if it is more than usual.
Quote:
I do wish that there was some black and white truth to be able to just digest to make sense of everything. But seems like nearly everything I read just causes me indigestion lately because of the literal intellectual non digestive nature of it. Misinformation and propaganda just abounds from nearly every quarter.
I too wish there was an ultimate truth. I have been trying to put together an overall picture and discarding the many nonsensical things.

Example: Media masks up, put on their big, scared eyes and tells us that the virus is able to travel through open air and dry surfaces and kills everyone. OK, I am duly terrified and shivering under the blankets like I should. BUT THEN, at the end of the public portion of the statement, these liars remove their masks, huddle together and joke around like there is nothing to be afraid of, like they know something we don't. So, I am logically forced to discard their coordinated scare-tactic statements in favor of my own lying eyes...

How about success stories about treatments from around the world that precipitate certain governors to OUTLAW treatments, something that is quite clearly between the patient and their doctor. I especially like the Arizona situation, where neither the governor nor his medical advisor have medical degrees, but know better than anyone how dangerous a previously FDA approved drug suddenly is and prohibit it's use. Who is killing who here? Honestly...if I had ever told my mother a BS story like this, I would have been sent to the adoption agency.

I can find several more examples of this contradictory behavior pretty easily. Contradictory stories and contradictory behavior indicate LIES. Now, to investigate who benefits from this BIG LIE? I asked this before as a rhetorical question to spur thought, but it is a very serious and important question.
Quote:
But at least the media didn't try to force photos of this George Floyd when he was 12 years old down our throats.
This is indeed a pleasant change of their standard MO.

From a purely 'propaganda/bullshit the public again' appreciation perspective, I LOVE what they did to George Zimmerman. Made him look whiter and older than he really was and used unfavorable (mugshot) pics. NOBODY looks human in a mugshot... The poor innocent "teen" (man enough to vote and go out alone in the middle of the night) wa sportrayed as a child-like innocent in ALL of the pics and they totally ignored, no, they buried, his gangbanger pics on FarceBook. When his girlfriend admitted to lying in testimony, did they publicize this as heavily? No, because it would create a disturbance in The Force.
Quote:
Maybe they are finally figuring out that many of us aren't as dumb as they would like us to be.
I think that the internet age and social media have provided an alternate, free-speech source of information and it hurts the standard, monopolized narrative.
Quote:
Or perhaps they just couldn't because of the videos of the incident that WERE the inflammatory news they wanted to beat the drum about.
I think there is more to be seen here, but yes, the footage produced the desired results; one film clip killed the virus off and brought more strife between the citizens. I always loved magic.

There is more to be seen here:
George Floyd and Derek Chauvin knew each other and had overlapping shifts and bouncers at a night club over a 17 year period.
George Floyd was involved in porn films. They said he was a 'star', but everyone in porn is a "porn star", LOL.
Derek Chauvin had multiple accusations against him for brutality, but has somehow been protected until now.
The DA said 'no crime/no charges', but after one night of "demonstrations" (riots and looting), Chauvin is charged with Murder III.
The local coroner dutifully said that there was no sign of strangulation or spinal trauma leading to death, but the officer remains charged with murder.
After another few days of rioting, the DA upgrades the charge to Murder II. even AFTER the coroner's report said 'not murder'.
Independent autopsy results indicate asphyxiation as cause of death, so maybe it IS murder.
Every time I look at the video, I think to myself "it could not have been staged any more effectively".
:Looking at the video, and it sure looks like murder to me (my own lying eyes again), but I'm not a cop, coroner or politician.
Quote:
Anyway, seems like every time I think the world can't become any more insane and volatile, I get forcibly corrected by current events.

IMHO.
Sometimes, I think there is divine wisdom in our limited life spans. I don't know how much worse things could be and still not cause serious blood pressure issues. My grandfather, with his Christian farmer background, would have stroked out by now, if he had to watch all this stuff. I can remember his getting mad at news when 50-60 years ago and now look at it...

Old 06-04-2020, 10:04 AM   #530
E.Shell
Quote:
Oh yeah, and I was hoping that the availability of ammunition would ease up a bit if confirmed cases of the virus were to slow down during the Spring and Summer months. Then this rioting nonsense blows up, and things have gotten worse. MUCH worse.
A lot of ammo for common defensive/tactical calibers has become hard to find. Some calibers are still available. There are a couple on line buyers guides to refer to if you don't mind getting it delivered.
Quote:
Seems like everyone is stocking up on guns and ammo. Even my niece and her husband are talking about buying a gun now.
One very funny thing that is happening is that the snowflakes and liberals that previously disapproved of private gun ownership are just now finding out that THEY have been lied to by MSM, and that guns are NOT easier to get than a bag of weed. A friend works in a Baltimore gun shop and he has been dealing with these first-time buyers who had been led to believe that there were millions of 'guns on the street' and 'loopholes' they could use. They refuse to believe they are not 'qualified' to buy a handgun, now that THEY want one.

Here in MD, one needs an HQL (handgun qualification license) to even HANDLE a handgun at a store. They are finding out that they cannot touch a pistol without the nanny-state mandated fingerprinting and 'safety class' and bonafide license to prove they have. They are usually outraged and some have had to be removed from the store, due to tantrums. The shoe is on the other foot...the actual truth about restrictions and oppression comes out and they are honestly amazed at how screwed they are. 'Because virus' one cannot get an HQL as easily (it was never convenient and the training (fire ONE shot at the range) isn't available) and so they truly are screwed by their own feel-good laws, laws that we conservative gun owners had tried to resist for many years. Delicious.
Quote:
Would have probably been better had they thought of this a while back, however. I would guess availability has become pretty skimpy, and prices going up. This should have just been one more thing that people should have thought about stocking up on in case things got bad, for one reason or another.
True, although in the strictest sense, logical prep means food, water, shelter, meds, clothing and THEN guns. I see a lot of delusional preppers asking all sorts of gun questions and ammo questions and then admit they couldn't live more than a few days or week without resupply of something more critical than a gun.

I'm glad i used to make it a habit to buy a case of ammo at every gun show, even if i didn't need it. LOL, once, at BulletFest (formerly a yearly machine gun shoot in Ohio), The 'AmmoMan' truck got stuck pretty badly in a plowed field and Erik was selling ammo out of the back of the truck for half price to get light enough to be pulled out - I bought ammo for rifles I didn't even have - who can turn down a good sale?
Quote:
Not that I really need any ammo, but I bought some guns a while back in calibers that I haven't really bought much ammo for. Seems kind of silly to have a gun and be short on ammo for it. At least to me. Sort of like having a car with no gasoline in the tank, and all gas stations sold out. Yeah, I know I can just drive another vehicle, but......
I know what you mean about seldom used calibers. My dad left me a .30-30 that I have not fired since I was a kid, but not having a couple boxes of ammo around for it makes me uneasy.

I have been guilty of selling some of my pile lately too. I bought a lot of stuff 10-20 years ago and for example, I bought boxes of 1000 Wolf 7.62x39s for $69 when that was the going price, and just sold some at $250/1000 and STILL saved the buyer some money over current market prices.

If you're looking for anything in particular and cannot find it, let me know. I have both some odd stocks and I also know quite a few people in the business and may be able to help scratch something up for you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!