How do you leave feedback for someone? Trader Rating not working - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:08 AM   #31
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanozig View Post
i cant get many ratings at all because everyone i am doing business with is not a contributing member but me, only thing I am able to do is leave good feedback for NON Contributing members..... doesnt seem fair....
Perhaps. Perhaps not. If someone you piss off comes here and creates 10 false registrations simply to bombard you with 10 negative feedbacks, how fair will you think that will be? And how fair will you think it is when we tell you that we aren't going to do anything about it without YOU providing rock solid proof to us about those false registrations?

There will be no way to express any rebuttal to those negative feedbacks at all. So then what will you think about that situation?

Think it can't happen?

Old 10-16-2013, 02:00 PM   #32
black06gt
I recently became a contributing member but I am still unable to leave ratings ?
Thanks for any help in advance
-Huston

Old 10-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #33
hhmoore
Some of the features aren't accessible on unused accounts (I think the "start" is 10 posts for karma, for example). The site is also experiencing some technical difficulties which may affect its ability to process the membership. This can also be affected by the payment method - ie, echecks must clear before the membership will be processed.

Rich is working on getting things sorted out; so hopefully the technical stuff will be fixed in the near future. For the time being, make some posts (eliminate that from the equation).

Old 10-16-2013, 02:59 PM   #34
black06gt
Ok Thanks Harald I'll make some posts and I payed through PayPal

Old 10-16-2013, 04:18 PM   #35
WebSlave
Sorry, but among the issues exhibiting themselves with the server problems is the fact that PayPal payments are no longer showing up to update the accounts here. So I have to check for email notices, and the try to match up those payments with the member names here and update the accounts manually. Quite frankly, there is often no match at all between the info in PayPal and the info in a member's account here. And if their ISP (Yahoo, for instance) is blocking emails from this site because of the settings they have in their spam blocking (I presume) then they will never get my email about the problem. Which leaves the payment in limbo and no way for me to contact them about it.

So in such cases, my only option is to wait for them to contact me about the problem with their account not being update.

All in all this whole week or three has been a real pain in my buttocks.

Old 10-16-2013, 04:58 PM   #36
black06gt
Ok Rich, what info of mine do you need to match the payment to my account
Thanks
-Huston

Old 10-16-2013, 06:03 PM   #37
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK890 View Post
I understand that having the trader rating system "pay to play" is an attempt to encourage members to contribute to this site.

However, I would like to point something out.
I just completed a transaction with a Contributing member.
He left me positive feedback in the trader ratings.

I have not renewed my paid membership at this time and can not leave him positive feedback in the trader ratings.

That just seems bass ackwards to me.

I am able to be left positive feedback, and receive trader rating points as a non contributing member.
The contributing member, that paid his dues is not able to get the credit that he deserves for our transaction.

On a whole nother' subject:
Has anyone else noticed that Chris@TSE still has the #4 all time leading trader rating?

The trader rating system could be improved, IMO.
(Especially if the BOI goes away.)
If the boi doesnt get dissolved,most people are ok with a goid guy post in the boi. Thats how half of my customers use since not being a paid member. And easy to look up.

Old 10-16-2013, 06:09 PM   #38
Abish
I just re-subbed today. I have some snakes I am expecting next week and I'd like to leave feedback/ratings then. My PayPal info matches my account as far as name, but my location has changed by 15 miles. No rush, but I'll let you know if it doesn't kick in by next week.

Old 03-26-2015, 07:44 PM   #39
Fanfootgod@aol.com
I agree with RJK it would be great if something could be done with the trader ratings.
I have done three deals with other members on the site and we all are in the same boat.
All three deals went smooth and everyone was satisfied with the deals.
But its a big secret
Love to see some change in the future to what we have in place.
Love the site I am on it every day as I am sure most of you are.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:38 PM   #40
WebSlave
This has been a long simmering issue here, and quite frankly I've about had my fill of answering the same questions with the same answers.

So here's the deal. Yes, I can open up the Trader's Ratings to all members, paying or not. But anything anyone enters there will be set in stone. None of the staff here will listen to, much less act on, ANY complaints from anyone about what sort of rating they applied to anyone, or had anyone apply to them. It will be what it will be, warts and all. When I get a chance, I'll set up a poll for this and that will tell me where you all want the chips to lie. Then when someone complains, we will simply provide them with a link to that poll and leave it at that.

And no, I am not inclined to pay for some complicated custom programming to be put into place there. The Trader's Ratings module is already a custom coding job that I had to pay for to have it implemented in the first place. So what you see now is the way it will remain except for ANYONE, bogus registrations and all, to vote on YOUR rating.

I'll put a link to the poll in this thread for interested parties to locate easier. I will spell out there as many of the caveats that I can think of so people will hopefully fully understand what they are voting on.

So be careful about what you wish for.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!