What morph is he? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-05-2019, 04:25 AM   #11
Fizzthegecko
I rescued him from a mom and pop pet store. They have no idea about them, not even the age or sex. They said they got him from a local that could no longer keep him. It is very possible he is any of the morphs I have listed above. I have found pictures very similar to those morphs that he looks like. I have yet to find a ‘normal’ That he looks like. Unless you want to show me a normal he looks like then I will continue to say he’s not a normal.

Old 09-05-2019, 06:33 AM   #12
Fizzthegecko
Until someone shows me a picture of a ‘normal’ that looks like him I won’t consider him a normal. Because I have yet to find one.

Old 09-05-2019, 12:04 PM   #13
AbsoluteApril
Did you just recently get it? It kind of looks like in shed?

Edit to add - in a lot of animals 'normal' is highly variable. Just because you haven't seen photos doesn't mean it can't be so - most people take photos of their best looking animals.
My leo experience is very limited but my first guess upon seeing the photos was a dark normal.

Old 09-05-2019, 01:40 PM   #14
nickolasanastasiou
Normal.

Old 09-05-2019, 03:59 PM   #15
elena
If he was a high end morph, why would his previous owner have given him away instead of selling him? I have seen plenty of normals that look like him. You asked the question, it has been answered by multiple people.

Old 09-05-2019, 07:12 PM   #16
AbsoluteApril
Cameron, here are a few darker normals I found in an image search, might help?

If you really truly believe yours is not a normal, the only way to know would be by breeding it out.

https://theleopardgecko.org/wild-normal-leopard-gecko/
http://www.thegeckospot.net/faq.php (2nd photo)
https://www.reddit.com/r/leopardgeck..._ago_and_i_do/

Old 09-06-2019, 02:07 AM   #17
Fizzthegecko
AbsoluteApril, the only picture he looks like that you posted is the last one. And still the coloration is off and his tail is not the same. And there is nothing saying that leo is a normal. He was asking if it was normal for him not to eat in 2 days.

Old 09-06-2019, 02:10 AM   #18
Fizzthegecko
Yes I recently got him. And he just turned gray yesterday and shed today. I haven’t seen him since he has shed because I left him alone in his hide .

Old 09-06-2019, 06:24 AM   #19
Beyond GenetiX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzthegecko View Post
Until someone shows me a picture of a ‘normal’ that looks like him I won’t consider him a normal. Because I have yet to find one.
What was your goal of this post?

Old 09-06-2019, 10:13 AM   #20
sschind
Quote:
Originally Posted by elena View Post
If he was a high end morph, why would his previous owner have given him away instead of selling him? I have seen plenty of normals that look like him. You asked the question, it has been answered by multiple people.
When I had my store I had people give me morphs that were worth a bit of money. Nothing like a $2000 leopard gecko but pastel balls (when they were actually worth more than normals ) Corns beyond the albino, anery, snow types. A collection of ball pythons that had several that were supposedly het for pied and albino and the like so it does happen. Sometimes people just have to get rid of their animals. On the balls I had no proof but he was just giving hem to me for nothing so he really gained nothing by lying to me. I sold them all off as normals.

But I digress. My first thought on the LG in question was a dark normal as well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
leopard gecko