Need Some Help With Pricing for a T+ Albino Nic - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-25-2018, 04:08 PM   #1
jamesa2580
Need Some Help With Pricing for a T+ Albino Nic

I've been out of the locality boa game for several years and would love some help/insight on correctly pricing a Nicaraguan T+ Albino Boa (male).

In short, I needed a cage for my female SD Retic. I got a great deal on a Boaphile 422D from a local seller. The catch was that he wouldn't sell the cage without selling the snake, so I bought both. I'm on the fence as to whether or not I'm going to keep the snake. He's pretty awesome looking and puppy dog tame (I know - rare for a nic). He's 2 years old and has been probed and is confirmed to be male. If I keep him, he'd just be a pet. I did some research but didn't find much in the way of current pricing/value.

If any of you CA Boa experts would be so kind as to offer some pricing guidance, I'd greatly appreciate it! I've attached a couple pics I just snapped (one under natural light and the others by the CFL light in my reptile room), but as you can see, he's in shed. Looking forward to seeing what he looks like post-shed. The guy I got him from told me he looks stunning with lots of cool orange/pink on his sides.

Thanks in advance!
Jim
Attached Images

Old 10-25-2018, 06:20 PM   #2
JCCS
I'm not sure on pricing for an adult, but that's not just an albino. That appears to be a T+ sunglow.

Old 10-25-2018, 08:58 PM   #3
jamesa2580
Thanks. I thought the same thing when I first saw him, but not being a CA aficionado, I wasn't sure.

Old 10-25-2018, 10:28 PM   #4
elena
I agree with the sunglow ID, and a beautiful sunglow like him, and close to breeding age, should command at least $250 if not more. Personally though, I'd keep him for breeding if you can find a nice female to go with him.

Old 10-26-2018, 09:40 AM   #5
jamesa2580
Thanks, Elena! I think I'm definitely going to hang on to him over the winter and then decide what to do in the spring. I reached out to Mike at Basically Boas and he said there's not a lot of interest in the market (currently) for these guys, so he thought if I got $300-$350, I'd have done well. Your $250 estimate is right in line with his, so I feel confident in at least now having a good range to work within ($250-$350)

As far as breeding, I'm not sure. If demand is low, I'd rather just keep him as a pet for now and do some research over the winter to see what's possible to produce, etc.

Thanks so much for your insight. Much appreciated!!

Jim

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!