Good Guy Good guy Ty Park - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-07-2018, 01:20 PM   #11
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keven2 View Post
I paid 450 shipped for one and 550 shipped for the other.
I'm surprised you paid for shipped animals, aren't Punta Gorda and Cape Coral only about 30 miles apart?

Old 06-07-2018, 01:27 PM   #12
Lonepanda
You would be the person to make this thread.

Old 06-07-2018, 01:32 PM   #13
Keven2
I was just sitting holding my Rhino Iguanas and was feeling very grateful for them and just wanted to share my experience. I see so much negative on here I felt it would be nice to share my positive experience. Something nice that was done instead of a negative thread! It's not every day someone gives a person a 500.00 reptile with no strings attached. I don't know what kept me from telling this story before and I don't know why I felt compelled to tell it now but no matter what has been said about Ty this is how he treated me and I feel like he deserves this positive thread! So I guess the simple answer is I don't know why I chose to tell what happened until now. It just came to me!

Old 06-07-2018, 01:35 PM   #14
Keven2
My son just got out Of the hospital and was bed ridden I could not leave to go pick them up.

Old 06-07-2018, 03:11 PM   #15
Skinker
Quote:
We had them for about 2 months and we were holding them every day. It was Christmas day and we were at my family's all day. We got home about 6pm I went to reach in to get my rhino and it had a seizure and died right there in front of me! I was in total disbelief. I was absolutely devastated. Well the next day i called Ty to let him know what happened and to tell him I wanted another
Do you know what caused the seizure/death of your iguana? Did Ty ask for further details and offer any insight? As great as the gesture was, getting to the root of the problem would be foremost in my mind in this scenario whether I put myself in the shoes of the buyer or the seller.

Old 06-07-2018, 04:51 PM   #16
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post

Exactly how long ago was your purchase?
I am still curious.

Old 06-07-2018, 05:43 PM   #17
Keven2
I had a lot on my plate my son just coming out of a coma I was more worried about him at the time then what happened to my rhino. With all that was going on then the rhino passing I guess it never crossed my mind as to why. When Ty sent me a new one I was actually at the end of my rope! It had been one bad thing after another and anyone that has kids knows when something happens that's horrible to them it consumes your every thought. This is the last comment im leaving cause this is just becoming to much. Ty did not know it but him doing what he did at that point in time gave me a little happiness in a very hard time. I'm not going into detail what happened to my son and I'm done commenting on this thread. Just sometimes things happen for whatever reason that can make you feel better when your hurting the worst and that's what happened here!

Old 06-07-2018, 06:13 PM   #18
Chris Kennard
If I had a child who was in a coma, I would certainly be too consumed to purchase expensive iguanas. Just sayin'.

Old 06-07-2018, 06:40 PM   #19
Snake-Queen
Well, since you won't answer my question, I am left to assume your review is not exactly as it seems to be.

I agree with Chris, if my son was in a coma, the last thing on my mind would be acquiring a new animal(s) that require a lot of attention. [I have 4 sons, so I know that for a fact, I wouldn't be purchasing any animal.] Not to mention, no matter how good the insurance is, there is always money left to be paid.

Not commenting further is a good idea, cause you keep adding things that create holes.

Old 06-07-2018, 06:53 PM   #20
Skinker
Quote:
I had a lot on my plate my son just coming out of a coma I was more worried about him at the time then what happened to my rhino. With all that was going on then the rhino passing I guess it never crossed my mind as to why.
It all just seems a bit backwards to me, Keven. I don't know anybody who'd lose a beloved pet and the next day contact a seller about getting another one without at least questioning the cause of death. While we're on this line of reasoning, what kind of seller doesn't ask what happened to the one they originally sent before graciously offering a free replacement? I'm not trying to ruin a happy memory during apparently tough times but you opened this can of worms and something smells fishy.

I've also received kind gestures from folks who later turned to the dark side. Bobby Hill(Varnyard) replaced a tegu that was stolen from my property with not just 1 but 2 new babies the following season. I praised him to the moon and back and recommended him to many potential customers. Once things fell apart, while I'm still grateful on a personal level, I never again pointed anybody in his direction looking to buy an animal and certainly ceased all praise singing. While he always did right(and beyond) by me, he ripped off other people and I refuse to support that kind of behavior. Have you read the linked thread about Ty Park, Keven? If so, do you still think he merits your original post with the crap he's currently pulling on Michelle?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!