Albino Ball Python Died!! - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-28-2003, 08:46 PM   #111
Ken Harbart
Adam, the link to Will's forum outburst actually does nothing to support your case. What it does show is that Will Slough was upset that the price of hatchling spider balls dropped from one year to the next. Well, that's typically the way the market works. It's not often that a relatively new morph holds the same market value from one year to the next.

Old 01-28-2003, 08:46 PM   #112
HerpVenue
Feed card-
I have to be fair and address teh issue of the feed card.

I do not know if the feed card is from nerd.

But I can at least tell that the hadwriting of the first set of numbers do differ from the second set of numbers.

sorry so many responces.....trying to play Devil's advocate and get to the truth no matter who "wins" or "loses"

Okay what about the statement on the genetic issue....
I did not know that a certain look on the albino consituted a much less desirable gene(weaker gene) Can you elaborate? I would certainly like to learn more. Is the faded albino gene a less "healthier" gene than the high contrast? or vice versa?

Old 01-28-2003, 08:54 PM   #113
Adam Block
Quote:
trying to play Devil's advocate and get to the truth no matter who "wins" or "loses"
It's easy to tell from all the questions you're asking Kevin to answer. Playing devil's advocate means looking at the side that others aren't. Why don't you stop assuming everything I've posted is wrong and address if in fact it is true and ask Kevin a few questions. You see a feed card from Kevin and you assume it's not from NERD? Why don't you address if in fact it is and Kevin does go a month without feeding his snakes! That's absurd!!!

Adam Block

Old 01-28-2003, 08:57 PM   #114
evansnakes
Adam, my confusion came from a simple flaw in your argument. This board is about posting facts and you did not post the main fact that this board is for, the name of the dealer/breeder the animal came from. Now that I know who it came from I know that my comment does not apply to this animal. Simple. If you actually dealt in facts instead of crap I would not have even said that. How about you respond to the pile of valid points that I made instead of splitting hairs like a sleazy attorney. Evan Stahl

Old 01-28-2003, 08:58 PM   #115
CheriS
I think Adam clarified that the 8/02 hatch and show was 8th month, 02 YEAR and then he got the snake 3 days later and confused year for day in the 8/05 post, meaning 3 days later he had it in hand. So thats like around 8/20/02-8/21/02 since the show was 8/17/02- 8/18/02.

No one still has answered: How old was this snake when taken 1200 miles, spent two days on display at a show and then taken 2000 miles????

This tiptoes around it but does not answer it
Quote:
The clutch had hatched out prior to the show and had shed and began feeding, this period is typically at least 4 weeks before they understand what food is and begin to act like they understand what life is all about. All of the animals were feeding and fine when I brought them to the show, this fact is simple.
Can we have a hatch date?

Was this a two month old snake or a few days old? Only the breeder can answer that for sure and THAT is a factor to me, and probably was to the baby snake! The only reason I can see for avoiding answering it is IT WAS TOO YOUNG and SOMEONE knows that was not right!

Please, a hatch date and what age was the buyer told?

Old 01-28-2003, 10:58 PM   #116
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Necropsy report

Adam,

I and others are still waiting to see the Necropsy report as well. Please post it so we can see the diagnosis ourselves.

Old 01-28-2003, 11:19 PM   #117
HerpVenue
fine I will play.
Kevin...did it really take you a month to feed that snake?
Why?
Was there a reason?
Did you forget to just enter in a date?
Or do you just routinely not feed for a month?

Adam....tell me again why it was you posted Will's arguement about prices? What does it prove? Or is that a hint of you wanting to compain about other people's prices................AGAIN
Quote:
8/02 My partner purchased an Albino ball python at the Daytona Show. This snake was born the same month of the show, something not mentioned at the time and only recently brought to my attention.
Okay...so who brought it to your attention? Did your partener or did Kevin?
Because if your partner brought it up.....then he knew the snake was just a few days old. Kevin in my opinion is wrong for selling a snake that is to young. Your friend is dumb for buying a snake that is to young then crying about it. Personally...before buying a baby snake...I like to ask when it was born.....how many times it has eaten....and how many times it has shed. I do not have the experience that you and your friend have as you stated. But I am usually smart enough to ask the necessary questions to make an inteligent purchase.

Kevin is wrong if he really sold an unhealthy het for ghost or whatever. But the guy is also dumb for not returning it. (just an opinion) If I do not like something....I return it.

Okay...in Kevin's defense. Maybe he has sold a ton of young snakes and only this one or two perished.

In the other people defense..........Maybe they knowingly bought a too young snake or knowingly accepted a too unhealthy snake because..................wait...I can't think of a defense

Quote:
I would like to keep this free of insinuations, insults, threats and allegations. I’m doing nothing more then looking for facts and have done my best to state facts as opposed to what I think
Quote:
I’m also not sure what if anything is due to me, as the animal did not die of a car issue but a genetic one.
These were taken from the same paragraph. I see insinuations and allegations.....anyone else see it? And how did you come to find out the animal died of a genetic issue? Did you do a genetic study? I did not know they did DNA studies on gout

Quote:
As for the trip, the snake was without water from the time of purchase to the time it got to AZ, remember my partner is a truck driver and did drive straight through (24-36 hours).
24 hours is a day...36 hours straight through is a day and a half. You did not recieve the snake until three days later. What did you guys do on the other day and a half?

Quote:
You're all assuming things. My intentions, Kevins, other people and that is going no place. Kevin is here, I am here and there is no reason to assume either of our intentions.
So your intention is not to get a refund? What was that about a 65-35 split?
So your intention is to just gather facts? and not insinuate?
What was that about your reptile dying of genetics......also it has been four months and you have only gotten a hold of one other "breeder" who accepted an animal the he thought was unhealthy and failed to return said animal. It has been about six months since the your animal was purchased.............geez

Quote:
Because of this I felt it odd that this breeder has had two well feeding snakes (As hardy as ball pythons) just up and die over the course of a couple of days without any warning.
Please tell me that was a typo and not you trying to be mr sheep dog feeding false information to us sheep.

Old 01-28-2003, 11:20 PM   #118
HerpVenue
Forget the necropsy report.
What I want to see is the genetics report.
After all Adam claims his python died of a genetics issue

Old 01-28-2003, 11:53 PM   #119
Adam Block
I've just gotten done looking at ten pages of posts. I have yet to see where I've said the snake died of a genetic issue? It died of gout, the cause of that is unknown unless you know something I don't.

At the show, there were roughly 60 snakes bought from:

B.H.B.
Pro Exotics
Dragon Herp
Peter Kahl
Rich Ihle
Ben Siegel
And a few others.

You won't find me saying nothing but GREAT THINGS about all of their animals. The purchase from NERD was small and if I were going to pick one to complain about for any other reason then there was truly an issue it wouldn't have been NERD.

Kevin is the only person with these rumors floating around and he is the only one who can but for whatever reason won't dismiss them. I think the reason is that he knows what will happen if he goes on record saying much of anything there is proof of that shows something else.

Either way, I don't care one way or the other. Kevin doesn't like the way this post is going and won't address the questions in here. It's enough for me and Kevin to know why and leave it at that for me.

With regard to Will Slough. It's my understanding when he bought the snake Kevin told him he would not drop the price. Many times the good breeder who set the market on a snake will let his customers recoup their money and let them set the price drops.

Much the reason Rainwater got so much crap for dropping the market from $10k to $5k on the albino geckos. Kevin’s reason for doing this when he told Will he wouldn't?

Quote:
I have one problem, I need money, the price has to come down at some point.
My question is that if Kevin is motivated to do things based on money are you saying he isn't willing to sell a 2-week-old snake before it should be sold because he needs money?

Kevin said the snake was eating great and in good health. I don't see who based on Kevin’s words he can say the snake was eating great as it wasn't old enough to establish that.

Kevin will not give a date of birth on that clutch even though he keeps such good records. If you want to know why it's because he know it will make him look bad if he does and if he lies he knows I can prove it

Adam Block

Old 01-29-2003, 12:59 AM   #120
CheriS
Adam, you did say that in your very first post, I did not understand it at the time and thought you either mistyped something or I also thought you were leaning toward it being a possbile genetic issue without knowing about the info on gout killing young snakes that are stressed and not hydrated or in proper temps.

I am not saying that was the case with this snake, its just common sense with the age and knowing what it is like to pack for and attend shows.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!