Bad Guy Bill Cagle ripped me off! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:17 AM   #11
Masonexotics
Surely if even two or three more people are owed what you're owed the group of you can drag him through court?

Old 05-07-2009, 07:38 AM   #12
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodie691 View Post
If he would just come forth with something. Money, animals, a phone call to let me know he even REMOTELY remembers owing me, then i would be inclined to come forth and apologize.
Apologize for what? Dude, get rid of that mindset.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:45 PM   #13
brodie691
Ok so this is going to sound really strange, as it completely blew me away!
Last night i was on my way to this girls house to hang out and had the nashville rock station on the radio. Well they started Taking calls to win Metallica tickets for the concert in September. Wanna guess who the winning caller was???
You guessed right! The DJ asked who was calling, the voice on the phone said "Bill Cagle, Monteagle TN".
I, if i am correct, remember that this is where he lives. Cannot say for certain it was him, but the voice was SO familiar. It blew me away! If it was him, and i am fairly certain it was, then that in itself proves to me he has access to a phone. Damn Shame if so!

matthew watkins

Old 05-07-2009, 12:47 PM   #14
brodie691
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
Apologize for what? Dude, get rid of that mindset.
Yeah i know, i really owe him No apology. I just am a nice guy and hate tarnishing ANYONE'S reputation, so feel somewhat guilty even after the fact he has done this to me.
I just don't want to see anyone else get suckered into this and get taken.
These kind of posts make me sick to be involved in, but the truth had to come out as this happened at the show last May. I think a year is an ample amount of time for someone to either contact you and make things right, or at the very least let you know that they have not forgot you.

matthew watkins

Old 05-07-2009, 03:49 PM   #15
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodie691 View Post
Yeah i know, i really owe him No apology. I just am a nice guy and hate tarnishing ANYONE'S reputation, so feel somewhat guilty even after the fact he has done this to me.
I just don't want to see anyone else get suckered into this and get taken.
These kind of posts make me sick to be involved in, but the truth had to come out as this happened at the show last May. I think a year is an ample amount of time for someone to either contact you and make things right, or at the very least let you know that they have not forgot you.

matthew watkins
Ripping off a false veneer to show people what the true color is underneath cannot be classified as "tarnishing their reputation", in my opinion. If the truth displays a less than favorable picture of a person, then whose fault is that?

Old 05-07-2009, 05:50 PM   #16
brodie691
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Ripping off a false veneer to show people what the true color is underneath cannot be classified as "tarnishing their reputation", in my opinion. If the truth displays a less than favorable picture of a person, then whose fault is that?
You're right Rich. I just think at times i give people too much credit, and at other times not enough. In this case i suppose since i do feel a bit "sorry" for the guy in a way, i am giving far too much credit.
I suppose i should just call outright a spade, a spade!

Matthew Watkins

Old 05-07-2009, 06:08 PM   #17
Lucille
Matthew-

It was brought to my attention by someone I respect, that perhaps I should have toned myself down a bit with all those questions. Sorry. I'm hoping you get together with those other guys you said had also had some problems, and maybe get this resolved.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:28 PM   #18
Wolfy-hound
Of course you're irritable, you were ripped off. Just remember, the BOI is never on the side of the scammer. We want to help you get your money if at all possible.
Since you have his name and city he lives in, can you search for more information that way? Search for a phone number under his name, a address to send a letter to? Anything? If he vended at the Birmingham Show, could they have personal contact information they got from him in order for him to have a table?
With the internets and all, very few people manage to stay totally anonymous.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:23 PM   #19
TriangleReptiles
Was there no paper and pens available at the show? Why didn't you at least scribble down an agreement and sign it and have it witnessed when the transaction took place? That document could have saved you a ton of trouble. Hopefully, you learned a lessen. Good luck in this.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:17 PM   #20
brodie691
Just wanted to let everyone know that Bill Cagle called me several months ago promising to make this right, and has still YET to do anything... Common thief...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!