Head bob and wave between beardies - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-15-2013, 11:25 AM   #1
waddlecaudle
Head bob and wave between beardies

So I know beardies have some distinct body language but I didn't realize how much so. My little girl started waving for the first time today and the second my big guy saw it from his enclosure the bobbing started. She stops he stops, she starts he starts. Is this a sign of submission for social status by the girl or are they flirting :P

Old 02-16-2013, 08:32 PM   #2
DeMeNtEdDoGz
Will see alot of back and forth between male and female. Its best not to have males/ females visible to each other, can stress them out. Waving is more of a sign of submission from the females, males head bobbing is there sign of dominance, usually followed by the male latching on the females neck and mating initiation. When they start to circle each other, thats when you have a problem

Old 02-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #3
waddlecaudle
Thanks for the info. They normally aren't in site each other. I am in the middle of the move and had temporarily moved the little ones enclosure. That is why I haven't even had an opportunity to see it before :P I knew the gestures meant dominance and submission but I didn't know if it was mainly for breeding purposes or what. Do females bob? I know I have seen males wave.

Old 03-02-2013, 03:21 AM   #4
DeMeNtEdDoGz
Quote:
Originally Posted by waddlecaudle View Post
Do females bob? I know I have seen males wave.
Yes females will bob too. I have one larger girl right now who will head bob to any male smaller then her, throw her in with a larger male and she shuts right up :-p

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!