No Pieds again this year - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-25-2007, 11:37 AM   #1
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Unhappy No Pieds again this year

Well~ no pieds for me again this year. The hets bred this year~ and the male finally threw his first clutch off a normal female this year~ but the het female is just not gravid. I didn't think she was~ but I kept hoping I was mistaken. I saw them breeding this year! Several times! The female shed on 4-28~ but I never saw ovulation and I could not feel any eggs in her. I was still holding out hope~ but she went ahead and ate a F/T rat last night. Not gravid. I'm so disappointed. Thats three years in a row trying to breed this pair. I've finally got some 50% het eggs off the male to a normal female......but nothing from the het female.

I will be getting a lot of 50% hets this year~ between my two het males I've got 4 clutches of 50% hets cooking, maybe a couple more coming. But somehow~ back in 03' when I spent all that money on 02' het pieds I didn't see myself looking at my first clutches of 50% hets and no pieds at all in 07'.

Maybe next year....... (I'm getting tired of saying that)
Next year I will be trying with TWO het females.

On the bright side~ one of my normal females bred to my albino dropped me 6 FAT eggs that are going to be 100% het albino this morning. That brings it to 9 clutches so far this year~ 4 off the het pied males, 3 off the pastel male and 2 off the albino male.
Attached Images

Old 05-25-2007, 12:05 PM   #2
TripleMoonsExotic
Sorry to hear about the string of bad luck, Cheryl...

Old 05-25-2007, 12:18 PM   #3
Bill & Amy
Sorry Cheryl, that sucks!! Oh I hope I get some good eggs from my het pied girl. She should be laying in 2 weeks.

Old 05-25-2007, 12:53 PM   #4
LadyOhh
It's alright, Cheryl!!!

Old 05-25-2007, 12:55 PM   #5
Miss Tuniwha
CHERYL!!! NOOOOoooooo ... I am so sorry to hear. You WILL have better luck next year. why? cuz I say so

Old 05-25-2007, 01:51 PM   #6
Melinda
We need to make up a club for people that just can't hit the odds or get their girls knocked up. We can call it the "Better luck next year" club.

Seriously, I'm sorry your breedings aren't what you wish them to be.

Old 05-25-2007, 01:58 PM   #7
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic
Sorry to hear about the string of bad luck, Cheryl...
Thanks Stephanie~ I actually just got some unrelated good news though so I feel a lot better (karma balance maybe?) ~ I'll post it at the bottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Amy
Sorry Cheryl, that sucks!! Oh I hope I get some good eggs from my het pied girl. She should be laying in 2 weeks.
Bill~ I think I hate you
(Kididng~ I hope you get good eggs~ show us when you do!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyOhh
It's alright, Cheryl!!!
Heather~ I KNOW I hate you! You've got your pied so of course it's "alright"! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tuniwha
CHERYL!!! NOOOOoooooo ... I am so sorry to hear. You WILL have better luck next year. why? cuz I say so
Brandi~ thanks. I hope I'll have better luck next year too.......but I'm getting mighty tired of counting on next year

On the positive side....I just got off the phone with the relocation manager for our move. Looks like I may be staying here a bit longer than we thought (Aug or Sept maybe?) but.......
get this.......
I knew Boeing was going to foot the bill for moving my furniture, closing costs on selling this house and buying a new one, travel expenses and temp housing when we get there.....Great deal~ great benefits.....

BUT get this....I never even guessed they would do this~ and when I read it in the relocation handbook I thought I must be reading it wrong......but they just confirmed it........

This is a BIG DEAL!

THEY (Boeing) are going to pay the Realtor commission! WOO HOO! Thats on average 6%! That doesn't sound like such a big deal......until you think about housing values in CA. That 6% will be about 36 THOUSAND dollars in equity I NEVER thought I would be allowed to keep! Wow! Woo Hoo!!!!! I'm defiantly going through their "program" and jumping through any hoops they want if they are going to pay that commission!!

Old 05-25-2007, 02:05 PM   #8
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda
We need to make up a club for people that just can't hit the odds or get their girls knocked up. We can call it the "Better luck next year" club.

Seriously, I'm sorry your breedings aren't what you wish them to be.
Your right~ we should go buy party hats the say "better luck next year" on them! LOL!

Old 05-25-2007, 02:07 PM   #9
Miss Tuniwha
WOW Cheryl. You really got the good end of the deal! Keep jumping those hoops!!! Glad someone is. LOL

Old 05-25-2007, 02:38 PM   #10
LadyOhh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Heather~ I KNOW I hate you! You've got your pied so of course it's "alright"! LOL
And my offer still stands.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!