New Mountain Horned Dragon... questions. - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-01-2007, 11:33 PM   #61
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

Great that they are both gaining weight now! I am sure their stools are quite nasty, if they were loaded! This is definitely progress, for sure. It sounds like your MHD is feeling better if she is hissing & puffing her dewlap out some now. That is definitely a great sign if she is getting some of her attitude going now, fighting, etc. Yeah, now you can squirt food into her easier though! LOL
All of those worms sound fine no problem. That is an excellent variety for them both. The supers should not be fed to your beardie until she is 15-16 inches in length to avoid impactions. Your MHD should be ok with them.
I think that they are both on the right track now, & are gaining weight. You have been doing such a super job with them both.
I will give some thought to some names. They are both female, right?

Tracie

Old 09-02-2007, 09:41 AM   #62
bullfrog100000
Yup, both girls.
I wondered about the superworms and the beardie... the looked like really big mealworms which I know have that hard shell and aren't good.

Old 09-02-2007, 04:35 PM   #63
bullfrog100000
Yes, Yes,Yes!!!

The Mountain H.D. Ate crickets today on her own! And quite a few too!

I wish we didn't have to restart one of their med. Regimens again today. But I think if she's comfy enough to eat w/ us now she probably will continue to. Anyway.

I'll probably put this on the other post too since we've all been talking about all of it on all of them !! LOL.............So yippee!

Old 09-02-2007, 10:24 PM   #64
Drache613
Hello

Hello Gigi,

GREAT to hear! That is really really good news. I know that must have been so happy to see that.
Well, the meds must not be bothering her all that much though if she finally ate. That is awesome. Hopefully she is on the mend now.

Tracie

Old 09-03-2007, 11:46 PM   #65
Mad4You2
Excellent NEWS!

Hey Guys,

Absolutely wonderful that the MHD is eating on her own now!! That is great news.

Maybe you guys should name her after Pandora...maybe a little bit of her fighting spirit came through to your girl!

I just got back from our fishing trip to the Gulf of Mexico this weekend, we actually were fishing in the Bays but it was great fun. Zip on the keepers but I caught a sting ray and that was a first for me. Jeff got an eel...that was the first thing we caught on Saturday's outing.

I tried to check in over the weekend but I kept getting booted so I'm just now hearing your wonderful news about how well your girls are doing. Congratulations...the MHD will probably get pissed about the meds so look forward to some sulkiness. She might not eat for a couple of days since that will probably piss her off...but she'll give in and munch down those crickets again soon! Her gut is feeling better so she doesn't mind eating. I love it when they get an attitude again...means she's getting better! Keep up the good work!! =) Angie

This is

wierd but I just realized that my Jackson's are named Eldora and Pan...subliminal message from Pandora?

Old 09-04-2007, 08:02 AM   #66
bullfrog100000
Unfortunately she's eaten just that one time. We put waxworms in her cage last night and the crickets from the morning were still there. Gigi will see what all is gone later on this morning.
We have to feed today and the next couple days for the 3 day Albon continuation.
More later...

Old 09-05-2007, 02:54 PM   #67
Drache613
Hello

Hello Gigi,

Well, I hope that she is doing better today, did she eat anything on her own today yet?
Keep plugging. I am sure that the meds do bother her a bit, unfortunately. Poor girl, what a rough start she had. You are doing a great job!!

Tracie

Old 09-07-2007, 12:39 AM   #68
bullfrog100000
Eating?

Well I don't think she is yet . But I saw her drinking from her drip cup I made her when she thought I wasn't looking! And she has been easier to get the food and meds down. Tho I have been feeding a little less often to get her to eat on her own.
Do your MHD's eat every day, regularly?

Well they both still weigh the same,she hasn't lost any over the few days I've cut down on her feedings.. G.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:29 PM   #69
bullfrog100000
Weighed her this morning... she'd actually gone down, from 74 g to 72 g.

Old 09-07-2007, 11:29 PM   #70
Mad4You2
MHD eating habits

Hi...just saw the post about daily eating...the babies eat several times a day. I usually give them two bowls of Phoenix worms every day. The adults used to eat every day...usually 1-2 nightcrawlers/earthworms or 3-4 crickets or 2-3 giant mealworms/superworms then they slowed down to where they eat every other or every two days and Bruja was eating every day because she's gravid. She's slowed down now and seems to be considering where she's going to start digging. I would say that they eat every day until they are older...I don't know how old the WC are but 2Toe is about 2 now. The WC ate voraciously when I first got them because I think they were starving.

She may have dropped weight because of the meds working and moving everything out of her gut including the parasites. Mine usually go up and down in weight within about 5 grams.

I've noticed that mine are getting down running around the cage but it's when I'm gone...I can come in and they will be down running around and it's like...dang! she caught us moving!

All you can do is keep trying....Angie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!