New Mountain Horned Dragon... questions. - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-21-2007, 06:56 PM   #81
Mad4You2
Man, I'm sorry to hear that. Sometimes it is really hard to acclimate the WC ones. It's especially awful after you've tried and tried and nothing you do seems to help. If you guys want to try with one again, get a CB. I know one breeder that still had juvies, I think. PM me if you want that information and I'll put you in touch. We've got 2 incubators full of eggs right now but it'll probably just under a year before they are ready to re-home...if they hatch...don't want to count my horns before they come out! I'm so sorry for your loss. Take care...Angie

Old 12-22-2007, 02:19 AM   #82
bullfrog100000
hey, thanks. I don't know if we will rush to get another real soon. We really did like her though, It was really sad we were pretty attached to her. I think we both would eventually like another MH. though i also think we both really like those super cute red horned ,diablo babies when we do. but for now we have plenty to do. two beardy's,two frogs, 2 emerald swifts, ( a rescue ) they have to have a special bath every day for awhile, etc. ,4 ball pythons, bunches of breeder rats, just had three new litters this week = 30 plus babies. the local pet store will trade for them. they like hand raised to sell for pets instead of just feeder's. We like the rats they're very smart. anyway its too cold here right now to bury "montana" (mh). So she's in the freezer. Supposed to have a blizzard tomorrow. Yippee... Anyway thanks again for your kind words. G

Old 12-22-2007, 04:45 AM   #83
Mad4You2
Hey...whenever you guys get ready - let me know...one of those supercute babies or sibs from another clutch would be willing to relocate to someone I know will take really great care of him/her! Take care and have a great holiday! Happy Yule everyone!

Old 12-24-2007, 11:37 AM   #84
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

Oh I am so sorry about your loss. :-(( You tried so hard, it was definitely nothing you did, hon. Geez, that is so sad. She had a good life with you though. I highly recommend no wild caught one again. It just was not your fault though, so don't blame yourself. You did awesome with her! She wouldn't have lasted nearly that long without you!

Sorry for your loss so close to the holidays.

Tracie

Old 12-26-2007, 01:21 AM   #85
bullfrog100000
Thanks Tracie,
ya sucked. Kinda hard not thinking there must have been something else we could have done, but we also know we really tried. She just didn't seem to care the last month or so. I don't know what changed from the time she seemed to be doing so good sitting on us eating etc, to just not doing any of it at all. Several trips to the vet with no real findings. Fecals OK etc..We had her in a great set up ,she found lots of nice basking spots and a new waterfall, tons of vines and foliage etc. Who knows. I haven't cleaned and emptied her cage yet just kinda bugs me I guess. But I need to for the new rescues I guess. Their doing great, even w/ giving baths which they don't like daily. But they're in a 10 which seems big enough for them at the moment, they will get the bigger cage soon tho.. ( couple of Emerald Swifts) Cuties. We might still load some pictures here of her, just because. well G-night ,G..

Old 12-26-2007, 01:26 AM   #86
bullfrog100000
Hey Angie, Thanks for the vote of confidence w/ your babies! I know how well you care for them. We'll keep it on our future wish list. The little mountain really had some personality. Hope your Holidays are happy and healthy everybody! G....

Old 12-27-2007, 08:39 AM   #87
Drache613
Hello

Hello Gigi,

Yeah, that is rough, especially if she was doing so well prior to her passing. Her body must have just given out. You did the best you could do & that is all that matters. Try to focus on the good things. I know it is extremely difficult. I will be thinking about you & hoping you get through this well.
Happy holidays.
I would love to see pics of your emerald swifts.

Tracie

Old 10-28-2010, 12:58 PM   #88
squeakycheeks
my dragon is from a really shady careless petstore, i practically rescued him! but he is all torn up on his scales and is missing a horn, what can i do to help him rehabilitate without spending the money on a vet?

Old 11-02-2010, 01:20 AM   #89
Mad4You2
Hi,
There's a lot of care information on the MHD threads on here and if you do an internet search for mountain horned dragons you'll run across several other sites with care information.

If he's not eating I'd try a dry carnivore diet you mix with water - Fluker's makes one and you can usually pick that up at a chain pet store. You can also try nightcrawlers from a bait shop.

Keep the humidity and the temps up. Make sure you use a dripper or bubbler in the water bowl. I'd keep it about 85 with a basking area about 90 degrees. Put a mercury vapor UVB bulb about 12 inches from the highest basking spot (keep an eye on the temp)....treat any open wounds by cleaning and applying antibiotic ointment. Don't leave crickets or mealworms running around in the cage if he doesn't eat them.

Keep the humidity up.....drop the temp by turning off the lights at night, don't let it get under 65 - you might have to use a low watt red bulb or heat emitter at night.

Good luck.....Angie

Old 11-03-2010, 05:25 PM   #90
squeakycheeks
wow i came home today and my male laid a bunch of mentos looking eggs!!! im freaking outt and so suprised wat should i do? and do u hav pictures of eggs so i can believe my eyes?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!