Caiman lizards (dracaena guianensis). Does anybody keep them? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-14-2010, 01:30 PM   #11
WolfPaw
nice looking caimans, if you don't mind me asking where you got him from. He looks really active and healthy.

Also is that your quarintine cage? I noticed there was a "pool" or large water tub and i was just wondering.

Old 03-14-2010, 02:10 PM   #12
stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfPaw View Post
nice looking caimans, if you don't mind me asking where you got him from. He looks really active and healthy.

Also is that your quarintine cage? I noticed there was a "pool" or large water tub and i was just wondering.
He is another one I got from the Peru shipment that came in. Yes he is really active and very hand tame. Well I know for sure this one is a 100% male.

Yes, it is just 55 gallon tank to quarantine him in for a while. I used a plastic rectangular cake pan for a water bowl. I got it at wal mart for $5. It fits just right length wise inside the tank. I am going to put him in his own 125 gallon tank most likely this week.

Old 03-15-2010, 04:40 PM   #13
stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by s4sainz View Post
I've heard of many keepers feeding theese guys all sorts of stuff, but mine have all been picky eaters, and will only take clams, mazuri crocidilian diet, snails and salmon flavored cat food, but for the most part snails, its rather cheap to feed theese guys.
Ive been trying all sorts of different foods, that i hear they eat but no luck.
I just bought a bag of frozen smelt at the grocery store today to try and all 3of mine ate the hell out of it. They loved it.

Old 12-27-2010, 03:15 PM   #14
Robin Mazz
....have two subadults about 4 ft long..I feed them sardines , can of snails from zoo med and un frozen ground turkey..because of there age I usually feed twice a weakly, tops. I someimes also include raw egg, scallops and Mazquri chow for crocs and monitors...I have a water system that easily drains into theproperty next door Ifyou have any specific questions mail me at www.mazzeor@aol.com

Old 03-04-2011, 11:28 AM   #15
WolfPaw
Rabin, do you have any pictures of your sub adults? I finally took the plunge after getting a two year contract so i won't be moing for awhile. I love the little guy but i want to see what others look like now when they get older.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!