NEW LIZARD MOM...HOW AM I DOING SO FAR? HELP PLEASE? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-04-2011, 05:40 PM   #11
maggiemay1969
I have looked at some of the waterfalls, but none seemed to have good ratings as far as eas of keeping clean, and a lot of people said the pumps are weak or don't work well. I wil try to look for more options on that. I do have the big pool with the bubbling stone in it and I am constantly misting him w/spray bottle so that there are droplets on the leaves for him to drink. I've read that they get water that way a lot too. He has a great UVB light, and I use a heat lamp at times to keep the temp up around 75, as he seems to get a *little* more active if the temp goes up a few degrees....

I'm sorry to hear that your pair did not last. I am a bit nervouse about this fella. Have put so much effort and research and $$ into him at this point. Do you have any idea looking at mine how old he might be? I've found pics on here and he seems to be between juv and adult, but not sure.

Anyways, thanks for reading my post and giving me more to think about. I sure appreciate your time!

Old 02-14-2011, 03:38 PM   #12
maggiemay1969
Update on Ziggy....

He seems to be doing better. I have been taking him out and he likes to of course crawl up my arm and perch on top of my head when I am on the computer. He is still digging the waxworms most, still no interest in crickets, occasionally mealworm or superworm. Definitely drinking more. I have set him in his water several times and he will either dunk his head, or look all around and drink the droplets from when I mist his enclosure. So, definitely getting water now for sure. Also, is pooing just fine, usually after a soak and always near his water. Next up is his fecal. Oh, and the heat is so much steadier now after attatching a small heat pad to the lower left corner of his tank. Rare that I have to use his heat lamp at all anymore, keeps it a constant 75-80 now. Perfect! Now just have to get his fogger on a timer and build his waterfall and he should be one happy lil dude. Oh, also proud new 'mom' of two adopted Beardies (see other posts!) I am starting to become this crazy reptile lady I think. Housesitter is gonna love me!

Old 02-14-2011, 03:40 PM   #13
maggiemay1969
bump...

Old 02-15-2011, 01:03 AM   #14
SamanthaJane13
I'm glad to hear that your handsome boy is doing well!!

It sounds like you're getting quite an education from your new kids!!

Pretty soon, you'll be helping others deal with their questions about herps!

Old 02-15-2011, 01:24 AM   #15
SamanthaJane13
Sorry-duplicate post-

Old 02-15-2011, 03:19 AM   #16
maggiemay1969
Yah, I sure hope that eventually I can be of help to others. I like to do the research before I take on something new, and I have learned a TON on here. I think between my husband and I, we have read at least 10 books on our new pets. I read several forums all night long while at work too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaJane13 View Post
I'm glad to hear that your handsome boy is doing well!!

It sounds like you're getting quite an education from your new kids!!

Pretty soon, you'll be helping others deal with their questions about herps!

Old 02-15-2011, 09:06 AM   #17
trian
Hey maggie,

I also have a MHD I purchased about 2 months ago. I highly recommend to go to the vet for doing a fecal sample. I currently have the exo - terra waterfall, and also the turtle cliff. I think the turtle cliff is much better buy then the waterfall.

Reason why I hate the waterfall
Crickets get in behind where the cord from the pump is and they enjoy committing suicide in the water. Its really hard to clean which sucks.

The turtle cliff I just bought a week ago, I really like it cause its pump is strong and it has a filter on it. Looks really easy to clean also.

Your MHD is doing a little better then mine. Mine wont eat so I have to force feed her, She had parasites also. I finished the medication about 2 weeks ago and she looks alot better and moving around.

My setup is a little different then yours. I have a water substrate and she is always swimming around in it. Ill make a thread and post pictures of mine.

Good Luck if you need any info I can help you out.

Old 02-15-2011, 02:25 PM   #18
maggiemay1969
Hi Trevor!

Hey, that would be great, would love to see the habitat you have going on. Husband has talked about doing a water type of tank. Yeah, I read some not so good reviews on the exo-terra waterfall, but hadn't checked out the turtle cliff. I will definitely check that out!

Soon as he has his next poo, it's going to the nearest herp vet that I found. Already talked to them about the process and it's not very expensive here so am lucky. less than 40 bucks.

Thanks for your input, especially about the water situation. He seems to be doing much better, dunking his head in etc. But still think he should/could have more of an appetite etc.

Looking forward to your pics!
--Donna
,x nex
QUOTE=trian;1207546]Hey maggie,

I also have a MHD I purchased about 2 months ago. I highly recommend to go to the vet for doing a fecal sample. I currently have the exo - terra waterfall, and also the turtle cliff. I think the turtle cliff is much better buy then the waterfall.

Reason why I hate the waterfall
Crickets get in behind where the cord from the pump is and they enjoy committing suicide in the water. Its really hard to clean which sucks.

The turtle cliff I just bought a week ago, I really like it cause its pump is strong and it has a filter on it. Looks really easy to clean also.

Your MHD is doing a little better then mine. Mine wont eat so I have to force feed her, She had parasites also. I finished the medication about 2 weeks ago and she looks alot better and moving around.

My setup is a little different then yours. I have a water substrate and she is always swimming around in it. Ill make a thread and post pictures of mine.

Good Luck if you need any info I can help you out.[/quote]

Old 02-15-2011, 04:07 PM   #19
trian
This is my thread that I posted about my MHD
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=227082

Im uploading pictures as we speak. I went to the pet store today and saw some baby MHDs that were captive bred, i wanted to buy them but maybe later.

Old 02-15-2011, 04:34 PM   #20
trian
This is my thread that I posted about my MHD
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=227082

Im uploading pictures as we speak. I went to the pet store today and saw some baby MHDs that were captive bred, i wanted to buy them but maybe later.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!