NEW LIZARD MOM...HOW AM I DOING SO FAR? HELP PLEASE? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-10-2011, 12:20 PM   #31
trian
Yeah, she didn't go in a good way, wish it was more peaceful for her. try to keep the lizards weight on that is key. feeed it baby food if it doesnt eat worms.

Old 03-10-2011, 12:23 PM   #32
maggiemay1969
Yep...got the baby food and have mixed it with the electrolyte drink (gatorade) Have read of others having some luck in getting them back to eating etc. Keep your fingers crossed for us...I have a feeling though that it's just too late ;(

Old 03-10-2011, 12:23 PM   #33
trian
As long as you can feed her and she poops regularly that is really good she will come around. Problem with mine she threw up everything she ate. I miss her alot already. But id do it all over again just cause it was a good time.

Old 03-10-2011, 12:25 PM   #34
trian
If you want to know how mine went here is what happened. Just incase u see something similar

here is what i noticed before she passed.

Her eye sockets were deeper in her head then normal (so like imagine ur eye's are deeper in to your skull)
Her eyes would not move to any movement always stayed the same, never closed her eye lids either.
Her eyes had a weird glaze over them too
She threw up worms and there was some blood in her throw up
She didn't have any energy to even hold on my hand
She looked really skinny (i guess from throwing up)
She was doing a gag reflex every couple minutes but when i looked down her mouth there was nothing there.
I tried to put some water in her mouth but she didnt even swallow, tongue didn't move

Other then that her skin looked really nice, yesterday she was showing no symptoms at all. I was giving her exo terra drops and water and i put food her in terrarium (wax worms and butter worms)

Old 03-10-2011, 12:43 PM   #35
maggiemay1969
Ugh that sounds horrible! poor lil thing...

The only thing that sounds similiar w/Ziggy, is he is definitely thin (was to begin with though) Prefers to stay still, but I KNOW he can definitely move when he wants. Squiggles all over when we force feed, and will still crawl up to my head when I have him out on my arm at my desk etc...Loves to sit on my head for however long will let him. I soak him every day per the vet and he will often dunk his head and drink a lot, then leaps about 5-6 inches up to the branch overhead. No sunken eyes, will close them when needed or I dangle worms to close to his face.. and has never thrown up. Just is on a freakin hunger strike! Very few poops, but the last one was very normal looking and brought to the vet and she found the three types of worms, all of them treatable w/the panacur...next dose is this Monday so....I haven't lost hope, but am still worried a lot.

Again I'm very sorry you had to watch that with your girl. Especially after trying so very hard. They are cool little suckers, I can see why you might try it again...Can't say I wouldn't. They are so sweet...

Old 03-10-2011, 12:58 PM   #36
trian
Yeah it sucks she died in my hands basically. I was trying everything i could to help her but i knew i dont have the knowledge to figure out whats wrong and it was just to late for me to do anything at that point. My wife and I were crying trying to get to drink and do something.

Old 03-10-2011, 01:01 PM   #37
maggiemay1969
Awwww....heartbreaking...It's funny how attatched we get and how fast it happens....I know I am that way w/my dogs, and I feel quite attatched to my lil lizard now too...Haven't lost ALL hope quite yet..

I hope you guys find some peace in the fact that you really truly did do all that you could.

Old 03-10-2011, 01:20 PM   #38
trian
Yeah, but i still have 2 more mhds that are in great shape. Its just a shame to see mine go. I am planning on getting another lizard down the road in the near future. I dont know if it will be another MHD unless i found one captive bread. But i found a nice Australian water dragon thats captive bread and i know the person who takes care of it.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:03 PM   #39
maggiemay1969
Those chinese water dragons are so adorable, and gorgeous...Hubby seriously considered them before we got our bearded dragons...I've read some postings of those being kept in okay with horned dragons, but then I've read other posts that you shouldnt ever put two different species together. Not sure if this was what you might be planning or not, but probably good to double check on if you were.

If it gets a home like the other one you guys have created it will be a very lucky water dragon!...

If you get him, let me know and of course post some pics!...

Old 03-10-2011, 08:17 PM   #40
trian
Will do! Btw the new exo terra 36x18x36 is coming out on april 15 and its 300 dollars just to give you a heads up. Its a great terrarium for MHDs and if you ever plan to pick up some more of them they are great.

Of course ill keep posting picks i currently just re did my wife's terrarium. ill take pictures tomorrow.

Ill get a AWD because they are captive breads, even tho i love CWD a majority of them are wild caught. Unless i find one captive bread then maybe ill consider it.

Good luck with your Mhd, ill give you my email in a pm so if you ever want to email me questions ill help you out. Now to sit with my wife and watch American idol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!