Saharan Uro question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-04-2011, 09:23 AM   #1
UwabamiReptiles
Saharan Uro question

I was wondering if anybody had any experience with breeding a red saharan to a yellow saharan. Would you get a mix of average looking animals even if the parents were nice? Im just curious if anyone has crossed the two and what their results were. Thanks in advance.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:13 AM   #2
MDC_Ophiuchus
I attempted this a couple years ago, but was unsuccessful (the female would never lay in the nestbox).

I was told by Doug Dix of DeerFernFarms and Lindsey Pike of Urotopia that you would get a mixture of some red and some yellow.

Old 06-04-2011, 03:19 PM   #3
UwabamiReptiles
Thanks Michael, thats what I expected the outcome would be. I just wasn't sure if the mixing would make average looking babies instead of bright colored babies. It probably would depend heavily on how the parents looked.

Old 06-18-2011, 09:26 PM   #4
D Waffs
That saves me some space. I didn't want to breed too many Saharans because of all the imports, but I still wanted both colors. Just pair them together!

Old 06-18-2011, 10:01 PM   #5
MDC_Ophiuchus
Yeah, Lindsey said the key is giving them a HUGE nest box, despite their relatively small size. Something with a footprint of 18x18" approximately. I was offering them a men's shoebox tub and that was apparently too small.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!