Bad Guy PaigeGardinerJ1988 Typical scammer - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-07-2015, 02:09 PM   #1
hratchian
PaigeGardinerJ1988 Typical scammer

Avoid doing any business with PaigeGardinerJ1988 ; typical scam , Shows everything possible to be the Good guy , Smart with posts to cover up the scam. open ended delivery time blaming the weather conditions , buying herself time so you can not dispute via paypal.

just avoid the scum.

Old 01-07-2015, 03:43 PM   #2
hratchian
just avoid the scam.

Old 01-07-2015, 03:52 PM   #3
Billy1138
I appreciate your input and warning to deal with this individual. Can you post any evidence, I.e. coorespondence, email exchanges etc to support your claim? In the event it becomes disputed?

Old 01-07-2015, 04:08 PM   #4
cindy thomson
I don't know why people don't avoid all this nonsense. Pay with a credit card and the first excuse have your credit card company do a charge back. Anyone selling anything will jump through hoops to make a sale. If not just wait and buy from somebody else. Please don't bother with paypal disputes because the first thing paypal says is they don't cover ANY problems with live animals. Go right to your bank. Credit card fraud is illegal.

Old 01-07-2015, 04:13 PM   #5
Billy1138
That is great advice CIndy, but I don't have a credit card . That is why I use Paypal for online transactions. I am very leary to order online however after much of what I have read in the BOI. The few times I have purchased reptiles online to be shipped have fortunately worked out in my favor (as I knock on wood), but I continue to be cautious.

I would be interested in why other's use paypal over a credit card, but do not want to get this thread off topic at all. *Perhaps I can start a thread on this in an appropriate forum *

Old 01-07-2015, 04:26 PM   #6
Lucille
The OP did not open a dispute because of alleged seller excuses. But my advice is to go ahead and open a dispute when it gets near the deadline (45 days). That way the seller either has to ship or lose the case and refund.
There have been reports here of Paypal siding with the buyer when nothing was sent, even when the transaction was for a critter.

Old 01-07-2015, 04:47 PM   #7
hratchian
Most of the communication is via SMS i can post them if required , The moral of the story , Carefully read the post never agree on open end and ambiguous Delivery times.

Old 01-07-2015, 05:13 PM   #8
hratchian
Here is a capture of parts of the dialogue , Note the yellow conversation is the Seller.

On Dec 23 i was asked when i wanted them shipped, i informed her i prefer between dec 28- jan 1 I was talking about receiving the shipment .

On Dec 31 when i ask about the Lizard , she tells me but we talked about after jan. i correct her that i was expecting dec 28-jan2 and she agrees to send everything on monday.

so every few days she comes up with more delay , mean while i was receiving other shipments from different vendors no problems .
Attached Images

Old 01-07-2015, 05:31 PM   #9
Lucille
The seller says she lives in Pierce County WA, here are current temps
Attached Images

Old 01-07-2015, 05:34 PM   #10
hratchian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
The seller says she lives in Pierce County WA, here are current temps
So ??? I should wait till summer ?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!