Steps To Become Fedex Certified!!! - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 10-15-2005, 06:32 PM   #141
Shelby
They're really stopping the certification? What can a person who sells cheaper snakes (ie normal kings/milks) do?

I have been lurking here awhile.. I just e-mailed two of the reps that were recommended on this board (no response yet) but I was just going to get this started, and they stop offering it?

Are you sure it's true?

Old 10-15-2005, 06:43 PM   #142
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby
They're really stopping the certification? What can a person who sells cheaper snakes (ie normal kings/milks) do?

I have been lurking here awhile.. I just e-mailed two of the reps that were recommended on this board (no response yet) but I was just going to get this started, and they stop offering it?

Are you sure it's true?
April, I didn't see anything on their website about the certification being dropped. In fact, I just talked to my rep on Thursday and he didn't mention any changes in the system. I have gotten the impression that you'll get a different story from each different person you talk to though.

Have you set up an account yet? That's the first step, and you can do it online. After you have that set up and they mail you your little card thingy, then call and ask for your rep to call you back. When they do, let them know you want to ship live harmless reptiles, and that you'll be submitting a test package. After you get those results back, you'll have to fax a copy to your rep, who will (I think) forward it to the legal dept.

Old 10-15-2005, 09:04 PM   #143
carl3
Arrow

I bet your right....everyone is probably getting a different story. Someone may have just contacted the wrong person at FedEx who maybe didn't want to be bothered. I had no troubles getting approved and I dealt with a local FedEx sales agent that was new to the whole process. She was very accommodating and helpful. I've since shipped a few packages and had no problems at all. In fact, I informed the fedex sales rep about the BOI and suggested that their legal department check the BOI before giving final approval. It would be a shame if they approved someone that has proven time after time to be a true 'bad guy'. Paul pretty much described the process I went through except I didn't do anything related to the reptile shipping through the internet. I spoke with the same sales rep throughout the entire process to get approved. I had to register online to open a general account but it had nothing to do with 'live harmless reptile' shipping. I have a friend who will be attempting this process. I'll post an update once I hear how things go for him. Otherwise, I wouldn't 'assume' anything unless you try it and experience a problem firsthand. Oh...and if you call the 1-800#...just give them your zip code and ask them to give you the name of your local sales rep...DON'T MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT SHIPPING REPTILES....I was told 'NO, you can't do that' by a general customer service rep. AND another time I was transferred to their 'animal control dept' who only deals with zoos and horses. Only deal with your sales rep and you may be fine.

Old 10-15-2005, 09:28 PM   #144
Shelby
Thanks guys, that's reassuring.

I didn't know they would mail me anything just from registering online.. I just got the account that gives you 10% off all shipments. Is that all I'm supposed to do online?

Old 10-15-2005, 10:04 PM   #145
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby
Thanks guys, that's reassuring.

I didn't know they would mail me anything just from registering online.. I just got the account that gives you 10% off all shipments. Is that all I'm supposed to do online?
As far as getting certified goes, yes that's all you can do online. The rest of it is all playing phone tag and waiting. I believe that to receive the 10% discount, you have to prepare your shipments online instead of hand-writing the shipping lable at the FedEx counter. I'm not sure though, as I've never had to hand-write a lable. (Some of the FedEx reps aren't too sure either...)

Old 02-04-2006, 09:46 AM   #146
JnSinverts
Perhaps it's us, but shouldn't this be updated a little?

Just wondering.

Old 02-15-2006, 10:49 PM   #147
AJ reptiles
hello everybody...just wanted to thank those who got this ball rolling...would like to add this to the post...If you have any questions getting started call this number at FedEx 1-800-633-7019...menu option pick general package information ask for David...this is the guy you will be sending your test package to...David knows about this thread and told me he was the guy everybody needed to be talking to first....I went to the FedEx counter put my package together right there cost me $3.50...called David handed my phone to the clerk at the FedEx counter he told her what she needed to know...free to ship test package...free to return test package back to you when they finish...when you get test package results call this number 1-800-405-9052 this is the live animal desk...you need to send test results to them...they will send you the contract between you and FedEx for shipping live animals.... after that you should be good to go....these two numbers above is all you need to make it happen...no hassle...super easy...David can walk you through the whole deal...really nice guy...good luck...

Old 02-15-2006, 11:12 PM   #148
AJ reptiles
almost forgot...on the test package application... do not put your FedEx account number on the application....application goes on the outside of the box in plain view...if someone gets your number they can charge shipping to your account...not cool....

Old 02-15-2006, 11:23 PM   #149
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote
There was a case in San Francisco where the UPS delivery person turned in the recipient of the packages of live snakes to authorities. The recipient had most of his snakes confiscated and was arrested and fined.
Why were the reptiles confiscated, and for what was he arrested and fined for?

Old 02-20-2006, 05:46 PM   #150
Art Klass
Quote:
almost forgot...on the test package application... do not put your FedEx account number on the application....application goes on the outside of the box in plain view...if someone gets your number they can charge shipping to your account...not cool....
I spoke with David Arbeit from Packaging Design and Develpoment today and he asked me to post the following on this thread: Put your account number inside the test box. He also stated that the deli cup lid should be sealed with electrical tape to make it secure in order to obtain approval.

Good Luck, Art

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
fedex certification, fedex waiver