They do take long time... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds ŧ Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-16-2009, 05:08 AM   #1
MiqeMorbid
They do take long time...

The viperbabys that I am waiting for..

But I really think that they are coming soon because the notorious feeder a.k.a the yellowish V. a. ammodytes refused food at yesterdays feeding. A good sign..
She still looks like she ate recently, and she looks like she havenīt taken a dump since May..
I am going to enjoy to see what the small ones will look like, as the mom is yellowish / orangeish in colours and the male is the "Zokadelic"-male. I really, really hope that there is at least one female that looks "Zokadelic" too, so I can keep it for future breedings. Will probably keep a male or two too, if they are "Zokadelic"īs.

The gravid V. r. renardi female is hissing loudly and striking at me everytime I show my face now, but she did take a little mouse yesterday to my surprise.. Sheīs also very large now..
I have to keep at least 2.2 from these too, as the parents are very old, at least 10 years old, possible allmost 15.
She has also gone into shed now, so it shouldnīt take long before the babies are coming..
As far as I know, nobody have had young ones from this species in Sweden before. Can I be the first??
Good that I have lots of small crickets at home now, to feed the small ones with.

I have been trying to take decent pictures of the both gravid females, but itīs really hard, as they donīt show themselves as much as they usually do. Will continue trying though..

This week, or next, they will all arrive I think... Looking in the terrariums every day, up to three times now..

Hereīs a link to the thread in my forum, if you like to stay updated, as I am posting there before I do it here.. ( I hope that you donīt mind this crossposting of the link. ) http://www.terrariummorbidum.se/foru....php?f=4&t=904

Here is a picture of the mother to be:

V. r. renardi, Renardīs viper. Location: Probably Ukraine.

The proud dad..

These vipers are quite small, and their babys are only about 10 - 12 cmīs in length and 3 - 4 mmīs thick when born.

V. a. ammodytes, Long-nosed viper, female. Location: Kôrita, Bosnia.

..and her "husband".

"Zokadelic"-morph..

Old 08-31-2009, 02:09 PM   #2
Sajesk
They do take long time

The last time I posted here must be a very long time ago, but here I am.

There are so many spam posts in "Ray9 Hosting Requests", does nobody notice that? I do some reports of that.

I am trying to be active here in ray9 forum, but since there are few people posting, that wont be fun.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!