Michael Shaak @ Dragonmasterexotics (has anyone had this problem!) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-07-2008, 03:17 PM   #1
Reptigirl84
Question Michael Shaak @ Dragonmasterexotics (has anyone had this problem!)

Well I don't want to say bad things just yet since I am still waiting to see if I get my refund but I would warn everyone be to be careful! I sent him a paypal payment for 8 yearling cornsnakes on the 3rd. Now I did not get a chance to check my email tell the morning of the 5th when the snakes were going to arrive. I had a message from paypal saying my money was being refunded. Now i was TOTALLY confused when I checked and the package was on the way. He emailed me asking if there was a problem and why I had asked for a refund. At this point in time I hadn't asked for the refund and paypal said it was the SELLER who was issuing it. The snakes arrived on the 5th in a very well sealed Fed Ex box. In the box I found 3 styrofoam dishes with lids on them. All the lids had labels on them for the snakes I had ordered. The first one I opened was empty! I thought the snakes might have gotten out in the box. The second one I opened was empty too! The lids were still on these containers and the holes in the top were very small! Finally I opened the third container and there were two cornsnakes in there. One normal and one anery. He did not put anything in the container with them and they were VERY dirty from going poop in there. I pulled the crumpled up newspaper out of the box expecting to find the other snakes but they were not hiding in there anywhere! I had asked him to please place a cool pack in there since the temperature was over 90 outside but he didn't. I was told the snakes were yearling's and were eating rat pinkies. The anery yes could eat a VERY small rat pinkie but the normal was the size of a hatching! It was very lethargic when I pulled it out. I set them up right away in different cages. The normal did not make it 24 hours before it died. It was very weak. Now the seller is not really contacting me other then to say he shipped out 8 snakes. The money has left my bank account but I have not heard anything else about the refund! Now I am really confused because he issued me the refund on the same day I paid him. It was the day before he shipped the snakes. I am not sure what he is trying to do here. Has anyone had this happen before? What should I do!

Old 06-07-2008, 03:48 PM   #2
Cat_72
Wow, this is kind of confusing....let me see if I have it all straight-

-You sent payment for 8 specific YEARLING corns on 6/3
-On the day they were supposed to arrive, you got notice that a refund was being issued, but then tracking showed the snakes had been shipped
-The seller emailed you to ask why you had requested a refund, but you had not-no sort of dispute had been filed
-The package arrived on the 5th as well, with 2 empty deli cups and 1 with 2 small snakes in it (how was he going to pack 8 yearling corns in 3 deli cups?) but no packing in the cup, nor cool pack used
-Refund never arrived, and seller is refusing to cooperate

Do I have the facts straight?
Do you have the emails from the seller?
-Both snakes smaller than expected, one sickly and died

Old 06-07-2008, 03:50 PM   #3
Cat_72
Whoa, something went screwy with that last post.....stuff is posted out of order, weird....

Anyhoo, you get the jist of what I was asking, lol. Also curious, what EXACTLY did the email from Paypal say?

Old 06-07-2008, 03:57 PM   #4
Cat_72
Micheal was just here after this was posted, I wonder why he had no response?

dragonmasterexotics
Contributing Member
Last Activity: 06-07-2008 02:22 PM

Old 06-07-2008, 05:36 PM   #5
Mooing Tricycle
Can you post the emails that paypal sent you from when you sent the money out to him, and when he refunded the money, and then shipping and tracking info as well?
Any from you and the seller would also help.

Old 06-07-2008, 06:58 PM   #6
Precision Pythons
He is having a collection sale in the BP section, which I was initially interested in. I am curious as to how this resolves.

JonV

Old 06-08-2008, 06:48 PM   #7
Reptigirl84
Still waiting to find out. He sent me an email asking what the problem was. I told him i would gladly pay for the one living snake I have or send it back to him but I want my money back for the snakes I don't have. If he did ship them i have no idea HOW they got out but if they did find a way out of the box I don't think it is my responsibility to pay for them. He guaranteed me live arrival ... well... there was no arrival..... I will let everyone know how this works out. Hopefully he is a responsible breeder and will work with me here.

Old 06-10-2008, 10:51 AM   #8
Reptigirl84
Hey! to answer you questinos:
-You sent payment for 8 specific YEARLING corns on 6/3
Yes, I sent him $160 for 8 specific yearlings

-On the day they were supposed to arrive, you got notice that a refund was being issued, but then tracking showed the snakes had been shipped
I noticed the refund on the day they were going to arrive but it had been issued on the same day it was paid June 3rd

-The seller emailed you to ask why you had requested a refund, but you had not-no sort of dispute had been file
No dispute had been filed and I did not ask for a refund at the time.

-The package arrived on the 5th as well, with 2 empty deli cups and 1 with 2 small snakes in it (how was he going to pack 8 yearling corns in 3 deli cups?) but no packing in the cup, nor cool pack used
Yes 2 of the 3 cups were empty and no there was no packing or paper towels in the cups so the two corns I got were VERY dirty. Only one was as I expected the other one was EXTREAMLY skinny and died that same night.

-Refund never arrived, and seller is refusing to cooperate
[b] refund has not arrived yet. It is still pending in pay pal and the seller has stopped communicating with me yet he is still posting on here animals for sale.

I will post the emails from the seller in the next post. This is very confusing.
Shannon

Old 06-10-2008, 11:19 AM   #9
Reptigirl84
Personal Emails from him

OK I am posting all of the emails from him directly that I have received. This might be kinda long. Oh and since i am cutting and pasting them out of replies they are backwards with the latest reply posted first so read from the bottom up. Sorry I am in a hurry and don't have time to post each email since we were just replying back and forth. I must go to work now but when i get home tonight I will post the paypal replies.

----- Original Message -----
To: Michael Shaak
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2008 5:55 PM
Subject: Re: Question for seller regarding 8 Yearling Corns from Shannon James

I was reading the boi
I sent you a list of what I sold you
everything was packed in story containers
so what is the problem

Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2008 7:58 AM

6 are missing ?

Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 10:19 PM

I received the box but 6 of the snakes were missing. Please contact me ASAP.

----- Original Message ----
To: Repti Girl <reptigirl@yahoo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 4, 2008 6:51:32 AM

864112098075 fed ex

Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2008 9:29 PM

did you want payment refunded it is showing refunded in my PayPal let me know what is up please

Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2008 6:21 PM

I received payment
thank you

Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 6:20 PM

yeah I will give you one when I have it

Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 6:09 PM

I tried to send the pay pal payment. I got an error message then it said if I try to resend it that It may charge me twice. It's not showing it is posted but I am going to give it 30 minutes or so and try again. Will the package have a tracking #
Shannon

Sent: Tuesday, June 3, 2008 6:03:20 PM

Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 6:09 PM

I set up PayPal long ago

Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 5:46 PM

ok cool thanks... just a little curious as to why your payment email is different then this one?

Sent: Tuesday, June 3, 2008 5:42:03 PM

lol yeah that isn't a problem
my PayPal is realmanlookingforlove@yahoo.com

Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 5:34 PM

This is kinda a weird question but I was wondering if you can pack them in a box that does not say live animal or reptile. I know that sounds a little odd but Just in case the delivery guy does not bring them straight to my apartment I don't need my office seeing that. LOL I don't think that they would be too happy about that. Let me know.
shannon

Sent: Tuesday, June 3, 2008 4:54:03 PM

let me know I will pack them up for ship out tomorrow

Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 4:41 PM

$160?

Sent: Tuesday, June 3, 2008 4:37:01 PM

how much are you offering

Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 4:34 PM

Would you be willing to take a little less then 180 for them?
Shannon

Sent: Tuesday, June 3, 2008 4:20:03 PM

Yes I was holding till I heard from you

Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 4:06 PM

Hey! Sorry I vanished yesterday had something come up with family. Do you still have the baby cornsnakes?
Shannon

Sent: Monday, June 2, 2008 9:33:30 PM

30-65grams each

Sent: Monday, June 02, 2008 9:25 PM

Do you know how many grams the babies are?
Shannon

Sent: Monday, June 2, 2008 8:56:28 PM

pay pal is realmanlookingforlove@yahoo.com

Sent: Monday, June 02, 2008 8:47 PM

ok and they are eating rat pinks not mouse pinks? Also do you have photos of any of the other babies? If I make a pay pal payment tonight when will you ship?
Shannon

Sent: Monday, June 2, 2008 8:21:08 PM

overnight fed ex

Sent: Monday, June 02, 2008 7:21 PM

How will you ship them? Over night? 2 day? I am in San Antonio Tx and a little worried about the heat.

To: reptigirl@yahoo.com
Sent: Monday, June 2, 2008 7:11:57 PM

the price is shipped and yes they will arrive alive they are not scrawny babies very well stated and feeding machines

To: rodentfactory@gmail.com
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2008 7:10 PM
Subject: Question for seller regarding 8 Yearling Corns from Shannon James

The message has been sent to the seller

Return to Auction Details page

Message: Does this price include shipping? Do you have any guarantee on the arrival of these animals?

Old 06-11-2008, 12:32 AM   #10
Reptigirl84
Well Paypal threw out my claim that I filled like I figured they would.. I filled a claim willing to pay for the two snakes that arrived but not for the 6 that I never saw.. This is what they had to say:

"We have completed our investigation of this case. No further action is required by you at this time. We have denied this claim. As stated in our User Agreement, PayPal’s Buyer Complaint Policy only applies to the shipment of goods, not to disputes about the attributes or quality of the goods received. We have noted your claim in the seller's record. The seller's account privileges will be limited if excessive complaints are received."

It still shows that I have a pending refund. Who knows how long that will sit. The seller has quite communicating with me all together. If buying from this guy... USE CAUTION!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!