Michael Shaak @ Dragonmasterexotics (has anyone had this problem!) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-11-2008, 02:39 AM   #11
Cat_72
Shannon,

When you paid with Paypal, did you use a credit card? Many times you can file a complaint directly through your cc company, and get your money back.

Also wondering, you say that he is refusing to communicate, have their been unanswered emails since the ones you posted? I don't see anyplace where you requested a refund from him, or even discussed what to do about the missing snakes?

Old 06-11-2008, 07:21 AM   #12
spawn
And another person jumps the gun on the BOI...great.

it still shows that I have a pending refund. Who knows how long that will sit.

5 days. 3 if they are consecutive business days. I just had a refund come through on paypal; issued June 6th, will clear today. It depends on when the bank (assuming paypal funds come from a checking account) gets the notice.

You really should have waited before posting anything on the BOI. His last email to you was 4 days ago and you think he's dodging you? And how about waiting until your refund at least clears? Jeeze louise. I understand the situation doesn't make much sense now, but it's been less than four days since his last response and your refund has yet to clear -- and you made a thread now in the BOI that can't be deleted so if it turns out to be a misunderstanding, you appear antsy and impossible-to-please to people just browsing threads and not necessarily reading them through.

Old 06-11-2008, 11:04 AM   #13
Reptigirl84
Hey. I did send him emails but I don't save my outgoing emails. I know stupid me. The copies I posted here were from emails that we replies to back and forth so it showed it in the email when he replied back to me. He has yet to reply to any of my emails trying to find some kinds of resolution. I made several attempts to contact him via email but no reply ever came. I have talked to my bank about the pending refund which has been pending since the 3rd. That's 8 days still pending. They said that I may not get the money that way since paypal will only take the funds from his account if they are available. With paypal here is the only comment he sent: (Again read from the bottom up)

From PayPal: PayPal on 6/10/2008 07:37 PDT
Buyer escalated this dispute to a Claim.

From Buyer: Shannon James on 6/10/2008 07:37 PDT
I will pay for the two snakes that arrived even thought one died right away and was not as expected but I would like my money refunded for the snakes that did not show up at all! I understand the seller is at a loss too if he did ship all 8 of the animals but they did not arrive.

From Buyer: Shannon James on 6/9/2008 16:23 PDT
I have not heard from you. Are you planing and working with me at all with this problem?

From Buyer: Shannon James on 6/6/2008 19:34 PDT
I Only received one normal in VERY bad condition and one anery! The normal did not make it threw the night. It was Very lethargic when it arrived. It was MUCH smaller then i was told it would be! I would like my money refunded for the snakes I did not receive.

From Seller: Midwest Ratterery on 6/6/2008 10:14 PDT
I shipped 1 snow 4 anery and a normal 2 motely to the address she prvided through paypal

From Buyer: Shannon James on 6/5/2008 20:54 PDT
I ordered 8 yearling cornsnakes and only received 2. One of them is VERY small and lethargic! The small one is the size of a hatchling. I was told they were eating rat pinkies! This one is so small I need a newborn mouse to feed it! Please contact me ASAP! I would like to work this out.

Old 06-11-2008, 11:06 AM   #14
Gloryhound
Well I just made a purchase with him. Sent him the PayPal payment yesterday. It registered complete almost around 4:30 PM yesterday eastern time (about an hour after it was actually sent). A request for him to give some kind of acknowledgement was sent with the paypal Payment, an E-mail I sent him, and then a message on his phone this morning. The lack of return communication is making me want to pull my hair out. He is supposed to ship them out today and supply a Fed-ex tracking number as what was origionally agreed upon. We will see how it all shakes out and I will let everyone know here!

Old 06-11-2008, 02:34 PM   #15
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn
And another person jumps the gun on the BOI...great.

it still shows that I have a pending refund. Who knows how long that will sit.

5 days. 3 if they are consecutive business days. I just had a refund come through on paypal; issued June 6th, will clear today. It depends on when the bank (assuming paypal funds come from a checking account) gets the notice.

You really should have waited before posting anything on the BOI. His last email to you was 4 days ago and you think he's dodging you? And how about waiting until your refund at least clears? Jeeze louise. I understand the situation doesn't make much sense now, but it's been less than four days since his last response and your refund has yet to clear -- and you made a thread now in the BOI that can't be deleted so if it turns out to be a misunderstanding, you appear antsy and impossible-to-please to people just browsing threads and not necessarily reading them through.
You're first sentence ticks me off.

Why wait?
He got dirty empty containers.
No correspondence from the seller.
The seller saw this thread and ignored it.

All you have to do is go to your paypal account and issue a refund. He can issue the amount for the missing snakes or for the full amount. If the money is in paypal, it is an instant refund. If his paypal account is tied to his CC or a verified bank account, it is also instant.

There is no excuse.

He needs to issue a refund immediately.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:27 PM   #16
Gloryhound
He E-mailed me confirming he recieved the payment earlier today. He said he would E-mail the Fed-ex number once he shipped it today and had one. Once we get that we will see what the end product looks like. So far so good.

Since my wife is going to be the one recieving them I am thinking of having her record recieving it and opeining it on the DVD-camcorder. Then we can put it on U-tube once I get a chance (which isn't often since I travel a lot for work) and the whole world will know how my dealing went. I doubt if anything will go bad as he seems OK when I have spoken to him and he went through the how he would pack them with me.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:35 PM   #17
Royal Morphz
Gloryhound did you mention this thread and see if he was going to make this deal right ive seen him reading this thread but no responce from him? not choosing sides but without his side it seems he in the wrong

Old 06-11-2008, 10:13 PM   #18
Gloryhound
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowsback
Gloryhound did you mention this thread and see if he was going to make this deal right ive seen him reading this thread but no responce from him? not choosing sides but without his side it seems he in the wrong
No I did not mention this thread to him. Actually his profile lists him as not being on line since 4:31 PM yesterday. I just figured since I made the deal and have carried through with it on my end and he on his end so far we can all see what happens before we burn a breeder, on one recent transaction in which we only see one side of to date!

All too often people don't post about good dealings. Since this thread is extremely recent and he hasn't posted on it I figured I would keep people appraised of the full transaction as much as possible in a step by step format so if anyone else deals with him they know what to expect. Compared to trying to list it all out in hind sight a month or something like that after the transaction. If he feels the need to come on and tell me I am miss stating something then I welcome it!

If everything turns out good in the end then he will receive my endorsement as a seller. If something goes wrong and I believe he is some how accountable, then I can put it here. All the information from the time I sent money on will be listed here and I can't go back and change it to make either of us look better or worse. The only additional things I can do is post my copies of actual E-mails and information regarding the paypal payment to support anything anyone says may not be true.

To me it sounds like a fair way of getting facts of my deal out before I become biased in any direction. Is it in his defense or is it against him? I have no way of knowing as the deal is not over yet!

Old 06-12-2008, 04:31 AM   #19
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloryhound
If everything turns out good in the end then he will receive my endorsement as a seller.
David, I'm honestly not trying to jump on you here, so please don't take it that way....I understand that you are saying that "if" your deal goes well....but the fact does remain that another customer received only 1/4 of the snakes she paid for, one died within 24 hours, and he's refusing contact with her. Knowing this, you would still recommend him to others?

Old 06-12-2008, 08:44 AM   #20
Gloryhound
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
David, I'm honestly not trying to jump on you here, so please don't take it that way....I understand that you are saying that "if" your deal goes well....but the fact does remain that another customer received only 1/4 of the snakes she paid for, one died within 24 hours, and he's refusing contact with her. Knowing this, you would still recommend him to others?
I can see were you are coming from, but just in my short time of being active in the online herp community (mostly other boards) I have seen several several new breeders and a couple breeders in their second or third year get ripped apart by one persons claim on a bad dealing. IMO for a Bio forum to work the community as a whole needs to not only come on and list the bad stuff, but also the good stuff right along with it.

Granted I still do not have a Fed-ex tracking number at 8:34 AM eastern on the day they are supposed to arrive. I have called and left 2 voice mails asking for tracking number and E-mailed him stating if he has not shipped that he should not ship because over the next couple of weeks no one will be available to receive them and just send a refund Via PayPal. Also if we have not received snakes, refund, or further contact by noon today we will be filing a claim through PayPal based on him not meeting the originally agreed upon shipping schedule.

With all that said maybe my first assumption is wrong and we do have to assume the worst based on limited available info.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!