Ware is evryone at ? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-24-2009, 06:59 PM   #1
CSdeadboy
Ware is evryone at ?

I got out of collecting for a couple years so I could devote my efforts to the collection I have now. Since I was able to get one of the kids out of the nest I have received clearance from the Boss (wife) to turn the boy's bedroom into a snake room. I was even told that I can get more ! I have walled in the window's, screened over the vents and installed a steel door with a window and two dead bolts. I am wiring out the rest of the heat which can be controlled from outside the door and I am working on being able to monitor the temperature from outside the door. All my current enclosures are running perfect. Now, my goal is to expand the hot collection, but I can not find the breeders that I could before. Has the economy or legal issues done them in ? Is Gherp Farm still around ?

Old 06-24-2009, 07:42 PM   #2
Twizted Paths
This is what I got when I googled them
http://www.gherp.com/events.htm
They have events listed through October so they're probably still here.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:59 PM   #3
Lucille
It may well be that hots may not be legal in Clear Lake Texas.......

Old 06-24-2009, 11:11 PM   #4
CSdeadboy
Thanks twizted, lucille, I dont know anyone who has ever sold hots in this area. Mail order is the only way I can get them. What I have now, was given to me by a friend who moved into an apartment and was scared of an escape. I have spoken to TPWD and I pal around with the local animal control guy and other then being called a nut job they are ok with it. Thanks much, and have a good evening !

Old 06-25-2009, 06:17 AM   #5
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSdeadboy View Post
Thanks twizted, lucille, I dont know anyone who has ever sold hots in this area. Mail order is the only way I can get them. What I have now, was given to me by a friend who moved into an apartment and was scared of an escape. I have spoken to TPWD and I pal around with the local animal control guy and other then being called a nut job they are ok with it. Thanks much, and have a good evening !
If you are receiving hots through the mail, you are doing a huge disservice to the reptile community. It is not legal to ship any snake through USPS but were a hot to be discovered in the mail system, it would generate a lot of news that would set back the reptile hobby.

I can't imagine the TPWD being OK with this, depending on your county, hots are expressly prohibited by statute.

I can understand your friends apprehension about an escape, since we regularly get hurricanes on the coast here.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:34 AM   #6
CSdeadboy
If you are receiving hots through the mail, you are doing a huge disservice to the reptile community. It is not legal to ship any snake through USPS but were a hot to be discovered in the mail system, it would generate a lot of news that would set back the reptile hobby.

I have not yet ordered, just said that seems to be my only option. Now My address is in Harris county, my residence is in Brazoria. I volunteer at the animal shelter a total of 16 hours a week (8 sat, 8 sun) It is widely known I own venomous. Before I took possession of my snake I contacted animal control. animal control did not have a clue, told me to be careful and told me I was crazy. At TPWD no one had a clue, so they called a fellow in Austin. He told me what I had was fine, to be careful and that I was a nut job, and that If ever needed to find another home for it to give him a call. Also, I use "mail order" as a generic turme. I am fully aware of how hots are shipped,what is acceptable, and what is not. This is why I am looking for a reputable dealer like Gherp Farms. I apreceate your concerne and thank you for your input.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:28 PM   #7
Lucille
Since we are so close geographically, I plan follow ups with Brazoria animal control and TPWD. I'm surprised at their response.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:54 PM   #8
CSdeadboy
Also look into Galveston county as well. That is who my Friend works for. Here is the phone number for the office I went to. Due to the fact that it deals with boat ownership the officer that was in there called there guy in Austin and that's ware I got a Stern warning to be careful as well as being informed that I was crazy. Here is the phone number of the office I went into in La Marque -

LaMarque — 14037 Delany Road, LaMarque, TX 77568; 409/933-1947

Go head and call them. They are slow but VERY pleasant to talk to. It will reassure you that our tax dollars are going to at least one good cause. Thank you and have a good evening !

Old 06-25-2009, 08:09 PM   #9
Lucille
Which county do the snakes reside in, and is that where you reside also?

Old 06-25-2009, 09:36 PM   #10
CSdeadboy
Yes Ma'am. we are in Brazoria, but Galveston is across the highway, So the animal control from both sides will respond when called and the proper authority will write tickets or what ever. None of my snakes are on that list ware you have to buy the license so I am ok. there are no restrictions that me or animal control is aware of so I am good. how about ware you are at ? You have city or town, county las to deal with ?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!