California Venomous Snake Laws - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-22-2009, 11:51 PM   #1
Keith Northrop
California Venomous Snake Laws

A game warden in CA is calling wanting to order CBB'08 Atrox (Ruber Male bred to WDB Female); anyone know legality (CA laws); can we ship these there (he says he has the required permits to own). Thanks, Sandra

Old 09-01-2009, 10:40 PM   #2
Kingetula
Have you tried calling the Game and Fish in California? All I would be doing is guessing if I tried to answer your question but I would also like to know the answer when you find out. (Just to learn)

Old 09-02-2009, 11:39 AM   #3
Tim Cole
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Northrop View Post
A game warden in CA is calling wanting to order CBB'08 Atrox (Ruber Male bred to WDB Female); anyone know legality (CA laws); can we ship these there (he says he has the required permits to own). Thanks, Sandra
No permits required to keep native venomous in California.

The fact that he says he has required permits is a red flag in my book.

Ask for a copy.

I have spoken to California Fish & Game in the past in regards to shipping venomous and it was no problem as long as the snakes are native to the state.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:20 PM   #4
chondro006
I know that you do not need a permit to collect and keep native rattlesnakes in California (limit of 2 per species), but I am somewhat unclear about the laws regarding shipping them into California. There is a local reptile store that has albino atroxs for sale and when I asked how that was possible he said it was because they were albinos. So you are telling me that I can purchase native species (non albino) and have them shipped to me here in Califorina from an out of state breeder?

Thanks

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!