Monitor permit help - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-30-2012, 12:29 AM   #11
Ed Clark
Deborah, you need a permit for a savannah monitor.

You can get on the NJ fish and wildlife website then go to exotic permits where you can print an application. or you can call the exotic permit office to ask any questions about the hobbyist permit.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:37 AM   #12
Jennifer P.
In my opinion, as a rule, reptiles and the public should not meet in unstructured, unplanned and uncontrollable circumstances. People are quick to judge reptiles, and some people have truly terrible phobias involving snakes or lizards. Reptiles are not predictable. No animal is 100% predictable but reptiles are far less predictable than most mammals and even birds. If they feel threatened for some reason, they are quick to defend themselves or become aggressive. Even if their behavior is not aggressive, it can be misconstrued. When things go bad, it always ends badly for the reptile. when you want to you and your reptile to be ambassadors, please do it in a controlled, planned, structured environment where everyone can be safe.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:24 AM   #13
Ed Clark
What ever are you talking about?

This is what the op asked.
Quote:
Anyone know if a Sav. Monitor requires a pemit in New Jersey?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer P. View Post
In my opinion, as a rule, reptiles and the public should not meet in unstructured, unplanned and uncontrollable circumstances. People are quick to judge reptiles, and some people have truly terrible phobias involving snakes or lizards. Reptiles are not predictable. No animal is 100% predictable but reptiles are far less predictable than most mammals and even birds. If they feel threatened for some reason, they are quick to defend themselves or become aggressive. Even if their behavior is not aggressive, it can be misconstrued. When things go bad, it always ends badly for the reptile. when you want to you and your reptile to be ambassadors, please do it in a controlled, planned, structured environment where everyone can be safe.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:50 AM   #14
Jennifer P.
Sorry, I realize it was a rather off topic. I'm new to these forums, and I'm not used to people who really know what they're doing. It's so nice here. I was probably a bit to quick to jump in with my 2 cents.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:59 AM   #15
Ed Clark
Hey its always nice to hear someones thoughts,no need to be sorry.

You confused me with your post. welcome to the site!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer P. View Post
Sorry, I realize it was a rather off topic. I'm new to these forums, and I'm not used to people who really know what they're doing. It's so nice here. I was probably a bit to quick to jump in with my 2 cents.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:04 AM   #16
Jennifer P.
Thank you. I was commenting on the fact that the tw said he looked forward to taking his monitor out on leash. I wasn't very clear.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!