Good Guy Boamaster Cages - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-30-2015, 06:19 AM   #1
ianedward1
Thumbs up Boamaster Cages

So let me first start by saying that I have a bit of a bias for rack systems. I love my Animal Plastics rack. It's great quality, easy to follow instructions, and well priced. So as I was planning on getting a new cb70/41qt rack, I contacted AP and asked for the current wait times. 10 weeks. As much as I like AP, I didn't feel like dealing with that long of a wait. So instead, I opted to try out a different rack. I didn't want to spend more than I would have at AP though. That's when I found Boamaster. The turn around time was incredible! I recieved my (3) 41qt rack in only a week and a half. I will say that lack of clear assembly instructions might be a challenge for some, but the rack only fits together one way so its easy to figure out. For the price and the speed, I really can't find any downsides to choosing Boamaster. The only real issue I have is that the heat tape doesn't seem to be cut to quite the right size, but that's nothing a pair of scissors can't fix. I will be likely to purchase another rack from them in the future, especially if they can keep such a quick turn around time.

Old 06-30-2015, 10:37 AM   #2
Black Adder
Thats great to hear as just last week I placed an order from Boamaster despite some mixed reviews but now I am very hopefull, I know the price is hard to beat and who reads instructions anyway!

Old 07-04-2015, 05:13 PM   #3
Black Adder
Update to my previous reply, received my cage in under 1 week, arrived in perfect condition and assembly was a breeze even without instructions(what are THEY anyway...lol)
So just my 3 cents is that they seem like a decent company with decent product at a decent price, not much more you can ask for nowadays

Old 07-05-2015, 12:36 PM   #4
ianedward1
Yep pretty much the exact same experience as me

Old 07-06-2015, 02:06 PM   #5
strange
Maybe it was just me I had too wait for over a month for all the racks I've gotten from boamaster. I've spent good money with boamaster and I finally got tired of waiting for my last rack I ordered from after he said he was a week out and a month later I still haven't received my rack. Finally I just has him refund me.

Old 07-06-2015, 10:03 PM   #6
Black Adder
From what I have read I do think sometimes he takes on more orders than he can realisticaly handle
And lets face it at his prices he is swamped with orders
Not defending him, can only relate my experience which was all good

Old 07-06-2015, 10:16 PM   #7
strange
I asked him before I ordered this last time said he was 1 week out I said great and ordered the rack. Weeks went by and nothing came I finally got tired of waiting and had him refund me. I only needed 1 more 41qt rack too complete my 3rd tower from him. Ohh well I probably will never order from him again. His prices are awesome but his customer service sucks. Other racks may cost a little more but their customer service is awesome and they are honest with you on shipping times.

Old 07-06-2015, 11:12 PM   #8
ianedward1
AP is the only other company that really competes with him price wise and they are honest about their ship times, plus great customer service. Typically that time is over 2 months though. So would you rather be told a week and wait a month, or just be told 2-3 months from the start?

Old 07-06-2015, 11:22 PM   #9
strange
I'm actually going with cserpents from now on....

Old 07-06-2015, 11:26 PM   #10
ianedward1
I know several people who have ordered cserpents and been very pleased. Like I said though, AP is the only one that I found that really competed on a price level for what I wanted, and he had the better turn around time. That's how I based my choice and it worked out for me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!