Bad Guy Big Apple Herp - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-04-2010, 06:59 PM   #41
KNOBTAIL
I would NOT recommend

Big Apple for any purchase as they are a very bad operation to deal with . Steve never sees what he is selling. Its all brokering with other people (unidentified) who ship the animals. Secondly there 72 hour guarantee is contingent upon YOU paying for the return of the animal to them as well as paying again for reshipping if it ever occurs ! In most cases they hide behind there TOS and it becomes very difficult if not impossible to charge back a credit card sale unless you send back whatever is being disputed at your cost !

Steve never emails, but some unknown person by the name of Andy (no last name) is the only communication by written word, and he constantly refers you to the terms with no help in resolving anything that could lead to an amicable solution..

I could be more specific, but its a bad operation and I strongly suggest that you read there terms very carefully as the resource is very limited...

Old 11-04-2010, 08:06 PM   #42
Metachrosis
Well said,
A clear warning to all,IMO the animals in question should have never been shipped in such condition.

Better deals and over all quality can always be had dealing with
smaller scale hobbisit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOBTAIL View Post
Big Apple for any purchase as they are a very bad operation to deal with . Steve never sees what he is selling. Its all brokering with other people (unidentified) who ship the animals. Secondly there 72 hour guarantee is contingent upon YOU paying for the return of the animal to them as well as paying again for reshipping if it ever occurs ! In most cases they hide behind there TOS and it becomes very difficult if not impossible to charge back a credit card sale unless you send back whatever is being disputed at your cost !

Steve never emails, but some unknown person by the name of Andy (no last name) is the only communication by written word, and he constantly refers you to the terms with no help in resolving anything that could lead to an amicable solution..

I could be more specific, but its a bad operation and I strongly suggest that you read there terms very carefully as the resource is very limited...

Old 11-04-2010, 10:43 PM   #43
Slipmattic
I have always ordered reptile supplys, not actual reptiles. I dont like the idea i cannot see the exact specimen im purchasing. From what i read, it seems as though they did try to make it right.

Old 11-05-2010, 05:02 PM   #44
KNOBTAIL
the only thing Big Apple makes right

is there ability to provide NO REFUND nor a replacement if its living.. In my particular case, I received a blind False Cuban Chameleon. The size was wrong, the sex was questionable, and the guarantee of it being healthy could not have been verified by Steve as he NEVER even saw the lizard. The false chameleon was emaciated. Thats what you get..from Big Apple

If you complain to much, you then get an email from Andy ( whoever he is, indicating that the discussion is over, that the terms outlined are what we have to deal with.)

In my case, I refused to send back the lizard as I feared it would be doa on arrival.. I lost the charge back becase of that. Secondly, had I sent it back according to there terms it has to be at my expense. Finally if it arrived dead, I would have no way of proving that the lizard was alive when I shipped it... I paid $ 525.00 for that one lizard. What you see is the condition I receved it in.. Enough said... JERRY
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2010, 06:31 PM   #45
Randall Turner
Something needs to be done with the terrible condition the animals being sold are in. With canines there are laws in place that require breeders/sellers to provide a full refund regardless of time involved or vet care for the animals when it is shown to be a genetic defect with the animal. Time of ownership being of zero concern, also nullifying any warranties on the sellers part. With the right lawyer I am sure the same would be found with any other animal in the pet trade. This hobby is over run by people and the assumption that the proper wording in their terms of sale or a week, or month, or year nullify any obligation when an animal they sell has a genetic defect.

Old 11-05-2010, 06:33 PM   #46
hhmoore
Relatively few of the problems are genetic defects, though.

Old 11-05-2010, 09:19 PM   #47
crotalusadamanteus
Big Apple: Send the animal back, we'll refund your money

Izoid: I'll keep her. <--- It was your choice, regardless of reason. You chose not to get a refund when it was offered. Bad choice. Now they have no further obligation to you.

I wouldn't feel obligated either given the circumstances.

Old 11-06-2010, 02:19 PM   #48
Randall Turner
That is true Harald, but in this case (if the vet is to be believed) the OPs boa would appear to fit into the genetic defect catagory, which in turn would nullify the sellers TOS, no matter how much they want it not to. Of course that would depend on getting the proper ducks in a row documentation wise.

Old 11-06-2010, 04:06 PM   #49
hhmoore
Oh, yeah, the OP....forgot about him, this thread is a few months old.

Old 11-06-2010, 07:40 PM   #50
Pikey
i posted on the thread not because i didn't belive the animals are in bad shape, but because the guy that started it made claims & said he had proof but asked over & over again to show it. He later said he'd show in with in the week but NOTHING.

i just dont like it when "they" say they have proof, but then just want everyone to take their word.... No offence to anyone just my personal opinion

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!