Went collecting for the first time - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Field Collecting/Observing

Notices

Field Collecting/Observing Sightings of herps in the wild, where-tos and how-tos, as well as photos of herps in their native environment.

Old 06-18-2011, 02:39 PM   #1
Ntyvirus
Went collecting for the first time

Went field collecting for the first time with George Ward the past couple of nights (Yes, the same George Ward who was recently banned from the site) around south Florida. For being somebody who hasn't been out in the field before I would definitely have to say that the numbers of animals collected ( we were collecting for several different orders he had from several buyers) were both impressive in number and the amount of time we finished in. Gie or take a couple anoles, I believe the count was 100+ bufo toads, 4-500 anoles (mix of green, brown and crested) 61 iguanas ( in a 2 1/2 hour shot down a canal), a couple of cuban tree frogs, some leopard frogs, 2 5-lined skinks, and a yellow ratsnake. Overall it was a fun experience and I think I might have a new weekend activity.

p.s. seeing somebody catch an iguan out of the air while standing in a small aluminum boat is definitely something you have to see for yourself.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!