Finally achieved one of my dreams! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 02-15-2007, 12:37 PM   #1
Griz
Finally achieved one of my dreams!

Well, after growing up in the 70's and 80's, I had a lot of cars that I wanted to own. My favorite, by far and away, was the Fiero GT. Maybe it was because that was the hot car at the time I was obtaining my drivers license.

Well, my new Ford Supercrew gets me about 14 mpg so it's killing me right now! So, I started looking online and found this near mint condition Fiero. I am having it shipped up here late next week so I can hardly wait to get it! Kind of like a kid waiting for Christmas morning right now!

Griz

Old 02-15-2007, 01:54 PM   #2
shrap
Sweet Bob!!!

But why does this image keep sticking in my mind?

Old 02-15-2007, 02:30 PM   #3
Griz
That's probably fitting to say the least! I spoke to multiple other "big guys" and they all said they fit real nice. At some point, I will have a LS1 engine installed as a V8 automobile that weighs only 2500lbs excites me!

Griz

Old 02-15-2007, 02:35 PM   #4
Mike Greathouse
Congratulations Bob.
However, although we have never met in person, the visual image that I have of you, is not one that would fit in that car! Have you ever been behind the wheel of one of these?

Growing up in the same time period as you, there were many cars that caught my eye, but it didn't take long for me to realize that I was simply unable to drive them. The little sporty cars are generally not engineered for men of stature...

Old 02-15-2007, 05:41 PM   #5
Griz
Nope, never even set in one. I reckon you can call it blind hope. Actually, the deal I got on this vehicle was good enough that I am 100% confident I can flip it and make a profit should it simply not be comfortable.

Griz

Old 02-18-2007, 08:37 AM   #6
bcfos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz
That's probably fitting to say the least! I spoke to multiple other "big guys" and they all said they fit real nice. At some point, I will have a LS1 engine installed as a V8 automobile that weighs only 2500lbs excites me!

Griz

Come on Bob... Go a step deeper and drop the LS2 in that baby.

And I haven't seen a Fiero in ages.. Well since my sister and her husband had pair of 1988 Gt's in 1988 through 1989. I remember they were not much on power but would stop on a dime and you could toss them around like a go-kart.

Old 02-18-2007, 10:07 AM   #7
hhmoore
Sweet ride, Bob. Hope it fits. Have fun!!

Old 02-18-2007, 01:06 PM   #8
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcfos
Come on Bob... Go a step deeper and drop the LS2 in that baby.
Yeah! I agree. If my LS6 ever goes *pop* in my vette, I would be looking at an LS2 with forged pistons for a replacement That's assuming I can't find a C5R at a decent price.

Good luck with the ride!

Old 02-18-2007, 02:07 PM   #9
varnyard
I agree Bob, it is a awesome looking ride.

I am now stuck with the thought of Arnold Schwarzenegger in one of them old classic movies. It was the part where he rips out the front seat in the little red MG.

That is not for thought Bob, it was only a memory.

Old 02-18-2007, 03:10 PM   #10
Bill & Amy
They are comfortable once you get in and sat down, the problem is getting in.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!