Chuck Tornetta/ECE Eisenman het pieds - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:37 AM   #1
NJTom732
Chuck Tornetta/ECE Eisenman het pieds

Hi Everyone, I am interested to see if there is anyone out there that purchased 100% het pied females in April 2003 sold by Chuck Tornetta in New Jersey HCE Eisenman.

Chuck sold 5 female and 1 male that he got from HCE / Harry Eisenman in a trade, all 6 were micro chipped, but no photo ID.

I bread my 100% het female I got from Chuck to a 100% het male I purchased from John Manser with photo ID also purchased in April 2003 this year and got 6 eggs when they hatched last month I got no pieds!

Has anyone been able to prove these out?

Hope to hear from some of you guy!
Thanks Tom

Old 06-28-2007, 12:10 PM   #2
Ed Clark
Tom, I can clear up 50% of your question.

I have bought hets from John Manser and they have proven out to be exactly as stated. John is a great guy and I would trust him to buy hets from.

Old 06-28-2007, 12:21 PM   #3
NJTom732
Thanks buddy

Old 06-28-2007, 12:39 PM   #4
wyblep
I dont think the male from John is the ones he is worrying about. Everyone knows that Carolina Reptile Exchange or HCE AKA Harry Eisenman or whatever there calling themselves these days have sold a ton of fake hets and none of them have ever proved out yet. Paul

Old 06-28-2007, 01:23 PM   #5
Ed Clark
Paul, then the responsibility would fall on Chuck Tornetta as he is the person that sold these females as hets. he needs to step up and do the right thing if these het pieds do not prove out to be hets. a 6 egg clutch is big enought to tell if you are breeding hets, you should have seen a pied or 2 in there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyblep
I dont think the male from John is the ones he is worrying about. Everyone knows that Carolina Reptile Exchange or HCE AKA Harry Eisenman or whatever there calling themselves these days have sold a ton of fake hets and none of them have ever proved out yet. Paul

Old 06-28-2007, 02:44 PM   #6
wyblep
Have you contacted Chuck about this? Is he aware of this thread? Paul

Old 06-28-2007, 04:57 PM   #7
BallBoutique
For those of us who have bred pieds know that the Punnett Square is not etched in stone.....it is a guide line.
My one pair of hets did the following"

4 eggs 3 pieds 1 66% het

5 eggs 2 pieds 3 66% hets

4 eggs 0 pieds 3 66% hets 1 bad

Same girl is on a clutch as I post this.
5 eggs could be all 66% hets .....who knows.

Each clutch can change. He could breed next year and get 8 eggs and 4 pieds!

RicK

Old 06-28-2007, 07:54 PM   #8
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark
Paul, then the responsibility would fall on Chuck Tornetta as he is the person that sold these females as hets. he needs to step up and do the right thing if these het pieds do not prove out to be hets. a 6 egg clutch is big enought to tell if you are breeding hets, you should have seen a pied or 2 in there?
Ed, it would depend on what kind of guarantee Chuck offered to the original poster (Tom). Tom never stated if Chuck said that he would guarantee them as Hets, or if he simply identified them as "Hets" from CRE. For all we know they were sold at a discount because they were from HCE with the caveat that because no one has proven out Hets from HCE he was selling them for below market price for guaranteed HETS. Only Tom or Chuck can answer as to what their original deal was; better to hear from them prior to jumping to conclusions!

Old 06-28-2007, 08:32 PM   #9
Ed Clark
Sam, I do think that Chuck should offer some input about these hets and maybe clear the air. alittle info about any kind of guarantee would be nice.

I also dont think Tom would have started a thread if it was a maybe these are hets kind of deal. the price that was charged is not important....if they were sold as hets and are not. thats whats important.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko_Den
Ed, it would depend on what kind of guarantee Chuck offered to the original poster (Tom). Tom never stated if Chuck said that he would guarantee them as Hets, or if he simply identified them as "Hets" from CRE. For all we know they were sold at a discount because they were from HCE with the caveat that because no one has proven out Hets from HCE he was selling them for below market price for guaranteed HETS. Only Tom or Chuck can answer as to what their original deal was; better to hear from them prior to jumping to conclusions!

Old 06-28-2007, 08:35 PM   #10
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark
Sam, I do think that Chuck should offer some input about these hets and maybe clear the air. alittle info about any kind of guarantee would be nice.

I also dont think Tom would have started a thread if it was a maybe these are hets kind of deal. the price that was charged is not important....if they were sold as hets and are not. thats whats important.
I disagree Ed. If these were sold at a huge discount due to the source being CRE then the price is a very important point in the transaction.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!