Jungle Habitats - Alan Hall - You Can Decide - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:18 AM   #31
Wilomn
There are two things I've said about alan for the last few years. One has to do with dirt and the intelligence of some people relative to it and the other was that he made some damn fine cages even though I would never buy from him.

alan, please don't be dumb as dirt. Don't be another matt greybeal.

Do what you know is right and take care of your customers the way you have ALWAYS said you did.

Come on man, you KNOW better than this.

Old 09-04-2007, 12:32 PM   #32
hhmoore
Well, I've purchased a fair number of cages from Alan, and was planning on buying one of his new incubators...but frankly, I'm not real comfortable doing so at this point. Looks like I'll be watching for the outcome of this...

Old 09-04-2007, 12:53 PM   #33
JungleHabitats
ok Im here , just got in from a show

il lread this and ill be contacting steve and ill be putting more up later.

Old 09-04-2007, 01:07 PM   #34
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleHabitats
il lread this and ill be contacting steve and ill be putting more up later.
Before you do that contact the people waiting on thermostats, light fixtures, vents, paperwork, cages, etc.

At this point I don't want anything but it would be nice if this thread was instrumental in helping the others who are afraid to post in getting what is owed to them.

Old 09-04-2007, 01:27 PM   #35
SPJ
It's settled with Alan and me. I hope the others who are waiting will get their items.

Quote:
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 10:25:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Steve Jordanides" <sjordanides@sbcglobal.net> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Subject: Re: Order Update #30
To: "Jungle Habitats Plastics" <info@junglehabitatsplastics.com>
I felt like I had gotten taken by someone I considered a friend. It just ate away at me to the point where I had to vent.
This email is the paypal one.

Jungle Habitats Plastics <info@junglehabitatsplastics.com> wrote:
Jungle Habitats Plastics
------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: 30

Detailed Invoice:
http://junglehabitatsplastics.com/we...fo&order_id=30

Date Ordered: Thursday 08 February, 2007

The comments for your order are: Steve , send me a paypal address for you im
sending you the refund for the balance of what you sold the cage for. The
refund will be for $80.50 from the balance of what you sold the other cage
for. If you were that unhappy you never told me anything about it and was
the first i heard of it . You could have told me you wanted to send the cage
back and get a refund and you would have got JUST THAT steve. I am not out
to screw you over i was just never made aware you were so upset. So please
send me apaypal info and you will get your $80.50 back.

As for emails I have been gone since friday and just got in so just got all
of this thanks .
Alan

Your order has been updated to the following status:
New status: Delivered

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.

Old 09-04-2007, 01:42 PM   #36
JungleHabitats
Everyone is getting JUST what they ordered from me and compensation for delays . Its really hard to know someone is unhappy when im not contacted to be told of it . I am ONE person who does all the building etc here for cages ,( not enough profit to hire anyone so let not got there ) All cages and racks are now being CNC machined which is greatly increasing the timeline from order to shipout. Also this year has not been the best year for me here due to a terminally sick mother that belive it or not does come before ANYTHING i do when shes in the hospital i stay there nonstop untill she comes out so yea calls and other things will go un answered cause i am not here . From thursday of the week before my mother was in agaIN ( 4TH STINT THIS YR ) so i was not here she came home i went directly to the raleigh show the weekend as it had been paid for .way ahead of time . Not making excuses just telling it like it is if thats not goods enough for people then im sorry steve you will be getiing your refund shortly .
Alan

Old 09-04-2007, 01:56 PM   #37
critical bill
The cage you sent Steve was a freebie. He was within his right to sell it or junk it or use it. You owe him the full balance for a new cage that he paid for and never received.

Sorry about your personal problems Alan. But a note on the forums, on your webpage, or a mass email to waiting customers would have fixed anyones misunderstanding. Everyone has a heart and could easily identify with your priorities.

Old 09-04-2007, 02:01 PM   #38
JungleHabitats
Chuck , I appreciate your comments but the price he paid did not even come CLOSE to the full price of the type cage he got . Yes shipping went up x's two on lots of oversize packages so there for that reflects the price on the site now . Also on a side note Steve Reptile basics doesnt make slant front cages. I just spoke to rich and he doesnt make them or doesnt plant to make them he does however make a 3ft cage just to clear that up so there is no confusion

Alan

Old 09-04-2007, 02:10 PM   #39
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleHabitats
Chuck , I appreciate your comments but the price he paid did not even come CLOSE to the full price of the type cage he got .
Alan
Alan...alan. The cage Steve got from you was a scratched and nicked up FREEBIE. You sent it to him as a freebie. He paid for a quality product and was provided excuses (no matter how valid) for months. And then to be told shipping had gone up in price since he paid for the cage you never sent.

This is wrong Alan. You owe him a full refund for the quality cage you never provided. Deducting from the price of a free cage that Steve sold because it wasn't what he ordered and had absolutely no use for is wrong.

But do what you want and what Steve agreed to. It still don't make it right.

Old 09-04-2007, 02:20 PM   #40
Wilomn
alan, knock the dumb, er dirt, out of your ears.

You owe Steve a FULL refund. You know you do, we know you do, Steve knows you do.

You're swirling 'round the bowl right now, just a flush or two away from reputation down the drain. Don't screw it up further by getting all cheap on Steve and shorting him on what he's due.

What happened to the Old Alan, the Good Alan, who was always bragging about how he would never treat people poorly or screw them over, the guy who THOUSANDS of times said he would bend over backwards or even loose money to keep a customer happy?

Crap happens, and I'm sorry for your mom, but you just have not handled things well this last 18 months or so.

Get it together dude. Start by doing right by Steve. He stood by you for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.

FULL REFUND alan, it's what you SHOULD do.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!