--WormMan-- Paypal Account Fraud (Inquiry) - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-07-2007, 02:33 PM   #41
geckoluvr
This is the internet, and I'm sorry for wanting my privacy. I just wanted people to know what happened with wormman. People do call me Laura. So that is what I use when I'm posting on sites like this. Don't worry. I will never post on this site ever again. Especially when people here invade my personal space and actually look me up on MYSPACE?? Hopefully no one else will have the same experience I had with wormman. That's all I care about.

Old 12-07-2007, 02:39 PM   #42
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoluvr
This is the internet, and I'm sorry for wanting my privacy. I just wanted people to know what happened with wormman. People do call me Laura. So that is what I use when I'm posting on sites like this. Don't worry. I will never post on this site ever again. Especially when people here invade my personal space and actually look me up on MYSPACE?? Hopefully no one else will have the same experience I had with wormman. That's all I care about.
Laura, personally, I think you may be getting offended over what was a protection both for you and him. Making sure that you were who you were (and not a jilted girlfriend making fraudent claims) is what the Mods on here do.

FYI: If you are that concerned about privacy, you should know that MySpace has only recently stopped keeping track of their customers/members website usage and selling/using the information for profit.

You don't have as much privacy there or on any site as you may think.

Old 12-07-2007, 02:39 PM   #43
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Wow, I posted information so people would understand that you were being truthful about who you are and now I'm invading your space by posting information that you freely posted on the internet for the world to see.

Don't let the door hit you on the rear end on the way out.
As D. Thomas already stated-

Quote:
Thank you for the explanation. Having BC in your profile as your location throws up red flags when your IP address clearly shows you are in Ca. It would not be the first time someone has registered a bogus account to hide their identity to attack another. It's more common than you might think and we are very vigilant here about that sort of thing.

Old 12-07-2007, 02:39 PM   #44
DThomas
Quote:
Invade your personal space by looking you up on myspace? Are you serious? Did someone put a gun to your head and make you put up a a page accessible to the PUBLIC with all of your information?

All you have posted so far is a common phissing email with wormman.com's information in it. You have accussed them of trying to perpetrate a fraud but when asked to provide additional information that could either proof or disproof their involvement, you refuse.

Those same scammers could have easily used YOUR email address to attempt to steal from someone. Would you not expect the same sort of vigilance to get to the bottom of things if someone made the same type of accusation against you?

Old 12-07-2007, 02:42 PM   #45
grandmagreen
Quote:
Also, that first reply was at 10:34, that was 2 minutes AFTER HE ADDED A NEW EMAIL TO MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT. The reason I knew it was unauthorized was that Paypal, the real paypal(service@paypal.com), sent me an email asking me if I had added the new email address... so that was when I made the phone call to them, and that was when they traced everything back, and saw this activity going on with several other accounts also.
Laura,

What was the new email address that he "added"? Was it ken_chiarella@yahoo.com? Could you also post the email that Paypal sent you, please? Thank you.

Old 12-07-2007, 02:44 PM   #46
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
This is the internet, and I'm sorry for wanting my privacy. I just wanted people to know what happened with wormman. People do call me Laura. So that is what I use when I'm posting on sites like this.

Everyone else is required to post their real names here. you are no exception.

Read the rules. Peoples reputations and businesses are on the line here.

Old 12-07-2007, 02:49 PM   #47
DThomas
Quote:
Also, that first reply was at 10:34, that was 2 minutes AFTER HE ADDED A NEW EMAIL TO MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT. The reason I knew it was unauthorized was that Paypal, the real paypal(service@paypal.com), sent me an email asking me if I had added the new email address... so that was when I made the phone call to them, and that was when they traced everything back, and saw this activity going on with several other accounts also.
To ad and email account to your paypal account, he would need to have your login and password. What you received was another phishing email trying to direct you to another bogus site to get you to input your login and password so it can be stolen. I have received several of those bogus emails over the years asking if I had added an email address to my PayPal account. The reason you are getting the server error is because you are clicking on the link in the email. If it's not working it's because the phish site has already been taken down. Stop clicking on the links in the email and type paypals address in your browser yourself.

Old 12-07-2007, 05:03 PM   #48
WebSlave
Quote:
Quite simply, if you are not willing to correctly and accurately identify yourself, nor want to allow your own statements to be scrutinized for accuracy and truthfullness, then you are not welcome to post in this forum. This had been the case with the BOI since the first day it was set up, and you are no exception to that rule.

If you are NOT using your real name to identify yourself, then everything you post is subject to being deleted because of this violation. As a general rule, many people will tend to believe that someone who will lie about their identity is also quite likely to be lying about other details and "facts" within their postings. I am not saying this is the case with you, but it is far easier for someone to attempt to pass off a lie if they don't have their real identity attached to the words they make public. The reason for this cardinal rule is to try, as best as possible, to limit this sort of abuse on the BOI.

Old 12-07-2007, 05:50 PM   #49
Serafim
I would bet money The website was hacked into and mass emails were sent. The reason I believe this may be the case is because all your account information is stored in their database. The paypal transactions are done on a separate site. They would be able to access your payment method and details very easily. Just a thought. I am almost positive Wormman is not committing fraud....

Old 12-07-2007, 05:50 PM   #50
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Quite simply, if you are not willing to correctly and accurately identify yourself, nor want to allow your own statements to be scrutinized for accuracy and truthfullness, then you are not welcome to post in this forum. This had been the case with the BOI since the first day it was set up, and you are no exception to that rule.

If you are NOT using your real name to identify yourself, then everything you post is subject to being deleted because of this violation. As a general rule, many people will tend to believe that someone who will lie about their identity is also quite likely to be lying about other details and "facts" within their postings. I am not saying this is the case with you, but it is far easier for someone to attempt to pass off a lie if they don't have their real identity attached to the words they make public. The reason for this cardinal rule is to try, as best as possible, to limit this sort of abuse on the BOI.
Rich,

If I read this correctly, her name is Lora-Lee and she calls herself Laura. Is that really a big deal? My birth certificate, passport, drivers license, CWP, etc. all list me as James Martin Ohlstein but my family and friends call me Jim. Am I hiding my identity? Jim is a common nickname for people named James and I'm guessing there are many guys here named Jim, Bob, Dave, Gerry, Chris, and even Rich who are not using their full name.

I think the "sensible man rule" should apply.

As for her location, well lots of people lie about that, or put something amusing. Dennis Hultman's location is listed as "BOI". So Lora-Lee fibbed and put a past location. Big deal. What about that schmuck who started that thread about Rodent-Pro who said he was in Italy (http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=100660)? He was posting from IP's in Connecticut and he clearly was using a fake name too. He never got the boot.

Now if this is a fake last name, that's different, but how would we know?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!