Jungle Habitats / Alan Hall - it has been 10 months! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-08-2007, 08:25 PM   #11
Oak Hill Reptiles
Lets see if you follow through..

Old 04-08-2007, 08:28 PM   #12
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oak Hill Reptiles
Lets see if you follow through..
I don't think Alan will have any problems following through. He's always done right by me and many others.

Old 04-08-2007, 08:34 PM   #13
Oak Hill Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic
I don't think Alan will have any problems following through. He's always done right by me and many others.
I understand that, and I apologize if I came off as too rough, but you have to understand I always find myself a little leery when I see things like this.

Old 04-08-2007, 08:35 PM   #14
JungleHabitats
I just realized Monday Is Easter Monday , so if the Post office is closed and my Bank is closed it will be Tuesday on the refund as I wont be able to send any other method ( I dont use paper checks) Just wanted to make that clear as I dont really keep track them.
Regards
Alan

Old 04-08-2007, 08:46 PM   #15
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oak Hill Reptiles
I understand that, and I apologize if I came off as too rough, but you have to understand I always find myself a little leery when I see things like this.
A little cynical for your age (16), don't you think?

Alan, thanks for coming here and taking responsibility. You don't use paper checks? In this day and age it's hard to imagine anyone without a checking account but so be it. BTW, Monday is NOT a postal holiday nor is it a bank holiday. See for yourself at http://www.usps.com/communications/n...alholidays.htm and at http://www.frbservices.org/HomePage/Holidays.html.

Old 04-08-2007, 08:53 PM   #16
JungleHabitats
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O

Alan, thanks for coming here and taking responsibility. You don't use paper checks? In this day and age it's hard to imagine anyone without a checking account but so be it. BTW, Monday is NOT a postal holiday nor is it a bank holiday. See for yourself at http://www.usps.com/communications/n...alholidays.htm and at http://www.frbservices.org/HomePage/Holidays.html.

Believe it or not I have not touched a check in over 8 yrs , I did not say i dont have a checking account lol I just no longer use pay pal after being screwed for over $1400 by them after using them flawless for 4 yrs .. So i WONT use paypal for a payment method . I now use Google checkout bu unfortunately i cant see where i cant just out of the blue send money to someone in that as it a a direct payment gateway i think.

I always take responsibility for my actions , and with this I will be back with tracking info for Paul Monday and if the court so wishes ill even scan the MO lol

Again Paul Im sorry for the inconvenience thats been caused you will have whats yours this week
regards'
Alan

Old 04-08-2007, 09:06 PM   #17
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyViper
Paul,

Why didn't you just ask on TRR? If he wants to give yo a refund, just take it.
Are you serious? Why would I ask on TRR? I've been keeping the conversation private since the order was placed, and look how far that's gotten me!
Quote:
Why bother posting this, if your just out to try and hurt his business.
I don't understand this sentence/question. If letting other people know that for ten months I've been fed excuses and haven't received what I paid for hurts Alan's business, that's his own doing. If I was "just out to try and hurt his business" then it would only make sense to post this, wouldn't it?

Quote:
I don't know you or him, but your making yourself look bad, by not excepting his offer.
How does it make me look bad? I gave up after waiting ten months. Is that such an awful thing to do? I wrote the purchase off as a loss. Lots of people and businesses do that everyday - why does it make me look bad?

Old 04-08-2007, 09:19 PM   #18
Oak Hill Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O

I don't think my age should play any role in what others think of me or be indicative of my personality or comments on the BOI. I have already apologized for my remarks and should hope that you would treat me with the respect that you show for any other member on this forum, regardless of age.

Old 04-08-2007, 09:38 PM   #19
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulSage
If letting other people know that for ten months I've been fed excuses and haven't received what I paid for hurts Alan's business, that's his own doing.
Exactly. You set out clearly and dispassionately what occurred. You have not started flailing around and calling names, you merely asked for what you paid for.

Alan said, above "I always take responsibility for my actions". Perhaps so, but in my mind, there is no question that the thread you started here was an appropriate use of this forum and I think it brought appropriate results after you patiently waited for ten months. You will hopefully receive your refund, but those who come after you and are thinking of ordering cages will receive benefits from this thread as well.

Old 04-08-2007, 10:35 PM   #20
LadyViper
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulSage
Are you serious? Why would I ask on TRR? I've been keeping the conversation private since the order was placed, and look how far that's gotten me!

Well, you made a point of saying you had to track him down for twn months, why not just inquire where you know he his?? that's all I meant by that.

How does it make me look bad? I gave up after waiting ten months. Is that such an awful thing to do? I wrote the purchase off as a loss. Lots of people and businesses do that everyday - why does it make me look bad?
No, you didn't just write it off because you posted it here on the BOI, look you had that right. I am only saying he has done everything..offered refund, publicly and humbly apolized..what more could he do? Take his refund, and let it go. Your posts sound so angry for someone who claims they just wrote off.
The guy seems to have a good track record, mistakes happen. Let him fix it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!