ever heard of cruise control? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2004, 08:41 PM   #1
sirenofthestorm
ever heard of cruise control?

This is something I want to scream often at people since I do a lot of highway driving, mostly between Ann Arbor and Grand Rapids MI now. But I have driven to and from Texas (and around Texas while I was there) , to Chicago, Kentucky, and from Phoenix to Nogales, Mexico. Granted, I'm no truck driver, but I've also driven far outside of my region. I do a LOT of highway driving, and bad highway drivers irk me to no end.

There's this thing called cruise control... and I understand on some older models its not available, but jeez people, you pick a speed you're comfortable at, press a button, and relax. I just do NOT understand anyone who doesn't use cruise control on long trips, or on a highway that has light traffic.

I also HATE people who play highway tag. D*mn aggressive drivers. If I set my cruise control at 70 or 75, there is always one middle aged male in a minivan close to a midlife crisis that just can't let a GIRL pass him, so he speeds up til he passes me, then slows down to the speed he was going before I passed him, so I pass him again, then he speeds up and passes me again, and so on and so on. Not that women don't do this too, but its mostly men that do it to me.

Oh and turn signals... are those things that should be flipped ON when you want to change lanes and OFF when you're done. GRRRRR. I'm just thankful I'm not required in Grand Rapids again any time soon.

-Whit