Help boa with runny nose - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-09-2006, 10:28 AM   #1
stryker_8123
Help boa with runny nose

Hi, I have a question I hope someone might be a ble to help me with, My boa has a runny nose just one nostril has a small amount of mucus. Would I be able to treat this with Tylan 200 or has anybody else experience this. What is the best method to treat this?

Thanks for your time.

Humidity 50%
Hot spot 90 Cool side 82
She eats regularly and doesnt miss a meal.

Old 08-09-2006, 11:10 AM   #2
Ed Clark
best thing to do is seek out a good herp vet.,he will more than likely put the boa on fortaz for a month.

Old 08-11-2006, 07:55 PM   #3
crotalusadamanteus
The only thing about Tylan is that it's not made for reptiles. It's meant for Porcine and Bovine ailments. These both are large animals, and this stuff is meant for large animals. Calculating a dosage would be the hardest part for safely treating them with it. I read something at Clay English's site about it.

Personally, i'd stick with a known herp vet, and what they prescribed. They may want to see the fluid draining from the nose. Fresh is better for testing. You find out whats wrong, they prescribe the right meds, and right dosage too.

Rick

Old 08-11-2006, 11:35 PM   #4
stryker_8123
Thank for you responses I will take her to the vet on Monday.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!