Pageant hopefuls decapitate, skin snakes at Rattlesnake Roundup - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:49 PM   #21
GavraCadavra
I would charge them all with animal cruelty if I could. It's what they deserve.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:02 PM   #22
HecticLifeReptiles
yea to bad snakes and reptiles don't fall under the animal cruelty act in most states, truly sickening if you ask me.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:35 PM   #23
snakechaarmer
First of all, I am Miss SnakeChaarmer. I always will be! Dammit.

... and this is honestly one of the most horrible disgusting things I have ever seen. Rub your hands in snake blood to make a handprint? Unbelievably horrifying. Wow.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:04 PM   #24
Omnomnami
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakechaarmer View Post
First of all, I am Miss SnakeChaarmer. I always will be! Dammit.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:36 PM   #25
redhood23
I have protested with picket signs and all the past 3 years I have been living here in texas. I drive to sweetwater which is about 2 hours from me and protest. I was almost arrested for doing it the past 2 years and fined all three. It is major animal cruelty. They dont just get them from sweetwater either. they get them from everywhere they can. Then a week after they have the sweetwater round up they have the brownwood roundup. It is almost as bad- if not worse. here they just act like idiots playing with them, then have skinning contests( worst part is sometimes they wont even kill the snake first). Also, here they dont use the skin for wallets or cook the meat, they mostly just kill them for entertainment then throw them away. I wish I can do more than protest, I wish i can literally fight back!

Old 03-27-2011, 03:13 PM   #26
alexilaihogirl2012
wow...that's horrible. I grew up in Tucson, Arizona and I'm pretty scared of rattlesnakes but I think that's disgusting. They need to leave those snakes alone. I'm surpised there aren't animal rights activist groups all over this.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:26 PM   #27
HecticLifeReptiles
maybe no one has informed animal rights activists? maybe we should all try and get ahold of animal Rights groups and let them know what is going on out here? I'm pretty sure it's illegal to bait any game animal (as they were using gasoline) and I'm almost certain that Texas Fish n Wildlife has a special permit for catching rattlers. maybe if we here on fauna get ahold of someone in legal and have them make up a petition and get signatures to get these horrid things banned? that would give us a fighting chance! Any bad publicity is going to effect our hobby and put further restrictions on it, we have a duty to try and stop this any way we can!

Old 03-28-2011, 08:03 PM   #28
Morelia4life
All I have to say is this is what happens when brothers and sisters are allowed to marry each other and have kids. This is probably the most disgusting thing I can think off. Why do people get off doing this kind of sick crap to an animal? "Oh man you guys are tough killing snakes". I find it funny how people can not give a puppy water for a week and then go to jail for animal cruelty but then people can skin a snake alive, chop it's head off and then throw it away and everyone else thinks it is "awesome" and "cool". What a bunch of inbred rednecks.

Old 03-29-2011, 01:20 AM   #29
Reptidude100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morelia4life View Post
All I have to say is this is what happens when brothers and sisters are allowed to marry each other and have kids. This is probably the most disgusting thing I can think off. Why do people get off doing this kind of sick crap to an animal? "Oh man you guys are tough killing snakes". I find it funny how people can not give a puppy water for a week and then go to jail for animal cruelty but then people can skin a snake alive, chop it's head off and then throw it away and everyone else thinks it is "awesome" and "cool". What a bunch of inbred rednecks.

Old 03-29-2011, 01:34 AM   #30
Reptidude100
Quote:
Originally Posted by HecticLifeReptiles View Post
maybe no one has informed animal rights activists? maybe we should all try and get ahold of animal Rights groups and let them know what is going on out here? I'm pretty sure it's illegal to bait any game animal (as they were using gasoline) and I'm almost certain that Texas Fish n Wildlife has a special permit for catching rattlers. maybe if we here on fauna get ahold of someone in legal and have them make up a petition and get signatures to get these horrid things banned? that would give us a fighting chance! Any bad publicity is going to effect our hobby and put further restrictions on it, we have a duty to try and stop this any way we can!
PETA hasn't ever said one word about roundups that I'm aware of... But USUS is vehemently opposed to roundups, and (for once) they actually have some very accurate and sensible info about them on their website. Animal Protection of New Mexico also distributes these educational pamphlets about the roundup. But most of the animal rights world does seem oblivious to these disgusting 'events'.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!