60 venomous snakes found in Hendersonville NC mobile home - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 08-18-2011, 01:53 PM   #21
wlcmmtt
[quote=Wolfy-hound;1333378]We don't know that he didn't have these reptiles properly set up also. After all NONE of his neighbors had a clue he had these animals so that says he kept them properly contained and wasn't flaunting his reptiles about the neighborhood.

I actually live relatively close to the area this took place in. The fact that local law enforcement didn't know he had the animals means he was in violation of state law. And if he was keeping ANY of the hots in fish tanks? Again, in violation of state law. They've got to be kept in locking cages, they've got to be labeled both with common and scientific names, and if he doesn't keep his own antivenom on hand, he's got to have a name of someone nearby who does....which he obviously didn't, because I believe he had to be flown to SC to get the proper antivenom. The animals are at the NC Museum of Natural Science to be identified...I hope for his sake, he didn't have anything NC considers to be a no-no. He's not likely to get them back though, just because he was in violation of state law on however many counts they'll make it out to be (One big one, or one for each of the venomous snakes he didn't have labeled...Same law goes for the Big 5, so if he had any of those in what the state deems "inappropriate caging", he could face charges on those as well)

Old 08-23-2011, 11:25 AM   #22
Whit7
http://www.citizen-times.com/article...enomous-snakes

Update: 46 charges pending in this case

Old 08-23-2011, 05:08 PM   #23
Wolfy-hound
There are tanks that lock.

I didn't say keeping "legally" I said "properly contained" as in they hadn't escaped and been spotted roaming the neighborhood.

I don't comment on legal, because it's not MY home state and I don't know what's legal, illegal or permitted.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:53 AM   #24
guidry876
If you're gonna be a turd, go lay in the yard....

I think that is his true fate... If you play with snakes your gona get bit sooner or later.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!