PRO EXOTICS burning! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 09-26-2011, 06:02 PM   #11
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
I wonder if they were covered with Insurance for such an event?
I hope and pray they were.

Old 09-26-2011, 06:04 PM   #12
Killer Chams
The pics on their facebook are truly sickening. I dont know if I could handle lossing so much in one night. Chad and his employees lost yrs of breeding projects. No insurance can repay the man hrs and the loss of such magnificent snakes that Chad had on hand. He can get the money and rebuild but it will be yrs before he's even remotely back. Fires are just devastating. We've been battling wildfires all around Houston and the loss of property and animals is awful. Prayers go out to Pro Exotics and their staff during this hard time.

Old 09-26-2011, 06:30 PM   #13
akaangela
If anyone knows if they have a paypal account set up for donations please let me know. I feel so sorry for them. I am sure it hurts so bad to see all the animals die. I am speechless.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:03 PM   #14
SamanthaJane13
There aren't words to express my sorrow at the loss of all your beautiful animals!!

May God heal your heart-aches and help you through your grief!!

My prayers are with you!!

RIP, little ones!!!

Old 09-26-2011, 08:55 PM   #15
CynCD
Updated story at FOX 31 Denver, only one boa constrictor survived:

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-2alarm...,1636147.story

Old 09-26-2011, 09:09 PM   #16
RichsBallPythons
Heres Robyns Post not long ago

Quote:
Hey everyone.

First of all, SO MUCH THANKS AND APPRECIATION for the love and support. How awesome. On a horrible day, how awesome to have that kind of community.

The burglar alarm went off because the building got so hot the front windows cracked and blew out, setting off the first alarm. The alarm company called and woke me at 5:45am with the alarm issue. They sent police. It didn't sound good, so I got up, brushed my teeth, and got dressed. 5 minutes later they called back and said they had reports of smoke pouring out of the building. This portion of the building is 4500 sq ft of warehouse space, where we keep all of our snakes, temp guns, offices, and other inventory.

I arrived 15 minutes later as a few fire crews were trying to cut through the garage doors/loading bays.

Once they got through, oxygen got in, and giant flames came shooting out.

It took a few hours to get the fire under control, and a few more for smoke to clear. We finally got to go inside at 4pm. It was worse inside than it looked from the outside. Everything gone, just melted. Dead animals everywhere.

Amazingly enough, one adult boa lived (but her cage did not?!?!???) and half a dozen Coxi juvies. We also were able to save some incubating eggs from the office area. Maybe a dozen total. So weird.

Ironically, the Sloan Bros came by yesterday to drop off a Champagne male for us. Nice timing boys : )

We appreciate all the support. I am astounded by the offers of charity, fund raising, and straight up offers of free animals to build a collection back. Wow.

But that is not what we need right now. We have weeks of cleanup and an entire life to put back together. Small steps. Basic steps.

I have to hire two strongmen to pick me up off the floor once this hits me, cause it's gonna be big, I'm sure.

Life is so weird. But so good. I have an amazing wife, an amazing friend in Chad, Captain Pleasant in Andy and PE Jimmy. We find strength in each other, and when we falter, we find strength in you guys.

It REALLY DOES make a difference, your support has an impact. I don't know what the future holds, but I have a size 12 stepping right to it : )

I cannot begin to explain the horror and sickness of walking through the facility and seeing so much death everywhere. At your feet, on shelves, all around you. Haunting, and so sad.

The cause is for the fire inspector and insurance guys to determine exactly.

Being out of almost all inventory, both live and merchandise, we will have to figure out a way to move forward with customers.

ShipYourReptiles is independent of the facility, and our guy Kevin is still on the ball and on top of things for SYR, so there is no interruption or effect with SYR.

I will be attending the Tinley Show as SYR, but won't have anything to offer on the PE side of things. I look forward to seeing you guys there.

Again, the support is humbling, and so powerful. Thank you all.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:12 AM   #17
chamgirl99471
The pictures posted on their Facebook Page are devastating and extremely hard to look at Just looking at them it's a miracle that the Boa survived and anything else! Praying that they can get back on their feet and get this whole situation under control!

Old 09-27-2011, 10:17 AM   #18
TheFragginDragon
Very sad news indeed. I have to believe that smart businessmen like Chad and Robyn were insured to the hilt, considering the value of the animals kept there. I'm sure that they'll be able to rebound.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:19 AM   #19
chamgirl99471
According to a news report I just watched..they are trying now to determine the cause of the fire and how much the insurance will cover for their losses

Old 09-27-2011, 05:12 PM   #20
Killer Chams
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFragginDragon View Post
Very sad news indeed. I have to believe that smart businessmen like Chad and Robyn were insured to the hilt, considering the value of the animals kept there. I'm sure that they'll be able to rebound.
m
Insurance will cover the monetary value of what was lost. Money cant replace the animals that are gone forever. Yrs of breeding certain bloodlines are gone. I know they had some really rare morphs that few others had. Im in the insurance business and I'll be the first to say that insurance will never cover everything lost in a disaster or storm. Its not designed to do so. What its designed to do is keep a business or individual from sustaining a catastrophic loss that cant be recovered from otherwise. Even with insurance it takes yrs to rebound from something like this.

Prayers go out to you all at PE. I also pray you get a great adjuster to work with. That can make the process so much smoother.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!