Brother, sister allegedly smuggled rare boa constrictor into US (Jeremy Stone) - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 01-28-2014, 05:44 PM   #41
burmbreeder5
realy people its just about money im sure they will come to a deal and everything will be fine .

did you all forget about the first albino burmese pythons also stolen from out of country

Old 01-31-2014, 04:00 AM   #42
terminusthrall
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
For anyone interested in reading the Lacey Act, I've attached a PDF to this reply. Please note the section about forfeiture. Think on that for a moment....
I am not sure that the offspring would be subject to forfeiture since they are not necessarily under the lacey act. the boa from Belize is almost certainly in violation but since the offspring are not of a prohibited species, it may not be clear that they are in violation of the lacey act from my reading (despite their dubious origin). there are lots of portions which refer to the the sale and transport of animals taken or imported illegally, and sections regarding the offspring of prohibited species. But i do not see sections regarding the offspring of non-prohibited species that were taken illegally. I am not sure that the section regarding the purchase of animals that were taken/imported illegally even would apply since the offspring were presumably transported within the statutes of the lacey act.

Old 05-08-2014, 11:44 PM   #43
bcr229
Another article from this week, no real updates except apparently it's very difficult to keep BCC/BCI healthy in a small, confined space... which is news to most anyone here!

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...ficking-world/

Old 08-04-2014, 12:23 PM   #44
Scooter1685
Just noticed that Jeremy posted an update on his site a few days ago, regarding this case. Thought I'd share it.

"We have come to a Resolution with the United State in the Case of USA vs. Jeremy Stone. We Apologize for any Harm and Embarrassment this has caused my family, the Reptile Community and my Country. Our Indictment has been dropped with our Agreement.

We will NOT discuss any facts of the case due to pending litigation in a foreign South American nation, and we will defend those allegations.

We entered an agreement with the USA and we will abide by the terms the USA has set forth.

In Short: USA promises Jeremy Stone not to seize anymore animals from Jeremy Stone, or go after any Customers I have sold animals to as part of the PRINCESS DIAMOND PROJECT. I will not be allowed to use Import/Export Licenses for the period of One year. The USA has agreed to Drop the Indictment and Felony Counts against Jeremy or Kara Stone.

We appreciate the support of our Family, Friends, and Customers during this difficult time. We are allowed to Run our business as Normal. We are satisfied with our Legal Team, and we hold no ill will towards the USA in this matter. We agree to their terms, and they have agreed to ours.

As I have publicly said before in my youtube channel, we have retired this Male from breeding back in 2012. I will explain the genetics of this and other projects in Due time shortly.

We will NOT TAKE MEDIA CALLS or comment to Outlets, as many have not gotten it right. We don't agree with the book that is written about Jeremy and will call it FICTION. We still have some litigation to do. However, today is a day of Peace.

Make sure you go check out all our Auctions that close tonight on the ring.

Thank You, Jeremy Stone"

Old 09-29-2014, 05:27 PM   #45
Occidentalis
I didn't think I was going to get involved with this at all, but I wanted to share:

On Facebook recently, in some boa constrictor group, the Stones posted an image of a princess diamond boa. I commented on the picture with some reference to it being smuggled - can't find it anymore, so I don't know what I said exactly, but something simple and silly like, "Smuggled animals get out". I then got an inbox message from Jeremy Stone and when I blocked him, from Kara (now blocked as well). Both are attached.

Apparently they are trying to scare people from spreading the news that they are involved in this ordeal by threatening lawsuits. Where have we seen that before? Hmmm? Nowhere on this website, I'm sure

It's strong-arming and stupid, and reflects on the character of these individuals. It irks me that they think they can bully (17?) people into being quiet, but makes me mostly laugh that they threaten lawsuit over a private message statement that I made intentionally generic.

So, anyone else "Captured on Screenshot"?
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2014, 05:34 PM   #46
wohlerswi
lmao

If you serve me papers, hide them in a fake pregnancy belly...

Lol that has to be one of the best most suiting lines I have seen in a long time! Amen!
Will Wohlers

Old 12-11-2014, 03:34 PM   #47
snowboalover
It's obvious he smuggled it in based on reading what Brazilian investigators uncovered but the one thing they haven't disclosed is how or where the animal slipped into the country. The argument isn't about whether the animal would've lived if they had not broken the law which I'm sure they ended up saving the animal's life but that's not the issue. It was illegal what they did and should of had to serve time, just like anyone else, reputable breeder or not, for their crime. I don't know why or how they both got off with just a slap on the wrist for committing a federal offense it just proves that there's no equal justice here in the US.

Old 11-07-2015, 03:18 PM   #48
Dragon king 24-7
Mind your own business. No one asked u. Im not scared of the punk ass feds. Lol mind your own business, you'll live longer. & ppl wont want to beat your ass for being nosey for butting in on a convo that didnt include you.

Old 11-07-2015, 05:25 PM   #49
Occidentalis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon king 24-7 View Post
Mind your own business. No one asked u. Im not scared of the punk ass feds. Lol mind your own business, you'll live longer. & ppl wont want to beat your ass for being nosey for butting in on a convo that didnt include you.
What an intelligent and rational response, you've convinced me.

Old 11-07-2015, 06:49 PM   #50
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon king 24-7 View Post
I'm sorry - did this conversation include YOU? Why then, are you not minding your own business? Oh, that's right - it's a public forum. (You knew that, right?)
You might want to tone down the tough guy nonsense - part of your post could easily be perceived as a threat.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!