Evolution and venomous snakes: Diet distinguishes look-alikes on two continents - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:03 PM   #11
Fangthane
Hey, look, we both enjoy quoting fiction! Despite the glaring differences, it's often the little things that help bind us. Attack me all you like. While comical, it doesn't change anything. It's equally comical to see a theist citing (plagiarizing, actually) religious propaganda to attack a perceived lack of fact or proof. Organized religion is notorious for its love of objectivity, proof and facts If only the scientific method were applied to matters of faith. That's about the point I was making.

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolib...0/misconcep_09

Old 06-16-2014, 06:09 PM   #12
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanozig View Post
Also, If I have truly offended Dan, and he thinks I am that low of a person, or if I have offended anyone else by my posting. I apologize.
Yeah, like your intent wasn't clear. Don't worry, I'm used to seeing what small-minded people do when they put themselves in an indefensible position. Your idiocy is all i really find offensive. What a joke.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:19 PM   #13
kanozig
Dan, so you are great behind a keyboard. Thats fine, So you think plagiarizers are the lowest form, of whatever, thats fine, so its obvious you do not like religion, maybe specifically Christianity, thats ok too. When it comes to Evolution, I cannot think of one solid form of evidence that can clearly show proof it exists. Just like you cannot accept religion. or a God (thats an assumption based on your picture) If you want me to start hitting below the belt, like it looks like you want me to do to and antagonize me. Thats fine also. You haven't brought up anything really other than I am a plagiarizing, small minded idiot. Those are your thoughts and you are entitled to them. Its not about me putting myself in a indefensible position. What would you have me defend? I admitted my mistake. I have apologized for that mistake, directly to you. And I simply stated a fact. Snakes with similar features have adapted. IF it were evolution. then they would be two different animals. Because they are not different. They have not evolved. IF they are "evolving" well, thats different, but it still can not be proven, because it is much more likely they have just adapted. And Evolution (it its purest form) cannot be PROVEN in this case until they have changed ever so much so that you do not recognize its a snake.

Does that make sense?

Old 06-16-2014, 06:44 PM   #14
Fangthane
You go right ahead and hit below the belt, as if that isn't what you've already been trying. Gonna pop right back in and apologize a few minutes later, in a transparent attempt to reclaim some moral high road? And I'm the hypocrite.. Your stances are no less impossible to prove than my own, yet you're the one in here harping on a lack of proof. If only you had the capacity to extend that need to other aspects of life. Anyway, despite your best efforts, you just can't blithely divorce adaptation from evolution.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:54 PM   #15
kanozig
Those are your thoughts. not mine. I called you a hypocrite yes, because what you quoted was not referenced. I am sure you and I can go on and on about this subject for days, with what looks like a audience of one. You DID call me a small minded idiot who is very ""low" according to you... Fortunately for me, your words have little meaning. You have no credibility on Fauna and I cannot say that you do or do not in real life either. You speak as if plagiarizing is a sin right from out of the bible, or quran, or torah itself, as if God were to directly punish me for spreading the truth. Isn't someone who stays online all day blasting forums called a troll? I am not on here enough to verify that, but it would seem like that is what you do..... Bottom line, you say it yourself, you do not want friends, you do not want private messages, you do not want people looking at your profile. You seem like a unhappy person, who does not like people of religious beliefs, possibly people in general.

"Fangthane
Not interested in PMs, Friend Requests, or whatever else may have brought you to my profile. Take it elsewhere."

Old 06-16-2014, 07:07 PM   #16
Fangthane
"Spreading the truth.." So your own side's lack of proof somehow equates to their being the sole possessors of fact? Clearly a subject you've put consideral objective thought into. Thanks for the laughs. Wow...

Old 06-16-2014, 07:14 PM   #17
kanozig
It is not a matter of sides. This is not a football game. My belief is based mainly on faith. If your belief is based on science and "scientists" then I would say you are just as idiotic as I am. If your belief is based on faith... Well.... Having faith in nothing does not equate to much.... does it? You never really made your points clear. Other then a link to a diagram of grabble and other then trying to call me out because it would seem people with faith based beliefs upset you greatly. Other then that, you just laugh a lot... I guess I make you laugh... I am glad I can at least make you do that!

Old 06-16-2014, 08:21 PM   #18
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanozig View Post
Having faith in nothing does not equate to much.... does it?
By basing your beliefs on faith, you're simply advocating a system that has a documented history of working to remove conscious thought and analysis from the equation. By having faith in nothing, maybe I'm more open to accepting any possibility - even one so tragically unlikely as the existence of your god. Thoughts and opinions are easily amended, with the introduction of new facts. Once something is elevated to the point where it becomes a part of one's fundamental belief system, it's much harder to shake.

While you're lauding your conscious choice to be guided by that which is the opposite of knowledge or fact; I'm simply pointing out the inherent idiocy behind seeing faith as being somehow disproving of science. One requires - no, demands - that conscious thought be put into disproving it. The other is literally the polar opposite. Between- the two, the sensible choice seems obvious. Well, at least to those who have some interest in actually knowing what is fact. If fairy tales are all you require as proof, I guess I'm wasting my virtual breath. Be sure to let me know when someone unearths a dinosaur wearing a saddle.

Old 06-16-2014, 08:56 PM   #19
kanozig
Wow, you are lost... Its really no point at this time, yes you won this conversation and this whole thread. You just sewed together a bunch of confusing mumble jumble in the attempt to look smart and confuse me.... If you are open minded and believe, well, not much, until you see it... What keeps you from killing people? your conscious? where'd you get your conscious from? your rear end? I am following faith, what are you following? facts? Fact, there is not one example of evolution where one animal turned into another. period.

"Thoughts and opinions are easily amended, with the introduction of new facts"

That just means you are more gullible and susceptible.

and when the "green aliens come here in peace as your space brothers" you will eat it all up.

Old 06-16-2014, 09:24 PM   #20
Fangthane
You need a book to tell you right from wrong...but I'm the one who's lost? I suppose that there is one advantage to stupidity - you're not nearly bright enough to realize you're afflicted with it. Such blissful ignorance it must be. Have fun with that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!