Evolution and venomous snakes: Diet distinguishes look-alikes on two continents - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 06-20-2014, 02:53 PM   #31
kanozig
that is your opinion.

Old 06-20-2014, 09:06 PM   #32
englishaussie
Yes it is.

Religion is like a penis, ok to have one just dont wave it around in public or try to shove it down my throat.

Old 06-20-2014, 09:27 PM   #33
kanozig
thats great. thanks again for your opinion. Care to comment on the article at hand instead of making jabs at certain people with certain beliefs? And for the record, If you are implying me pushing religion.... You wouldn't even know what religion I am because I really didn't give specifics... I do not even recall saying I personally was "religious" ... So if you are refereeing to people who believe in 'God' or a creator, well then you are talking about probably half or more of the people on this planet. Sorry, I didn't realize my "penis" was waving around public, and I didn't realize I was trying to stick it in your throat....

Comparing "religion to a penis" is simply childish and ignorant. But again, thats your opinion and that is my opinion.

That would be like saying:

" Your opinion is like a toilet, full of crap"

Or,

"gays" are like a penis, ok to be one just dont wave it around in public or try to shove it down my throat.

"republicans" are like a penis, ok to be one just dont wave it around in public or try to shove it down my throat.

"muslims" are like a penis, ok to be one just dont wave it around in public or try to shove it down my throat.

"atheists" are like a penis, ok to be one just dont wave it around in public or try to shove it down my throat.

"clowns" are like a penis, ok to be one just dont wave it around in public or try to shove it down my throat.

"_______" are like a penis, ok to be one just dont wave it around in public or try to shove it down my throat.

Old 06-20-2014, 09:51 PM   #34
englishaussie
Ha, worked like a charm.

Believe what you want i dont care, but this forum is for reptile related articles not some GOD BOTHERER disputing evolution.

Have a nice day. Bye

Old 06-20-2014, 09:55 PM   #35
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishaussie View Post
public
Discussion here tends at times to be broader than the original post. If religious view was brought up, I think we should be free to talk about it with each other as long as we are courteous. Or are you saying (I hope not) that topics such as religion should not be permitted to be discussed?

Old 06-20-2014, 09:59 PM   #36
kanozig
right......... Well, you are more then welcome to comment on how "two snakes evolved" into well.... "two snakes"

And if they are simply "evolving" and its taking "time" then I guess no one can be sure if they are really evolving and haven't just adapted. I mean... can anyone give an example of an animal evolving thats been documented and proven? I really do not think that is possible.

Which brings me back to PAGE ONE on this forum before I was "called out of my religious closet" and called a low, small minded idiot.

first comment, Page one clearly clearly states my "being" here... You make it sound like "religion has already been made illegal" like in communist china... Thats what they do there "If the nanny state does not like a certain group of people, they just shut them up and kill them"

I mean.. I do have a first amendment right, a right to QUESTION EVOLUTION... my goodness....

Have a nice day also Andrew. Bye

Old 06-20-2014, 11:28 PM   #37
englishaussie
Yes you do kevin & i have the right to counter that view. If you wanna believe in a higher power then fine, i dont. Geological records, fossil records, evolution etc are all proven sciences. i believe in science & facts, not a 2000 year old story book, no offense intended.

I was just teasing you & got the result i expected but i have no hard feelings, so enjoy your life & your faith whatever that may be. Take care kevin & good bye.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:47 PM   #38
kanozig
Ok Andrew I understand. You seem reasonable. I just wouldn't go tell some faithful muslim guy on the street peacefully preaching that his religion is like a penis and to keep Allah and muhammad to himself because they are man made.... Depending on the individual, he may take offense, or worse.... Well no one has to belief or accept any religion, it would be the same as if I do not have to believe or accept fornication, transgenderism, crack heads on the street. But I most certainly do not want to offend those people or upset them. Joke or not, upsetting peoples faiths and or religion can be hurtful and harmful (sometimes to yourself)

I hope this page can have some closure. Though my main question has not been answered, and no facts have been laid out before me. I respect people who want to believe in monkeys and monkey men.

as it was so brilliantly put before by some great Scholar.

"Evolution is like a penis. Keep that crap in your pants and don't let that crap out because who knows if its diseased, and it could mutate one billion times over and evolve into a flesh eating vagina dinosaur with wings.... that..... isn't a monkey, but if we saw it today, we would say its a monkey " - Unknown poet

God bless

Old 06-20-2014, 11:58 PM   #39
englishaussie
Cool kevin, to answer your initial question, the santa catalina island rattler is losing its rattle as there is no use for it & the Australian yellow bellied three toed skink is changing from egg laying in favor of live birth. Is this evolution in action? adaptation in action / many would say they are the same thing.

All the best.

Old 06-21-2014, 12:14 AM   #40
kanozig
no it does not, the skink has always produced live and has always egg layed since the beginning of scientists studying it. it is possible the eggs simply hatch inside the mother similar to a cockroach and has yet to be documented. the snake is not losing its rattler, it is simply lacking one. Again. That is not solid proof whatsoever....

No offense... But one could argue obesity is due in part to evolution and more and more people globally are becoming overweight because we are "Evolving" ....

It would be much easier and simple to admit its mainly due to processed foods that have been genetically/ chemically modified/ altered.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!