Inquiry on bearded pets? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-15-2004, 09:17 PM   #21
JungleShadows
what does the church gotta do with it?

All the prayers won't help you.

You bred a rare gecko species and didnt take pics? I breed lots of reptiles and I still take pics even if it is my leopard geckos.

If you didn't have a bunch of different names from a bunch of different places, using a bunch of borrowed (chokes chokes) pictures, and had some even tiny proof of what you claim it may help you.

But hey your in FL. correct? wow G looky here Me too. So how bout it wanna show a fellow nieghbor that you really are legit?

I could come over you could come here. What ya think?

Old 02-15-2004, 09:45 PM   #22
Intense Herpetoculture
You told me several times you would send me pics fo the Dracos, never did, I mean, I am very interested, and I would buy them in a heardbeat if you turn out ligit, now prove it, send me pics!!! Otherwise, why can't you see why we thinkyoua re a fraud, really, stealing people's pics, that is illegal, even if you state that they are their pics or not!

Old 02-16-2004, 12:49 AM   #23
Steve Hoch
Long post, but complete!

Actually I haven’t commented because I spent the weekend with my girlfriend. It looks like I have a lot of responding to do so I guess I will start anywhere.

First, I have two e-mails. One is a shoch04@providence.edu (a school related e-mail used for school purposes mostly), and a second e-mail geckoholic@hotmail.com (used for all my reptile related e-mails). Neither of them are “false e-mails” because well they both work, and second I don’t consider two e-mails to be “many.” So you “many false e-mail” comment makes no sense.

Second, I am a smalltime reptile hobbyist so your comment that competitors are attacking you is ridiculous. This is a small hobby and it is important that people know the good guys from the bad guys. For this reason alone I felt obligated to post.

Third, lets attack the issue of my being fraudulent! I challenge you to quote a lie from me in regards to your business. I am going to sum up our e-mail transactions; you tell me if anything I say is incorrect.

You posted an ad for cb masobe, I inquire and asked for pictures. You send me a picture that was taken from Nathan halls website, and according to him that photo, along with many others, belongs to Jerry P. After finding this out I decided to see how much you were willing to lie about the photo being yours so I asked how old the animal was when the picture was taken and if I could keep the picture. You told me the gecko was half a year old when the picture was taken and that I could keep it but not to use it to sell animals. Ironic wouldn’t you say….

I then requested to see pictures of ONLY the actual CB geckos, giving you the benefit of that doubt that maybe, just maybe you sent me the wrong picture by mistake. You replied saying your camera was broken. I said I would wait for it to be fixed. Two days later I get 3 pictures. One didn’t work, but two did. Both animals were Cleary WC. One of them didn’t even have a tail. I e-mailed you back sayings that it is sad that you would try and pass off obviously wc animals as cb, and that I sincerely hope you change your business practices.

You responded saying that the 3rd pic that didn’t work was the picture of the CB masobe and that the other 2 pictures were of wc masobe (like I said), and that those were the parents. So again even with all these complications I said ok resend the 3rd picture, thinking lets give this one more shot. You sent the 3rd picture. Compare to the other 2 masobe in the previous pictures the pair of masboe in the 3rd pic looked good. I am not connived they were cb because their body look a bit thin and their colors were dull, not pitch black like the alert very healthy masobe I have seen in the past, but they had fat tails. So, even if they were wc I was willing to take a chance on them. You are asking the same price for the “cb” animals as others do for “wc,” so whatever, they were worth a shot in my mind, cb or not. It is only $200 and with animals of this track record there is a good chance they will die no matter whom I get them from.

So, I e-mailed you back saying I would take them. I was a bit concerned because I put down your business practices in my last e-mail. For good reason I don’t trust you, and was worried you might send me a different pair that was in really bad shape. So, I wanted to be on your goods side when you sent the animals. As a result in my reply I very nice and flattering, saying that I like the pair and that they were so much nicer then the parents. I even went on to say I was glad you have acted so professional even after all the complications, and that I said I would send out the money express mail.

How did you respond to this e-mail? You insulted me saying you would never promise a animal to someone again because I kept changing my mind about weather I wanted them or not. (If you had send the 3rd picture to me from day one none of this would have happened. YOU caused all the complications. It is not my fault you sent a pic that wasn’t yours, claimed it was yours, then had a broken camera, and then messed up again sending the pictures!) I was upset by this e-mail but held my tongue and only replied saying oh well it all worked out so although it took a while we didn’t waste our time. You replied and again threw an insult and said you would wait for the MO but wouldn’t hold your breath! All this after I called you professional for keeping your cool during the complications!

Anyways I have all the e-mails so I can verify every word I said! Lawsuit…lol….

After all that again, I propose my original challenge. Find one thing in I have said that isn’t true!

Oh and “Jon Trunk” exactly who are you? I see you think you have me all figure out, but from my record this is the first time we have “met.” Up to now I have been corresponding with an Elena Egidi!

Steve Hoch

Old 02-17-2004, 12:58 PM   #24
Steve Hoch
Sorry I just noticed there are a few typos in my above post, but I think everyone gets the idea. If anyone needs any clarifications let me know.

I too also want to know why you haven’t tried to explain why you “Jon Trunk” are Florida; however, I was told by Elena Egidi to send the Money to Georgia! What’s going on here? I know you haven’t moved because you just found out about this website, as a result you must have made your profile in the last two weeks. You both claim to have the geckos, but if one is living in the northern portion of Georgia and the other is somewhere in Florida, how can this be possible. You are at the very least over 250 miles from each other!

I am also going to include a picture of the “cb” masobe. For all of those who have had a lot of experience with imported masobe lets here what you think.

Steve Hoch
Attached Images

Old 02-17-2004, 10:01 PM   #25
geckosunlimited
captive bred H. taylori

Now they are offering captive bred Hemitheconyx taylori . This is just sad.

There is absolutely no need for me to comment on the rude post made by Bearded Pets. My reputation speaks for itself. Your silly jabs were comical.

Old 02-17-2004, 10:14 PM   #26
KelliH
I think that P. masobe picture speaks for itself. Those are obviosly wild caught recent imports.

I just saw the ad for the H. taylori myself and I think it is just utter b.s. that they are trying to pass off wild caughts as cb. That is so dishonest, heck it's fraud! I hope anyone considering purchasing any animals from these jokers checks the BOI beforehand.

Bearded Pets: Honesty goes a long way in this business, and news travels fast. If you want to sell wild caught herps, represent them as such. I for one would pay good money for an established pair or group of either P. masobe or H. taylori. I have wanted to work with both of those for years. If you had been honest in your ads I may have contacted you about them. Your blatent disregard of the truth about the animals ensures I will never do business with you. Shame on you.

Old 02-17-2004, 10:45 PM   #27
The BoidSmith
Quote:
RARE ETHIOPIAN FAT TAIL GECKO ! CB ADULTS ! DEAL!
WILL SHIP ANYWHERE IN CONTINENTAL USA!!!
Posted by Bearded Pets (Contact Me!) on February 17, 2004 at 20:44:41

HI THESE ARE VERY COOL AND SWEET AS A DOG !! CB ADULTS !!
FOR THE GREAT PRICE OF ONLY $500 TO GOOD HOME !!

Dear Customers and Competitors ,
This is a family owned business and we breed many different types of reptiles. All of the animals we list are CB unless otherwise noted. We sell are animals with a 100% Health Guarantee , We believe in good deals so we keep are prices reasonable, If you are interested please give us your name, address and phone # so we can reserve the animal for you. We want the very best for you and your new pet!! We believe in quality and great deals , And if we don’t have it in are adds tell us what your interested in and we can get it for you!!! This is a family business and by family I mean the whole family, we are located in GA, FL, NY, and AZ. Remember we always strive to do are best !!! This is what makes a Family business so special!!! We sincerely thank you for looking at our adds and hope you have an AWESOME day.
Sincerely, All of us from Bearded Pets!!

Old 02-17-2004, 10:49 PM   #28
JungleShadows
whats with these gays???

here is there latest posst for the ads.

Dear Customers and Competitors ,
This is a family owned business and we breed many different types of reptiles. All of the animals we list are CB unless otherwise noted. We sell are animals with a 100% Health Guarantee , We believe in good deals so we keep are prices reasonable, If you are interested please give us your name, address and phone # so we can reserve the animal for you. We want the very best for you and your new pet!! We believe in quality and great deals , And if we don’t have it in are adds tell us what your interested in and we can get it for you!!! This is a family business and by family I mean the whole family, we are located in GA, FL, NY, and AZ. Remember we always strive to do are best !!! This is what makes a Family business so special!!! We sincerely thank you for looking at our adds and hope you have an AWESOME day.
Sincerely, All of us from Bearded Pets!!

Funny how they only breed the rare stuff, it all says c.b. even what is not being bred often in captivity. Also funny how all the importers are bringing in the very same animals right now. coincidence? i dont think so. I mean the nerve of these gays I tell ya.

Oh yeah and the only thing I seen that said c.b.b. was a reptile that is not imported coincidence? NOT

They are all a family? thats why they don't have the same last names and are not even of the same ethnic haha get real who do they think they are fooling??

I have yet to get any pictures from these gay's they all say the cams are broke.

Oh and just cause you buy a enhanced account doesn't make you legit.

Please spread the word on these gay's and lets try to put an end to this madness.

Old 02-17-2004, 10:55 PM   #29
Ken Harbart
Let's talk about legalities for a moment, since there seems to be a legal beagle in this thread who doesn't have a clue.

Firstly, I could care less if you're upset that "private" information has been posted. Whether you like it or not, names and addresses are still a matter of public record, with very limited exceptions.

Secondly, since you wanted to bring up legalities, shall we discuss your outright theft of others' intellectual property and fraudulent use thereof? Your violations of US copyright law are quite blatent.

Thirdly, let's touch upon fraud, since you also like to accuse others of that which you are guilty. I find it intriguing that you are complaining that your "private" information, which is an address in GA, yet your profile lists your location as FL. I can see where it might be easy to get the two confused...well, not really. Bearing in mind that you registered from, and are posting from, a dial-up account from the Atlanta area, I'd suggest changing your profile to reflect your true location.

Old 02-17-2004, 11:42 PM   #30
JasonDescamps
Just thought I would update the story a bit. Now, a day after a shipment from Tanzania arries, they have adult captive born c. melleri? And they only want the imprt price for them? Wow, what a deal almost as good as the captive born uroplatus fimbriatus for $100 each. It's time to fess up or get out.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!