Reticulated pythons owners, I need your help - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-23-2008, 09:50 PM   #1
lilkeezy
Reticulated pythons owners, I need your help

How calm and decile are baby retics? I been reading so much informations about them, And they say they are calm and decile depends on the owner of the snake. They arent defansive like baby burmese are they?

Old 03-23-2008, 10:20 PM   #2
Junkyard
My experience has been that they are extremely docile. It is only in feed mode that one needs to be really careful. They go all out if they think they are getting food. Having a regular feeding schedule and being able to move them out of the cage to feed is ideal. Once adults that is a different story, so maybe having another cage will do the trick. I have owned two burms, one was docile, the other was not. All of the retics I owned were wonderful.

Are you looking to purchase one?

Old 03-23-2008, 10:22 PM   #3
lilkeezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard
My experience has been that they are extremely docile. It is only in feed mode that one needs to be really careful. They go all out if they think they are getting food. Having a regular feeding schedule and being able to move them out of the cage to feed is ideal. Once adults that is a different story, so maybe having another cage will do the trick. I have owned two burms, one was docile, the other was not. All of the retics I owned were wonderful.

Are you looking to purchase one?
Yes sire, But it wont be till round my birthday in june my moms rules lol. Im looking for a normal baby retic.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:44 PM   #4
Junkyard
Not to be a downer here, but is your mother aware of their size capabilities? I have a friend with a 9 foot retic, but it is smaller than my 9 foot boa in girth, so even at that size they are not too difficult to handle. Concern arises when they start getting to large. Babies are easy to find, make sure you get a CBB instead of a CH or WC. They are easier to deal with. For a reference, nose rubs are common, so make sure they always have a cage that you may think is too large.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:50 PM   #5
lilkeezy
Quote:
Not to be a downer here, but is your mother aware of their size capabilities? I have a friend with a 9 foot retic, but it is smaller than my 9 foot boa in girth, so even at that size they are not too difficult to handle. Concern arises when they start getting to large. Babies are easy to find, make sure you get a CBB instead of a CH or WC. They are easier to deal with. For a reference, nose rubs are common, so make sure they always have a cage that you may think is too large.
My mom had a reticulated python back in her younger years so shes well aware. But shes not really a big fan of retics, I got a 20 gollon tank that had my female burmese but i sold her, I couldnt deal with her nomore *hint* my girlfriend got to scared of it being nippy,

Old 03-24-2008, 12:05 AM   #6
Junkyard
Good she knows about them, that is always a plus! When you get one post some pics. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. I loved my retics, but I sold them and stuck with boas, they were more my kind of creature and I can have more room for boas than retics. Good luck and have fun finding one!

Old 03-24-2008, 01:21 AM   #7
lilkeezy
Alright thank you, You been a great help, And when i get one the thing im going to do is take buncha pictures, After my burmese digest his food im going to take couple of pictures to show everybody how big he gotton, I finnaly gotton him to eat a small rat im so happy.

Old 03-24-2008, 06:04 PM   #8
lilkeezy
You been alot of help thank you, But my mom wont let me get a reticulated python, So im getting a female pastel red tail boa for my male colombian red tail boa, Even tho it wont be for bout 18 months from now till i can get them to breed.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:18 PM   #9
Junkyard
There you go, my love is in boas, it will probably be better for you in the long run. Where are you getting your pastel female from?

Old 03-24-2008, 09:22 PM   #10
lilkeezy
Quote:
There you go, my love is in boas, it will probably be better for you in the long run. Where are you getting your pastel female from?
I got my snakes from spider reptile herper, Who my family got our first burmese which grown to 15+long. Red tail boas he sells for 150 pretty fair and cheap, We been knownin him for many many years and the best herper i know in the whole state of ga, Unless you selling a female redtail boa or know someone who is or giving it for free i be happy to take it lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!