I Finally got a Bull Snake too - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-18-2010, 09:39 PM   #1
jtupper
I Finally got a Bull Snake too

Well ever since I first started studying herps, I longed for a bull snake. Of course once I was out on my own and could get any snake I wanted. Naturally, I started with boas, then balls, then kings, and now I got my first pit. She's a Kingsville Bull hatched in '09. She's also full of piss and vinegar which i guess is kind of standard for them and what makes them so dang fun...though she's small, she still keeps me on my toes. I'll likely be looking for a mate for her at the carolina reptile expo next month

Cheers,
Jason

Old 08-18-2010, 10:10 PM   #2
Greatballzofire
Your Kingsville red is a really pretty girl! Bull snakes rock!

My pair of Kingsville red x Stillwater hypos 09, just after a shed this spring. They are a lot bigger now! I have tried separating them but every time I do the brother freaks out, looking for his sister in a panic. When they are hungry they come out from under their hides and watch me until I feed them. The brother is quite social, even liking attention when he is not hungry.

Old 08-19-2010, 06:33 AM   #3
jtupper
Thanks! That's a mighty fine pair you have there. Your male sounds like a lot of fun.

Jason

Old 08-24-2010, 09:51 PM   #4
Goldtop
Awesome! I am really taken by these bulls!

Old 08-25-2010, 09:48 AM   #5
Greatballzofire

They are a hoot, for sure! LOL!

A couple of months ago I fed the male in a Critter keeper, but when I came back to check on him he had popped the lid off the Critter Keeper and escaped out the open front door. I found him around the corner of the house under the pool ladder platform, looking rather puzzled as to what to do next.

Old 08-26-2010, 05:32 PM   #6
WJS Herps
Very nice bulls, guys! I've always wanted a Louisiana pine...

Old 11-30-2010, 01:35 PM   #7
Ntyvirus
ive had a mystery bull snake for a few months now and hes definitely a character. got to watch him play with a mouse he killed in his water bowl for a good 3 minutes before he found the head. Ill post pics in teh next couple of days to try and get an ID on him.

Old 12-01-2010, 05:57 PM   #8
BigTattoo
What a beaut

Jason you may have waited but that bull was well worth the wait. She's gorgeous. Hope you find a equally nice male to go with her.

Hey Jerry Lee aka GreatBallzofFire aka Bob you better not lose him before he makes babies. I just got my 3 red bull girls yesterday and I'm still counting on you for a male.
BTW My yellow tails were in the same shipment, I'm so excited.

My bulls were a little on the cool side from shipping yesterday so I didn't take time to get pics as I wanted to get them in their nice warm enclosure. I'll try to get some this weekend and post them.

Old 12-01-2010, 10:17 PM   #9
Greatballzofire
BigTattoo aka Dave,
I am looking forward to pics of your female red bulls!

Old 12-02-2010, 08:46 AM   #10
jtupper
Thanks Dave, I'm really enjoying her and she is growing FAST

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!