Blacktail Cribos - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-01-2012, 09:15 PM   #1
Black Pearl Reptiles
Blacktail Cribos

I've been breeding blacktail cribos for a few years now, and I've found them to be an extremely rewarding species to be working with. This year, my partner and I have finally been able to produce babies from a different line that has more black mottling on the upper 1/3 of the body. We've been focusing on propagating our usual "clean" line with highly contrasting animals and now our "mottled" line.

Here are some pics of both hatchlings and adults from each line...

"Clean" Line Hatchling

"Clean" Line Adult

"Mottled" Line Hatchling

"Mottled" Line Adult

Old 07-01-2012, 09:27 PM   #2
Helenthereef
VERY nice!!

Old 07-03-2012, 11:44 AM   #3
stolenheron
Wow, what a difference! The mottled looks great John.

guess I'll have to buy a motled line female from you down the road to go with my male from last year!

Old 07-03-2012, 12:23 PM   #4
Black Pearl Reptiles
Thanks Chris!

I actually ended up male heavy on my mottled line and female heavy on the clean line!

Old 07-03-2012, 02:47 PM   #5
xThankless
Look spectacular, I still need to call you about those mussuranas.

Old 07-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #6
stolenheron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Pearl Reptiles View Post
Thanks Chris!

I actually ended up male heavy on my mottled line and female heavy on the clean line!
well a (clean) female would work for me too! haha.

Old 07-03-2012, 04:51 PM   #7
Black Pearl Reptiles
Zach- I have a yearling male mussy available now, and I'll have hatchlings available in about September.

Chris- I'm WAY female heavy on the cleans, so let me know when you're ready!

Old 07-09-2012, 10:46 PM   #8
condor53
Wow! Both the clean and mottled lines are some of the nicest Blacktails i have ever seen!

Old 07-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #9
stolenheron
john, what locale is the mottled line from? or was it all a CBB experiment?

Old 07-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #10
Black Pearl Reptiles
Chris,

I bought out the collection of a guy with a large drymarchon collection and these mottled blacktails came from him. He's somewhat reclusive and this was the first anims have left his collection. He claimed to have originally gotten them from Chuck Elliott many years ago. I have since added a few like animals to my mottled group from other sources. This year gave us our first mottled clutch. We should have a few mottled clutches next year.

Interestingly enough, my source for most of these mottled BTs also had some mottled looking unicolors which we also purchased and should produce next year!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!