Rare White Arctic Wolf Cubs - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > Mammals For Sale/Wanted Ads

Notices

Mammals For Sale/Wanted Ads Posting of classified ads by registered members is FREE!! But additional perks require contributing level memberships.

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 11:37 AM   #11
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKOVENO
Too Expensive.a Wolf`s Pelt Goes For Just 300 Bucks Let Alone A Hybrid.whose Gonna Buy Hybrids For 1250??
Regardless of whether or not I approve of selling wolf hybrids as PETS, that's what this man is doing. Selling PETS...not their SKINS.

Old 03-16-2006, 02:59 PM   #12
coyote
The buyer is responsible to the laws of his/her state. Seller can't be faulted for that.
The seller is responsible to the laws of his/her state. The buyer can't be faulted for that.

Old 03-20-2006, 03:57 PM   #13
NorthamExotics
THIS is why I absolutely HATE this format for advertising....

Old 05-15-2006, 03:10 AM   #14
bud8
Quote:
Originally Posted by old guy
a " anti-hybrid " law as well as an law on even a non-hybrid that is on wolf type hybrids ( my state even calls foxes against ) , who is responsible ? Both partys ? Meaning > me for receiving/buying, they for shipping/sending/selling to me ? Did anyone say USDA papers ? Are these Arctic hybrids exempt ? As it stands , there would of been a lot of paper work involved in my state to acquire these even if there wasn't a ban ( clarify > the ban is not enforced as of yet but in the working ) like having register the foxes with the county ( couldn't have one in a city or township ) and have to have a class 11 animal permit with county wildlife agent okaying................
Why would you say (Did anyone say USDA papers ) ,cause not all states reguire one.So he shouldn't have to say that.And it is also a breeders responsiblity to make sure they go to a responsible home to.I have been breeding them for a long time and i always check for a responsible buyer.

Old 08-05-2006, 07:44 PM   #15
Ariesexotic
Unhappy

I think hybreds are perfect pets if you have had previous experiences with exotic animals before. I volenteered at a wolf rescue and all those hybreds and pure wolfs were as sweet as pie. you just have to keep in mind that they are still part wild animals. I think ppl just give them a bad name like they have done with pitts and rotties. I am interested in hybreds and would like more information.

Old 08-05-2006, 07:47 PM   #16
Ariesexotic
Question

Does any one know how i could aquire a license for animal handling in mass or how i would find that information out on my own?

Old 09-15-2006, 04:31 AM   #17
sylent1
Arctic Wolves

Number ONE~Wolves and dogs are, at present, the SAME species...so referring to them as "hybrids" is incorrect. Number TWO~ anyone that has raised wolves or wolfdogs knows that pups should be moved to their new homes within the first six weeks so they can bond with the new "pack". I have raised wolves and wolfdogs for generations and altho they are difficult when one has other animals around (prey) I've never experienced anything but happiness with mine. They are beautiful and so much smarter than regular dogs that taining them is all but impossible!because you cannot build a compulsion in them. They will fetch or play-to a point and then drop the ball and walk away when they have had enough...whereas a dog would continue until he dropped because he has had a compulsion built in him. Ya MIGHT say you've created a "neurosis" in your pet. But aside from all that a responsible, affectionate owner should have no problems with wolf or wolfdog crosses.

Old 09-18-2006, 08:49 PM   #18
jaxom1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariesexotic
I think hybreds are perfect pets if you have had previous experiences with exotic animals before. I volenteered at a wolf rescue and all those hybreds and pure wolfs were as sweet as pie. you just have to keep in mind that they are still part wild animals. I think ppl just give them a bad name like they have done with pitts and rotties. I am interested in hybreds and would like more information.
My experience has been the opposite. Hybrids are unpredictable. Dogs and wolves have drastically different fear responses, and you simply cannot tell what a hybrid will turn out to be. I was lucky enough to rear a pair of 100% eastern timber wolves from three weeks of age on, and they are nothing like dogs in their temperament or how they respond to people, food, other animals, etc.

Old 09-18-2006, 09:38 PM   #19
sylent1
Once again...the term "hybrid " is NOT correct. Wolves and dogs are the SAME species....you are NOT "crossing" one species with another. I've had All the way from 100% to 38% and other than waiting till I went in the house to kill a few hundred dollars worth of goslings I have NEVER experienced the "unpredictableness" you speak of. My dogs, wolves, wolfdogs have ALL lived in the house and were allowed access to a large fenced backyard. I've had MORE problems with my dogs than with my wolfdogs as they tend to be more aggressive. The last wolfdog I had was a white 165 pound female. I had no problems with her nor any other that I have had...but PERHAPS the problem lies with the owner. Once again being irresponsible with ANY pet often results in bad press for the animal. Some people should not own dogs~and MOST people do not have the room to keep wolves. To say that they are "different " than dogs....and that their "fear response" is "different" seems gratuitous and generic.

Old 09-18-2006, 10:02 PM   #20
christopher66
Animal Finder Guide

Why haven't you put an add in the Animal Finders Guide?
It seems to me that would be a better venue to sell your animals.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread