snake pheromones - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Other Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-23-2016, 03:22 PM   #1
rare jewels
snake pheromones

Is it possible to get snake pheromones? I've asked pet stores if they have them and get told no. I'd like some black racer forum pheromones because I suck at snake hunting, and those seem to be the most commonly spotted snake in this part of Florida that's harmless. Can anyone help me out please? If I could find a snake on my own, I wouldn't bother asking.
God bless, Jason Irelan

Old 09-23-2016, 06:01 PM   #2
Robert Walker
I don't know about pheromones but here are some helpful hints to make a human size rodent costume?
Attached Images

Old 09-23-2016, 07:01 PM   #3
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
I don't know about pheromones but here are some helpful hints to make a human size rodent costume?
Nice. Sarky, but nice!

Old 09-25-2016, 03:05 PM   #4
rare jewels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
Nice. Sarky, but nice!
No, it's not nice; because it's no help. Does anyone know about snake pheromones? I know what they say about wild caught snakes being unhealthy, but every captive bred snake had to have descended from a wild caught one somewhere. If I had my druthers, I'd rather have a garter snake instead of shelling out $40 or more to a dealer that sells captive bread garter snakes because there's no excuse for charging that much when all they do is put two snakes together and let them have sex. I know that's not the case for racers because you also have to make sure as many eggs as possible hatch, but garters are live bearing snakes.
God bless, Jason Irelan

Old 09-25-2016, 09:50 PM   #5
Helenthereef
You're right of course, you made a serious request and we didn't take it very seriously. I'd judge though, from the lack of other responses, that the answer has to be no to the snake pheromones question. I've certainly never heard of it.

I did find (in another thread, not mine) a suggestion for a trap that might work if they are the most common snake in your area... apparently garter snakes can be caught like this:

"We use 5 gallon bucket traps: bury the bucket to the rim, a scrap piece of plywood to cover top, put 4 small rocks on each corner to give plywood a 1 inch gap from bucket, check daily."

Good luck!

Old 09-26-2016, 03:28 PM   #6
rare jewels
I seriously doubt that garter snakes are the most commonly spotted snakes in my neighborhood. We seem to get the black racers most of all. I've seen three living ones and only succeeded in catching one. If I still had that snake, I wouldn't be asking. So what's a good trap to lure a black racer?
God bless, Jason Irelan

Old 11-15-2016, 03:29 PM   #7
rare jewels
I could really stand some snake pheromones and wish there was someone who could supply some for me. If I tried fishing again and didn't know of any areas where I knew where they'd be, I'd be asking about fish pheromones instead to put on the hook.
God bless, Jason Irelan

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!