Duplicate Accounts & Member Name Change Requests - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 01-22-2017, 04:57 PM   #1
WebSlave
Exclamation Duplicate Accounts & Member Name Change Requests

This is just a reminder that the rule for this site is "One account per person, one person per account." Sorry, but no exceptions.

In this same vein, member name changes are a perk of paid membership. This is a manual process that I have to do and I have chosen to use this particular function as an enticement to try to encourage members to become paying members to support this site. Nine times out of ten such member name changes are being done because a member has decided to go commercial with what used to be a hobby, so it is only fitting that commercial entities help support this site in some small way.

Members found to have created a duplicate account, for whatever reason, no matter how long after it was created are subject to having the new account removed. That new account will either be deleted, or else merged into their original account, depending on the circumstances of each incident. Such members may or may not be contacted beforehand. I review all new registrations as quickly as I can, and new registrations that appear to be bypassing the above mentioned rule are addressed as soon as they are discovered.

If someone has been away from the site for a while, or otherwise lost access to their original account, they are encouraged to contact me directly so I can help them to regain access to that account. Please use the CONTACT US link at the bottom of that page. And I also HIGHLY recommend that you put "webmaster@faunaclassifieds.com" into your white list of your email processor. I cannot help you if I cannot converse with you. In any event, please do not just create another account here, as that is wasteful of my server resources and just gives me more work to do to clean up messes.

Thank you all for heeding this notice.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!