Dan Felice - Good Guy - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-08-2003, 10:46 PM   #1
Lee McMurtry
Dan Felice - Good Guy

I got two pair of cribos from Dan about two months ago. He was excellent in communication before the deal, even encouraging me to call so that he could answer questions over the phone rather than via e-mail. The animals were great-looking and arrived well packaged. Unfortunately one of the females died unexpectedly (now eight weeks after arrival). Sometimes that's the way life (and death) goes, but Dan is going out of his way to offer more info and to work out a deal for replacing her.
Excellent service before and after the sale, beautiful cribos - two thumbs up for Dan Felice!

-Lee McMurtry

Old 12-09-2003, 08:38 AM   #2
gila7150
Agreed. I purchased a unicolor cribo that Dan produced in 2002 and it is awesome. He is growing like a weed and is perfect in every way. I can't wait till this guy is old enough to introduce to my unicolor females.

Old 12-09-2003, 08:50 AM   #3
nategodin
Question Accusations on KS.com Indigo forum

In the past few weeks, I've seen a lot of messages on the KS.com Indigo forum saying that Dan has been selling Eastern/calico Unicolor crosses as Texas indigos. I have a hard time believing that a reputable breeder would do such a thing, but I don't really know the specifics of the situation. Is there any truth to these accusations or is some jerk with too much time on his hands just out to wreck Dan's reputation?

Old 12-09-2003, 09:02 AM   #4
gila7150
The person you are referring to is the same troll that has attacked almost every person who frequents that forum. He is banned by Kingsnake on a weekly basis and comes back under a different name each time.
I know the person that the troll accused Dan of selling hybrids to. She owns Texas Indigos from other breeders and would know if she was sold a couperi/unicolor hybrid (which would probably not even resemble erebennus). I'd chalk that accusation up as BS
like everything else that comes out of that troll's mouth.

Old 12-09-2003, 05:05 PM   #5
Chris Kennard
It is true. Dan bred his "calico" Unicolor Cribo to an Eastern Indigo and sold them as Texas Indigos. Although many people here will attack my credibility and character as they've dilligently tried to do on Indigo, it won't change the facts. I live about five minutes from Dan and at the time he was breeding those snakes I was a frequent visitor of Dan's. At the time we were on good terms and were quite friendly. Things are different now, unfortunately. In any case, he did not own Texas adults (or any Texas animals for that matter) at the time he was breeding his Eastern to his Uni. Dan has since gotten rid of his Eastern due to paranoia. He voiced concern that his house would get raided because the Eastern wasn't accompanied by a permit. Understandable. But I digress. When the offspring from the Eastern/Uni cross were hatched, Dan gave one to me which I returned shortly afterward. He sold one to my older brother who lives in N.J. which unfortunately died. He represented that one as a Uni/Eastern cross. He had sold a few to someone named Steve and voiced ALOT of concern that Steve might somehow find out that they were in fact crosses. I recently found out that it was Steve Fuller who obtained them from Dan due to a recent post on Indigo where TexIndigo Gal claimed to have been the recipient of three Texas Indigos from "Dan Felice's stock" as a result of purchasing the animals from Steve Fuller and Bobby L. I don't believe that Steve or Bobby had any idea that those animals were crosses. Dan misrepresented them, thus causing them to be unknowingly misrepresented by others. Unfortunately, it's my word against the world. I only hope that those offspring aren't used to pollute the captive Texas Indigo gene pool any further.

Old 12-09-2003, 05:21 PM   #6
Chris Kennard
Gila...

"couperi/unicolor hybrid (which would probably not even resemble erebennus). I'd chalk that accusation up as BS"

LOL! Well I guess that's it then Chris. You've solved the case. I guess if you, a pal of Dan's who frequents the Indigo forum where everyone is absolved of wrongdoing just by being a member of that country club (see "buyer beware, Fred Albury"), then whatever you say, must be true, lol. Were you there when he bred those animals Chris? Let me answer that. No, you weren't. I was. Lastly, I have seen the offspring from that cross and they not only could pass for Texans, but they DID pass for Texans, lol. So don't preach what you think. Preach what you know. Chalk my "accusation" up to whatever you want. The concern for keeping Drys pure in captive populations obviously doesn't rank very high on your list of priorities. People have a right to know they are being misled. What possible motive could you have for trying to thwart that? So let's recap shall we? Someone here inquires about those "crosses", you immediately assassinate my character, and yet know nothing about this incident other than what your pal Dan wants you to believe. Hmmm. Are you still angry about the thread regarding your pal Fred Albury?

Old 12-09-2003, 06:16 PM   #7
gila7150
Since you seem to regard yourself as someone of high moral character, why is it that you sat back and said nothing while Dan allegedly misrepresented hybrids? You said that all of this occurred back in 2002 but you are only speaking out now because you and Dan had a falling out. Since you say that this is about protecting customers from misrepresentation and not about spite, what took you so long?

I've never met you, Fred or Dan. I only know the three of you through Internet forums. I purchased an awesome uni from Dan and I'm very happy with it. I also purchased a great looking yellowtail from someone else (this snake was in Dan's care and was shipped to me by Dan).

If your allegations were true I would find that very troubling. However, I've seen you attack too many people over the last year or two to just take your word for it without any proof.

If I trust Dan it's because he has delivered a healthy, well represented snake to me on two different occasions. He has followed up with emails to see how the snakes are doing in my care and offered husbandry/breeding advice to me on more than one occasion.
All I know about you is that you make immature, confrontational posts and rarely have anything nice to say about anyone. You're banned from Kingsnake on almost a weekly basis and return under different pseudonyms to harass someone else.
In the last year I've seen you personally attack Dan Felice, John Cherry, Fred Albury and Dean Allesandrini.

If you have proof of your allegations, I'm all ears.
...but you couldn't possibly expect me or anyone else who has witnessed your behavior over the last couple years to take your word for it, could you? Even if you were able to prove your allegations to be true (which I really doubt)...what does that say about you for keeping it quiet until just recently because your friendship with Dan has ended?

Old 12-09-2003, 06:46 PM   #8
Chris Kennard
Gila...

The answers to your questions can be found in my first post. Your first post here regarding me was vicious and slanderous and unsubstantially accusatory. Given that, why would I waist my time answering question from someone who obviously has alot of animosity toward me (as exhibited in your post about me here) and is also a pal of Dan's. You have made it clear that you regard me as a puerile troll without knowing anything about the incident. Again, you weren't there, I was.

"...but you couldn't possibly expect me or anyone else who has witnessed your behavior over the last couple years to take your word for it, could you?"

If you can find any post or accusation that I have ever made to be untrue, by all means post it.

Old 12-09-2003, 07:28 PM   #9
Anaconda Al
Dejavu

Gila, you seem to have a fixation on Chris Kennard. You attacked him in the Fred Albury thread just like you have here, and look at the result of that thread. In the end, Fred Albury was evertyhing that Chris Kennard claimed he was. You, on the other hand, were the guy who stood behind Fred. What does that say about your "moral character"?

Here's one of your posts in the "Buyer Beware of Fred Albury" thread (you might want to read it to refresh your memory before you get too carried away and focus on Chris kennard, rather than what he's saying):

"Since Chris Kennard decided to make this about himself....

The people reading this should realize that he has been stalking Fred on the Kingsnake forums long before this transaction with Landon ever started. He has as many online names as he has personalities...Chris Ken, Tyranosaur, Lore, Boapit, Dingbat....and even Anti-Bury (that one should show his obsession with Fred).
He's harrassed Fred on the pituphis, boa and indigo forums before this transaction ever transpired) His issues with Fred are personal and have nothing to do with this transaction.

I honestly don't believe he has anything to do with Landon. Landon has always shown class on his forum posts (and as evidenced in his emails). It wouldn't suprise me if Chris Ken can produce an angry email....I'm sure Landon was frustrated with this deal.

Fred obviously dropped the ball on this deal and has now said he'll make it right. I believe he will.
Hopefully, him and Landon will be able to work out their differences.

Chris Kennard, what did Fred do personally to you that caused you to make it your life's mission to be his personal remora? (as another person on one of the Kingsnake forums so accurately described you)"

By the way Gila, I was "Lore", Chris wasn't. You might want to brush up on getting your facts straight before you continue with your character assassinations.

Albert Applebaum

Old 12-09-2003, 08:04 PM   #10
thomas davis
well?

well i dunno 'bout dans cribos, but i know he is a good guy i did a deal last year w/him and all went great,good all the way around
thomas davis

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!