Bad Guy Dan Foss/Reptiles Plus Cut and Run - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:49 PM   #1
chaosaffect
Dan Foss/Reptiles Plus Cut and Run

It's been repeatedly advised that I escalate this to a Bad Guy thread, so here it goes.

Around May 5th I posted an ad looking for a trade for four of my ball pythons local to the Atlanta area. I was contacted by a person on FB going under the name "Reptiles Plus" (https://www.facebook.com/reptiles.plus.10), and after being convinced by others that shipping was easy I started bargaining for a trade with him. At first the subject of the trade was an Albino Male, but we eventually agreed to my 1.0 Pastel, 1.0 het Albino, 0.1 Spider, and 0.1 Normal for his 0.1 Fire het Albino.

Since I was new to the FB reptile community, and I was under the impression that he had been around a bit I agreed to send first with the understanding that he would send his side as soon as I gave him shipping confirmation. To clarify, I had done some research, asked around, but there was no negative feedback.

So, I sent my side on Tuesday the 7th. He claimed it was too late in the day to send his out, but promised to do it first thing Wednesday the 8th.

Wednesday past with some confusion about the sex of one of the ones I sent, $50 being sent to him as partial payment to buy it back, clarification of the sex, and me asking for the $50 returned. He did not ship, but claimed that FedEx was scheduled to pick it up first thing Thursday morning.

Thursday he claimed he overslept but would take it in later that afternoon. That evening he said that he had been to multiple locations but no one would ship, and that he would have to go through SYR, so it wouldn't go out until Monday the 13th. He did refund my $50, though.

There was no communication all through the weekend. I 'poked' him on FB on Sunday to make sure he remembered me, messaged him at 10AM Monday, then several more times after that. I ended up becoming so concerned that I called the number he gave me but he's not answering.

Dan, if you read this, I just want the snake I was promised or the value that you set for it, $400.

All communication is attached, along with the post where he priced the Fire het Albino at $400.
Attached Images

Old 05-14-2013, 05:50 PM   #2
chaosaffect
The last bit of the FB conversation, and the post where he priced the Fire het Albino:
Attached Images

Old 05-14-2013, 05:53 PM   #3
chaosaffect
Sigh... The pictures uploaded crazy small. I'm also going to link an Imgur album with larger versions.

http://imgur.com/a/JjqmO

Old 05-14-2013, 06:15 PM   #4
Kaorte
Thanks for posting this.

Have you received any contact from him since he refunded your $50?

I still think you should just ask for your animals to be shipped back to you.

I have very little confidence in the genetics of this fire het albino. Does he have paperwork or photos of the parents?

Old 05-14-2013, 06:28 PM   #5
RichsBallPythons
Them prices scream Scam. $250 for 1250g vanilla female, but $400 for a bumblebee female hatchling. Think about it

Chances are you will never see anything

Old 05-14-2013, 09:50 PM   #6
chaosaffect
Considering I have his home address, phone number, etc I'd say chances are pretty good I will see something when I get the cops involved.

No, there has been no contact since last Thursday.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:09 PM   #7
chaosaffect
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaorte View Post
Thanks for posting this.

Have you received any contact from him since he refunded your $50?

I still think you should just ask for your animals to be shipped back to you.

I have very little confidence in the genetics of this fire het albino. Does he have paperwork or photos of the parents?
I don't know how confident I am at this point either.

Old 05-15-2013, 12:12 AM   #8
RichsBallPythons
having an address dont mean anything. Could of been someone eleses address that he waited at for the FedEx driver and such.

The prices of few of them snakes should of red flagged you.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:22 AM   #9
Kaorte
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
having an address dont mean anything. Could of been someone eleses address that he waited at for the FedEx driver and such.

Yeah I agree. I didn't see that price list at first.. Definitely seems off...

Man that really sucks!! I don't do any deals over facebook unless they have a reputation elsewhere, or I know them personally.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:35 AM   #10
chaosaffect
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post

I KNOW that it's his home address. I've already spoken with a couple of people that have done business with him locally. I'm not sure what your intention is here, or why you appear to be trying to make me feel worse about this than I already am, but please stop.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!