Prep table - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen

Notices

Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen Whats Cooking: A cooking forum designed for fauna members to share recipes and other culinary delights with each other. Bon Appetit!

Old 08-30-2014, 04:46 PM   #1
Lucille
Prep table

There is a second hand restaurant equipment company in town, and I decided to get a stainless steel prep table from them.
I love my teeny house but the kitchen counters are small and only a few feet on either side of the sink. There is little room to do anything that needs space like chopping a bunch of veggies or making a pizza crust.
The new table is a monster, it is 30x48 (I had to take off two sets of doors to get it in the kitchen) and it is taking up a lot of the small kitchen floor space. But it is wonderful. Huge, easy to clean stainless surface.

So far I've painted the kitchen, put in a new vinyl floor, put up shelves and seven pot racks (I have my regular pots and pans plus my ornamental copper pan collection). I still have to repaint the cabinets and put cabinet liners in.
Both kids now have fiancés, so I want to start having big family gatherings from time to time and when this is all finished, I will feel like I have a 'new' kitchen to cook the big Italian, BBQ, southern fried chicken meals I have planned.

BTW before I started all these projects I checked out commercial kitchen remodel prices with new cabinets and sinks and fancy countertops and professionally installed flooring. It can easily run $10,000 and more.
My DIY kitchen project? Less than $500. Including the prep table.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!